Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dolphins talking contract with Reggie Bush

1. -31
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Make him a slot WR, dump Bess and sign Wallace. With Miller as the starting RB, that would make us a pretty quick team with 3 starters that run a sub 4.4 forty time.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    I am opposed to re-signing Reggie Bush bc 1- Davone Bess is a better, more proven slot receiver and 2- Every time Bush lines up in the backfield, that's one less touch for Lamar Miller. I don't mind Bush and Miller splitting time at RB, but why pay Lamar Miller's backup 4-5$ million per year? If we play ours cards right, our offense will be much scarier than it was in 2012, which means more room to run. Daniel Thomas and Lamar Miller are a good 1-2 punch, even though i'm not Daniel Thomas' biggest fan.

In Miller you have a traditional back. Miller falls forward, gets positive yeardage, and doesn't land Tannehill in 3rd and 8. He gets small chunks of yardage but has the ability to take off if he sees daylight. I love Reggie but he is not a traditional running back and IMO that's what we need to get back to. Also, Lamar Miller is already better in pass pro than Bush, and is a decent enough pass catcher.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Reggie in a Chargers uniform.
    Daniel Thomas is not a punch. I'm not even sure he's a jab. As for Bush: he gives us a dynamic on offense where ever he lines up. We get him in space and he is very dangerous. Much more dangerous than Bess (who I like and respect a lot). That's one thing we failed miserably at this past season: getting Bush into space. Very very few screen passes, didn't utilize him in the slot, etc. If we could field a team with the likes of Bush, Wallace, Miller (all of which have great speed) on offense, we are going to create a lot of mismatches for the defense. Add a seam threat TE and the fact that the pressure will be taken off our other receivers, and I could see this offense giving ANY defense fits and defensive coordinators headaches. You take Bush out of that equation, and there is a noticeable difference just from a mismatch standpoint. Bush has a lot to offer this team and I would hate to see him go. At this point I'd say it's 50/50. But I wold love to have him here for the added offensive dynamic he gives us.

SCall13, Jr.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Teams keyed in on Bush last season because nobody else on the offense scared opponents. That is why the coaches couldn't get the most out of Bush in both the running game and passing game. In the NFL it's pretty easy to take out a superstar when there are no other weapons to worry about. Same thing will happen to Wallace if we don't bring back Bush and surround him with other real threats.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Put him at slot receiver!!! Few players in the NFL are more dangerous with the ball in their hands... just ask entire colts defense
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think he'll stay with us for something reasonable. He's not going to find huge demand on the open market and he has an established role on this team.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Torrance, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This guy was the only offensive playmaker we had last year, despite some of his minor deficiencies. Bush needs to stay a Dolphin, sharing the load with Miller. Cut Thomas. Dude blows.

Btw, tried to thank all the pro Bush posts, but got tired after 2 pages.
    The future of the Miami Dolphins offense!!!!

From left to right...Michael Egnew, Lamar Miller, and Ryan Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would like bush back for like 3 yrs 12 mil but nothig more. Its a low ball offer but according to the fins they r fine with Miller as the starter. If thats the case they r not going to pay a back up RB more then 4 mil a year. Wouldnt mind signing bush and getting rid of thomas and have miller and bush split carries. Miller 12-14 and bush 8-12 and roll with the hot hand.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Of course the Fins are fine with Miller at RB . . . it's called leverage in contract negotiating.

There were games that Thomas was hurt and Miller could barely sniff the field. I highly doubt the Fins are content with just Miller at RB. Not saying Reggie is their one and done answer but they certainly wouldn't mind having their best playmaker back at a good price.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Of course the Fins are fine with Miller at RB . . . it's called leverage in contract negotiating.

There were games that Thomas was hurt and Miller could barely sniff the field. I highly doubt the Fins are content with just Miller at RB. Not saying Reggie is their one and done answer but they certainly wouldn't mind having their best playmaker back at a good price.
    Well Im not sure trying to make him seem like a backup is the best strategy esp when some other teams should have interest. I dont see Miller as ever being better than Bush
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He wants to stay here in Miami. I think they sign him or he ends up with his former coach in Oakland.

He is a million times more reliable than the original wildhog/wildcat.
    Quote Quote