Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: MORT: dolphins internally discussing signing Wallace AND Jennings

1. -21
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tom Pelissero of ESPN Twin Cities "heard" at the Combine that free agent Greg Jennings is seeking $14 million a year.

$14 million annually would make Jennings the NFL's third highest paid wide receiver behind Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. No one is going to pay that much for an injury-prone wideout entering his age-30 season. Per Pelissero, there is a "popular theory" among NFL front offices that wide receivers will "sit on the market" like inside linebackers did last year. In other words, they may price themselves out of the initial wave of free agency.

Wow if this is true, forget it.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    John Edwards

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    PS4 ControllerPlaystation LogoCap's shieldCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Yeah, Jennings is delusional if he thinks he's getting more than about 7.5 or 8 million per.
    Tailgun

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    don't pay that no mind...it's bunk
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One guy "heard". I don't buy it as anything more the BS or agent talk if what he "heard" is accurate.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    you do realize that there is a very strong possibility that b/t the 20's wr brian hartlines market is in the $6 mil range right??? let him go pick up jennings for a couple mil more...hartlines never gonna give you consistent td production...roll the dice on jennings on a 3 or 4 year pact an give yourself an out in a few years...
    I realise Hartline could get paid yes, but I also don't think Wallace is worth what he is asking. I would rather get Jennings and Hartline for a similar price to Wallace on his own than sign Jennings AND Wallace, I think Wallace will be massively be overpaid when all is said and done. Especially if teams like the Browns and Bengals are in for him as well.

I don't think committing 20+ million to two receivers in one off season is a smart salary cap decision and we could live to regret it. if it wasn't the last year of his contract I dont think Ireland would consider it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by phinatic1399 View Post
    Not a good idea. So this means we will most likely let a younger faster hartline walk for a 30 year old greg jennings who cant even get on the field? not smart. And that most likely eliminates the approach of drafting a nice red zone threat for tannehill. Tannehill needs a big body. Resign hartline. Sign wallace. Then draft patterson, hunter, or allen. Tannehill needs at least one WR target that is bigger than 6'2
    Funny how Jennings had more TDs than Hartline last year despite he "who cant even get on the field".

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Head Dolphin In This Pod

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dodge LogoPlaystation LogoTannehill 17Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    We won't sign both if GJ wants 14mil yr. To much for injury prone wr.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    I realise Hartline could get paid yes, but I also don't think Wallace is worth what he is asking. I would rather get Jennings and Hartline for a similar price to Wallace on his own than sign Jennings AND Wallace, I think Wallace will be massively be overpaid when all is said and done. Especially if teams like the Browns and Bengals are in for him as well.

I don't think committing 20+ million to two receivers in one off season is a smart salary cap decision and we could live to regret it. if it wasn't the last year of his contract I dont think Ireland would consider it.
    well it appears that i don't value what hartline brings to the table as much as you do...i can tell ya this though...if jennings issues are all injury related and not age related he's a TOTALLY different level than brian hartline...jennings is murder and actually gets in the end zone...it if't all injury groin issues and not all off due to age this is a no brainer
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Of course they "discussed" it - they have to be diligent. But reality still says this is a fairy tale idea.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you really think about it.. It would be very similar to signing Hartline and Wallace. Hartline is asking for maybe a mill less than what Jennings will get(7mill/yr).

I personally wouldn't do it, but i'm not an NFL GM either..
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote