Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Pre-Combine Trade Down Off Season Mock/The Road To AFC East Dominance/Win Now!

1. -31
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott 1 View Post
    McKinnie actually graded out much better than Jake Long last year. He also turned it up a notch in the playoffs and was integral in giving Flacco time to win through all the way to the SB.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-tackles/

As far as a stopgap LT I don't see a better solution, do you ?????????????????????????????

Jake Long is gone, get over it.
    You keep quoting PFF likes it the only grading website around.

There not the end all be all of grading systems and there very flawed in a lot of there rankings.

every ranking is subjective to many things. You can't just look at a play and say he messed up and he didn't, way more involved in the game of football than x player messed up.

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Well then stop reading PFF.
    Maybe I wasn't clear enough.

A generic response like, I give this a bad grade, or I hate this, or I don't like this; is less than meaningless. A post like that carries no weight.

I could care less about such responses. I doubt anyone else viewing the thread does either.

If the poster can't actually deal with the issues in the thread why should anybody care in the least.

Once again, why not actually write a little about what you don't like and maybe go out on a limb and write what you want to happen.

If you are going to hate something, why not specify what??
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You keep quoting PFF likes it the only grading website around.

There not the end all be all of grading systems and there very flawed in a lot of there rankings.

every ranking is subjective to many things. You can't just look at a play and say he messed up and he didn't, way more involved in the game of football than x player messed up.
    Actually I used the NFL resources and Football Outsiders and National Football Post and Pro football Weekly and several other sites and articles.

As far as PFF goes. The professional media from sports anchors to local beat writers constantly quote them. They are very highly respected.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah McKinne is a GREAT fit for west coast offense hahhahaha exact opposite of what we need at offensive line, you also lost me at Stedman Bailey as our #1 receiver
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    yeah McKinne is a GREAT fit for west coast offense hahhahaha exact opposite of what we need at offensive line, you also lost me at Stedman Bailey as our #1 receiver
    I agree about McKinnie. He isn't the answer for any length of time, but if Long is gone, what do you suggest?

I actually think Fisher could slide to the #12 position. Say Albert returns to KC and Jason Peters is indeed 100% as he says. Say the talks with Jared Gaither this weekend go really well and the Chargers like him to start at LT next year. Then who, really, is going to be drafting a LT other than the Cardinals, and that isn't set in stone either.

But do you really want to risk it???? I suppose you could but, yikes!

Dolphins could go after Will Beatty. I like that idea as well. I think he is the real deal. The Giants seem intent on locking up Nicks and Victor Cruz. If they do that, they will definitely not have the cap to bring back Beatty. It will be Brewer time. Beatty was the 9th ranked LT in the NFL last year and he is young. He is going to command a fat pay check.

As far as Bailey goes. You are again right of course. A rookie will not be designated #1, however, at the end of the season he may very well have accomplished a lot more than Hartline or Jennings and certainly more than the enormously overrated Wallace. If Wallace and Sean Smith are on this team next year you can kiss the season goodbye.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I def. appreciate all the work and thought and put into this post...I don't agree 100% especially with your strategy for OL, and WR, like your CB ideas though...thanks for this well thought out post....we need more of this on Fin Heaven
    Supporter of logic and organizational consistency

Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't be mad if the offseason played out like that, I would keep Martin at LT for another year though or at least move him to guard.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Elliott care to explain on what makes Wallace overrated?

Dont feed me the PFF bull****, just your own eyes.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Elliott care to explain on what makes Wallace overrated?

Dont feed me the PFF bull****, just your own eyes.
    If stats and countless hours of tape analysis mean nothing to you and you count them as dung,I don't know how to respond, what exactly is this eye test you refer to?

Here is another source: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

You will find Wallace right where he belongs, nearly the very bottom.

Wallace isn't elite. The only thing he does at an elite level is run fast.

I gotta believe he will have better years than last year in the future but still, he isn't the mega money man he thinks he is, and he can't hold a candle to Vincent Jackson; who by the way was the guy I was lobbying for the Dolphins to acquire through when they went and spent two 2nd round picks on Brandon Marshall.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Impact Wrestling > WWE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott 1 View Post
    If stats and countless hours of tape analysis mean nothing to you and you count them as dung,I don't know how to respond, what exactly is this eye test you refer to?

Here is another source: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

You will find Wallace right where he belongs, nearly the very bottom.

Wallace isn't elite. The only thing he does at an elite level is run fast.

I gotta believe he will have better years than last year in the future but still, he isn't the mega money man he thinks he is, and he can't hold a candle to Vincent Jackson; who by the way was the guy I was lobbying for the Dolphins to acquire through when they went and spent two 2nd round picks on Brandon Marshall.
    Like most, I disagree in your assessment of Martin. Though, you are onto something with Wallace.

He is really good at the 9/Go Route and little else. He isn't even the most complete or well rounded WR on putzbugh's roster.. That would be Sanders or Brown.

I do not like, respect, or care for the stealers organization. That being said, when they do decide to let someone walk there is a good reason.

Some of it is economics but there is more going on w/ MW than meets the eye IMO.
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.

Quote Quote