Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: rotoworld: Richard Marshall back is healed. Could play in a game today

1. -11
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinatic1399 View Post
    dude played with a bad back and out of position last year why doesnt anybody cut him some slack? Jared odrick plays out of position and sucks but everybody on here thinks he's the second coming of richard seymour or something and defend him tooth and nail. Give marshall another chance.
    I will give you that much, I do not understand the love for Jared Odrick on this board. He's much better suited for DT IMO and I actually think we should tag Starks. To the issue at hand though, Richard Marshall is worth about half of what he's being paid and he needs to take a pay cut or hit the bricks.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    dude played with a bad back and out of position last year why doesnt anybody cut him some slack? Jared odrick plays out of position and sucks but everybody on here thinks he's the second coming of richard seymour or something and defend him tooth and nail. Give marshall another chance.
    marshall showed to be a poor boundary corner and a ehh slot corner...for his pay as a backup free safety which is what he'd likely be if they put him at his position and resigned chris clemons you're not getting good bang for your buck...pay cut or out right cut...maybe out right cut
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Hopefully it is healed enough for him to clear out his locker and carry his boxes to his car!
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks

rotoworld: Richard Marshall back is healed. Could play in a game today

I agree with what everyone is saying but he was also playing hurt. Not saying he isn't somewhere between mediocre and bad but maybe he offers more when healthy. We'll see.
    The way Jeff Ireland took a GM's dream worth of cap space and draft picks and made the team worse in borderline miraculous.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Re: rotoworld: Richard Marshall back is healed. Could play in a game today

At Marshalls salary he has gotta start or either be an elite nickel CB with versatility to play safety or on the boundary. He looked like none of that in preseason or in the games. Its a tough call because you A. Have Smith and Clemmons as FA... and B. If you do get rid of him you risk losing your 3 top Cbs heading into last training camp and what confidence should we have that we get anything close to replacing the guys we lost. Marshall had shown in the past to be a solid FS option and nickel CB but back injuries are no joke and like I said he really didnt impress as a Dolphin. He'll probably be be brought to camp but if young guys impress he could be a cap casualty before his salary for the season is guaranteed.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So the rest oif career playing below average at corner means nothing either
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think every body who's getting on him need to chill!!! Last I checked the boy makes plays, he gets picks, check his tats before Last year.He's runs a fast and is at his best when he plays the slot or free safety position and that's that period, fact! He was forced to play boundary and was was a 5 put of 10, place him in the slot were be belongs because don't get it swisted he is physical, he's a 7 out of ten. There's a reason why he got the contract that he did. This is a time where CB's get a lil over paid do to the passing frenzy that's going on. Many nfl teams are paying a pretty penny for nickel back now because that are IMPORTANT. Let him come into camp off he looks good than fine if he's still hampered in preseason than ok do whatever. To much bashing for no reason. He's not usually hurt but when he is healthy let me tell you a thing or two just to shut these dumb ass bashers up, hers his stats when he's at his natural position.

2006- 83 tkls, 2 ff, 2 fr, 3 ints, 1sack, 14 pd
    2007- 89 tkls, 1 sack, 2 fr, 3 ints, 10 pd
    2008-75 tckls, 2 sacks, 1 int, 4 pd
    2009- 88 tckls, 2 fr, 4 int, 9 pd
    2010- 88 tckls, 1 sack, 1 ff, 1 fr, 3ints, 7 pd
    2011-78 tckls, 2 sacks, 3 ints, 11 pd

Than in his first year with us he only plays 4 games prior to only missing NONE in his career whole career!! Thinks about that for second??? And that's why he's getting paid 6 mill a year to play slot!!!! Put him in the slot all day on Wes this year!!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He didn't do anything before he had a back ache....Cut him now!
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you never heal from back injuries, one week he plays and the next week he's out.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    you never heal from back injuries, one week he plays and the next week he's out.
    I was just going to post the same thing. I had back surgery in my early 20's and one thing i was always told by doctors and can definitely vouch for is, once you have a back injury you ALWAYS have a back injury. It never fully heals and can flair up at any time.
    Quote Quote