Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Walmart Employee Hit With Felony for Snacking on Store Oreos

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Walmart Employee Hit With Felony for Snacking on Store Oreos

A Walmart employe in Indiana has been charged with felony theft after she was caught munching Oreos filched from the store’s shelves, police said.
    When confronted by cops with video of the alleged theft, Penny S. Winters, 63, admitted she ate the cookies and said she had been doing it for years.
    After a box of opened Oreo cookies were discovered at a Walmart in Portage, Ind., and an investigation was conducted, a longtime Walmart employee admitted she not only consumed Oreos she hadn’t paid for, but also took junk food from the company every week for four years. Penny S. Winters, 63, was also caught on video during her evening shift eating the popular sandwich cookies.
    In an incident report released to ABC News by police in Portage, Ind., officials state they responded to the Portage Walmart on Feb. 18 in reference to an internal theft investigation. Upon arrival, police spoke with a Walmart manager who said an empty food wrapper was located within the store on Feb. 12, coupled with surveillance video footage, indicated Winters was responsible.
    Winters admitted to stealing cookies and other items approximately once or twice a week during her seven month tenure at the Portage store, and at her previous position at a Walmart near her hometown in Tucson, Ariz. She said she regularly snacked on gum, chips, sandwiches and chocolates, according to the police report.
    Winters said she knew taking the items without paying was “wrong” and that it “would never happen again.” Walmart agreed and fired her

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...n-store-oreos/
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I once saw a woman curled up sleeping on the bottom shelf of the pillow isle of our local Wally World, we also has a local teacher busted for whacking off in the parking lot to the customers who entered the store ( I subsequently nicknamed him the Wal-Mart Whacker), so nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to Wal-Mart.

Which is why I avoid the place at all costs, it is worth paying 5 bucks more for something so I don't have to see a 300lb woman in spandex.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote