Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Pre-Combine Trade Down Off Season Mock/The Road To AFC East Dominance/Win Now!

1. -41
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    I wouldn't be mad if the offseason played out like that, I would keep Martin at LT for another year though or at least move him to guard.
    Ya I suggested moving him in another earlier mock, but as I continued to research him and watch last years games, I realized how weak he really is. He would have to get a lot stronger to start trying to move NT's and 3-techniques in run blocking.

He got literally knocked on his but several times last year. Not just pushed back, knocked straight back on his arse; and once, by a guy he out weighed by 100 pounds!!

I think he is another year away from being a viable NFL swing tackle. I doubt he will ever even make it to mediocre starting OT.

I think if he starts for the Dolphins again next year it will be almost as bad. Maybe he will rank in the 50's instead of the 70's but that is still bad, not even mediocre.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by utahphinsfan View Post
    Like most, I disagree in your assessment of Martin. Though, you are onto something with Wallace.

He is really good at the 9/Go Route and little else. He isn't even the most complete or well rounded WR on putzbugh's roster.. That would be Sanders or Brown.

I do not like, respect, or care for the stealers organization. That being said, when they do decide to let someone walk there is a good reason.

Some of it is economics but there is more going on w/ MW than meets the eye IMO.
    they did offer Wallace the 50 million contract first.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

The Pre-Combine Trade Down Off Season Mock/The Road To AFC East Dominance/Win N

Quote Originally Posted by Elliott 1 View Post
    So, this post basically says nothing. It couldn't even address a single issue. Pretty much just a vague insult. It isn't even clear if the response is referring to the original post or the subsequent Jonathan Martin posts.

Now that.........is a worthless post if there ever was one.
    I'm sorry bro, it was a quote from billy Madison and I had to use it...you've got your plan, I have mine. Whose to say your wrong?? This is a hobby for all of us and while I don't agree with you, you could very well be right.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Greetings from Portlandia

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland, OR
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My reaction to this well researched article is not about 1 or 2 players. I have teamwork/continuity/chemistry first philosophy in which the players are people with lives and families, and they make friends on the team; when they do they play better together, as a team. The wholesale replacement of the parts that "don't fit" will devastate what this team built last year. With a salary cap all 32 teams have their issues with some players and positions and they are hard to solve; deals are hard to make with other teams and players. Everyone involved is trying to get an advantage for themselves. What sets the good teams apart is chemistry; take Baltimore for example-not the most talented team but they played together with a purpose. The Redskins have proven in the past (and recently the Eagles) that filling the teams with good FA players who have never played together is a recipe for disaster. I would keep as many familiar faces around as stop gaps until the young talent develops. This will help the players feel they are in a stable work environment which will be attractive to future players.

I hope Miami can trade down because I like the mid/late rounds in this draft. I just wonder if there is a good enough player at #12, that is so much better than everyone else, that a smart SF front office would give all that especially since they don't need anything.

I think you show a good understanding of most of the players and draft prospects but you have absolutely no idea how to build/manage a team. I hate the "meat market" approach.

BTW, I suggest that you join FinHeaven VIP if you are looking for more thoughtful assesments of your ideas, because most posters out here will not take the time to read your ideas before they (over)react.

Thanks for the ideas and player assessments, they may be useful.

RW
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    I'm sorry bro, it was a quote from billy Madison and I had to use it...you've got your plan, I have mine. Whose to say your wrong?? This is a hobby for all of us and while I don't agree with you, you could very well be right.
    Who is Billy Madison?? No wait!! I don't think I want to know.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

The Pre-Combine Trade Down Off Season Mock/The Road To AFC East Dominance/Win N

Quote Originally Posted by Elliott 1 View Post
    Who is Billy Madison?? No wait!! I don't think I want to know.
    Wow. Your loss.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Greetings from Portlandia

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland, OR
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not buying the "Frankenstein approach" to building a team; it will never sew together in time, if at all. Also not very realistic acquiring all of these new players; it sounds like all of the available
    FA's are dying to come to Miami for cheap.

RW
    Quote Quote