Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins talking contract with Reggie Bush

1. -21
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    bush is not signing without testing his market for any 2 years and $8 mil number...i'm sure he thinks he can land a $6 mil per year deal somewhere...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

RE: Dolphins talking contract with Reggie Bush

I want him back as a receiver more than straight ahead runner. Miller needs that role
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    With Ireland mentioning at the Senior Bowl looking at upgrading the slot position, and Egnew going to be used as a slot seam threat TE with Fasano as the blocking TE, I could be wrong, but I'm beginning to believe that Miami's vision is putting Bush in the slot replacing Davone Bess and also playing the 3rd down back change of pace relief/insurance backup to the new starter Lamar Miller.

To me Davone Bess's roster spot is in danger of being shop material on draft day.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    With Ireland mentioning at the Senior Bowl looking at upgrading the slot position, and Egnew going to be used as a slot seam threat TE with Fasano as the blocking TE, I could be wrong, but I'm beginning to believe that Miami's vision is putting Bush in the slot replacing Davone Bess and also playing the 3rd down back change of pace relief/insurance backup to the new starter Lamar Miller.

To me Davone Bess's roster spot is in danger of being shop material on draft day.
    MILLER's a stone. He hasn't shown NEARLY enough. BUSH, besides everything else, is "bust insurance"".
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Bush and hope we resign him. Admittedly, I'll be a little depressed if we let him walk. Miller isn't as durable IMHO and doesn't possess the same breathtaking running style I enjoy seeing. I understand the move, and think Miller is a good option, but I'd prefer to have Bush, who seems like the better, more versatile, and more durable player. If we let Bush walk, I definitely think we'll draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th round. Should someone like Gillislee slide, then it makes a lot of sense.

With our mindset being that he isn't our feature back, I don't see how we offer enough to keep him away from a team like Detroit. Bush would be devestating on artificial turf, has the deep threats to push the safeties out of the box, and a QB that throws to his RB's. Given how Detroit has thrown sooooo many resources into trying to find a RB like Bush and watching them all get injured, they'll probably be willing to throw more money at him than Miami is willing to do.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the Dolphins are smart they will realize that signing Bush will enhance the desires of other offensive free agents to want to come here. If they lose Bush then it is one less selling point (and a big one) Ireland would have when he is in a room trying to sell Wallace and Jennings on signing here.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Sherman will not be creative enough to make this team successful
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am opposed to re-signing Reggie Bush bc 1- Davone Bess is a better, more proven slot receiver and 2- Every time Bush lines up in the backfield, that's one less touch for Lamar Miller. I don't mind Bush and Miller splitting time at RB, but why pay Lamar Miller's backup 4-5$ million per year? If we play ours cards right, our offense will be much scarier than it was in 2012, which means more room to run. Daniel Thomas and Lamar Miller are a good 1-2 punch, even though i'm not Daniel Thomas' biggest fan.

In Miller you have a traditional back. Miller falls forward, gets positive yeardage, and doesn't land Tannehill in 3rd and 8. He gets small chunks of yardage but has the ability to take off if he sees daylight. I love Reggie but he is not a traditional running back and IMO that's what we need to get back to. Also, Lamar Miller is already better in pass pro than Bush, and is a decent enough pass catcher.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Reggie in a Chargers uniform.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I see Bush staying on natural surface. He said prior to signing w/ MIA, he wanted back on grass. He mentioned the toll that the fake stuff had on his body. So with that said, I still believe MIA will be in the thick of things to retain him.

I just don't see DET being able to grab him, even for more money.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post

I know Bush was used quite a bit out wide in N.O. but not much in Miami thus far. Anyone know how many plays he's actually lined up from the WR position with Miami?
    Quote Quote