Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reggie bush at Wide Receiver?

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

reggie bush at Wide Receiver?

would you bring him back as a slot receiver in addition to Jennings and or Wallace and or Patterson? the buffalo game he caught 2 tds.. more than Hartline did all year and reggie would be cheaper than Hartline ireland talked about bringing reggie back and using him in different ways http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz-VtPtpxCU
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we all know he is best in space with the ball in his hands. he struggles when he dances in the backfield so why not put him at WR and use him at RB like the packers used Cobb. WCO is all about yards after catch and that might be reggies best attribute
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Reggie has a great "slot-type" body...slim, compact, muscular and he is a great change of pace guy....I like it.

Put him in the slot full time...and depending on the looks the defense gives us...he can motion back into the backfield on third down if needed.

I'm just not happy with Hartline or Bess anymore at all (no RAC ability/ minimal TD production) - regardless of their salaries. I want both of those guys gone.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would certainly think about expanding Reggie Bush's role across the field, including at receiver, but I sure as hell wouldn't be doing it at the expense of the size of Davone Bess's role in the offense. I think it's a delusion to believe Reggie Bush can simply step into a slot receiver role and play anywhere near as well as Davone Bess.

IMO you don't go into the offseason targeting the acquisition of greater talent at the receiver position (including tight end), while trading out Davone Bess for Reggie Bush as your slot receiver.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Money is Power

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As long as he does not want top $
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright View Post
    I would certainly think about expanding Reggie Bush's role across the field, including at receiver, but I sure as hell wouldn't be doing it at the expense of the size of Davone Bess's role in the offense. I think it's a delusion to believe Reggie Bush can simply step into a slot receiver role and play anywhere near as well as Davone Bess.

IMO you don't go into the offseason targeting the acquisition of greater talent at the receiver position (including tight end), while trading out Davone Bess for Reggie Bush as your slot receiver.
    What Bess brings to the offense can be easily upgraded. This is his last year in Miami, no doubt.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    What Bess brings to the offense can be easily upgraded. This is his last year in Miami, no doubt.
    Well when there's no position on the issue that can be proven definitively right or wrong, and it's clear after only two posts that our positions aren't going to change, we might as well agree to disagree.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Damn SugarBowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Reggie Bush doesn't want to be a slot receiver. He wont sign for that role. The guy just wants to be a feature back in the NFL and with good reason. The guy actually deserves a pay increase, but that doesn't make sense for us. it will for another team. That's why I know he's not resigning
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    no...and marcus thigpen already runs better routes than bush in the slot pretty much...more versatility as a route runner at least...dumb to bring bush back as a primarily wr
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    no...and marcus thigpen already runs better routes than bush in the slot pretty much...more versatility as a route runner at least...dumb to bring bush back as a primarily wr
    but we should bring back hartline and keep bess?? many people had a 1st round grade on Reggie as a receiver and he caught more passes as a rookie (88) then Hartline or Bess have in one season. He also caught 2 TDs against Buffalo, matching Bess and Hartline's season totals. Get rid of Bess, and sign Jennings, Wallace, and Reggie and have the best trio of receivers in the league!! Bush is a pro bowl WR waiting to happen
    Quote Quote