Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: rotoworld: Richard Marshall back is healed. Could play in a game today

1. -31
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FLORIDA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We signed Marshall to play safety here last I recall and it wasn't until we traded Davis and couldn't find any replacements that Marshall was put into the CB position again.

In any case, he's a decent DB. Definitely not earth shattering but he is alright and depth wise is OK. Can't agree with what they are paying him but then again until we can find suitable replacements then I would be inclined to keep him around.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I remember hearing Chad Johnson, Hartline, and Bess mentioning which CB was the toughest to play against in TC and Preseason and they all would mention Richard Marshall because of his "physicality" as a CB. He gives them the most fits. Then, you see the team trade Vontae Davis in favor of starting Marshall at CB. I think Marshall's injury was what slowed him down those couple games he struggled. Marshall is good enough to start and is a good physical NB to have back. I also heard from Rosenhaus that after the Senior Bowl his feeling was that Marshall and Dimitri Patterson were in the Dolphins' plans for 2013. I don't think they suck as some are stating. This is why I don't expect the 12th pick to be a CB, but that they will wait for the 2nd round to pick one.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    TheMageGandalf, Mr. Ed thanks for the OG insight. I felt like I was alone at this.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I never paid any attention to Marshall before the Fins signed him, so he really may suck hind tit. His career stats are good for a CB, but DB stats can be misleading. All that said, he can't be judged by what he's done in a Fins uniform as he wasn't healthy all year. His back was bothering him in preseason. Bad enough he missed one or both of the last two games (I don't recall exactly, but is was his back that was the issue). He tried to make a go of it in the regular season, and it was obvious he wasn't effective on the field. Then they shut him down. That wasn't an injury that just cropped up 1/4 of the way into the season. It happened in camp. Nothing wrong with bringing him back and seeing how effective he is. I know if I was in the front office, I'd have a contingency plan in place before August though. As others have said, back injuries tend to linger.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    I remember hearing Chad Johnson, Hartline, and Bess mentioning which CB was the toughest to play against in TC and Preseason and they all would mention Richard Marshall because of his "physicality" as a CB. He gives them the most fits. Then, you see the team trade Vontae Davis in favor of starting Marshall at CB. I think Marshall's injury was what slowed him down those couple games he struggled. Marshall is good enough to start and is a good physical NB to have back. I also heard from Rosenhaus that after the Senior Bowl his feeling was that Marshall and Dimitri Patterson were in the Dolphins' plans for 2013. I don't think they suck as some are stating. This is why I don't expect the 12th pick to be a CB, but that they will wait for the 2nd round to pick one.
    Nah both guys are awesome thats why the browns cut Patterson one year into his deal and Az did so much to keep Marshall
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let Marshall go too unless you play him a S or nickel. If we draft a S high then le him go. Need to draft a CB and sign one in FA too.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IMO, upgrading the CB position THIS YEAR would not be my top priority. Our defense did give up a lot of passing yards and were poor in the turnover category, but they were pretty good in points allowed; especially against some of the top offensive teams. Miami lost too many games because of the offense's inability to sustain drives and score TDs. I'd use the majority of cap money and draft picks on offense this year; if we can't score points, then it doesn't matter how good (or bad) the defense plays. I'd let Smith walk, and probably see what Marshall can do when healthy. I'd also look for a decent experienced CB (who won't be too expensive) in FA, and if possible draft a CB.

I say fix the offense this year, and go relatively cheap on upgrading/maintaining the defense. Next year I'd concentrate on defense, and try to fill whatever holes we may have on offense. I doubt that we'll be a Super Bowl team in one off-season; there are just too many positions that need to be upgraded. With one more TD per game, this team might have made the playoffs. Let's get an offense that can take us to the playoffs this coming season. After that, then we can improve the defense to keep us from being knocked out in the first round. It may be possible to evenly split free agency signings and draftees between offense and defense to improve the team right away, but I don't feel that this management can do that. Their batting average for recognizing/signing playmakers is not very good, so maybe it's best that they concentrate on one side of the ball at a time.
    Quote Quote