Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MrEd decodes the recent Ireland media conference...

1. -11
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright View Post
    The interpretation of what he's saying may be correct (or of course may not), but anyone who thinks Reggie Bush can play anywhere near as well as Davone Bess at any receiver position is sorely misguided IMO.
    Disagree. Reggie can do a lot more with the ball then Bess and it is not like he has never lined up as a WR. Davone Bess runs very good routes but he is slow and lacks an explosive playmaking ability.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Disagree. Reggie can do a lot more with the ball then Bess and it is not like he has never lined up as a WR. Davone Bess runs very good routes but he is slow and lacks an explosive playmaking ability.
    How about what they can do from the slot receiver position without the ball? That's how Davone Bess makes his living, and that's something with which Reggie Bush has comparatively very little experience from that position.

Davone Bess knows how to get open in the short to intermediate ranges, and he moves the chains an awful lot that way. He's a clutch receiver in that way. Who knows what Reggie Bush knows in that regard?

If you're trying desperately to improve the receivers on your team, I don't think you sit Davone Bess down or get rid of him just to find out what Reggie Bush can (or can't) do in a position he's never played full-time. Let's work on improvement, not experiments. Tannehill's development is hinging on it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    THE FUTURE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    I can remember several times where i was unhappy with bess going outside his limits by trying to create more after the catch. He left a few first downs out on the field this year. Not saying i would get rid of him but I kinda love the idea of bringing back bush to fill in as a slot guy.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Dolphins on 3!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NewHampshire
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    I'll decode it.

I'm going to make everyone think we're going to build through the draft, and that we're going to draft an olinemen in the 1st like always so that no one tries to leapfrog us with one of the teams that wants to trade down, and takes the player we really want.
    Now thats funny! Please lets hope it doesnt come true.. AGAIN!!
    Danny
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm warming up to Warmack. And a wr core of Wallace, Jennings, Bush, and Swope sounds scary good.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How about what they can do from the slot receiver position without the ball? That's how Davone Bess makes his living, and that's something with which Reggie Bush has comparatively very little experience from that position.

Davone Bess knows how to get open in the short to intermediate ranges, and he moves the chains an awful lot that way. He's a clutch receiver in that way. Who knows what Reggie Bush knows in that regard?

If you're trying desperately to improve the receivers on your team, I don't think you sit Davone Bess down or get rid of him just to find out what Reggie Bush can (or can't) do in a position he's never played full-time. Let's work on improvement, not experiments. Tannehill's development is hinging on it.
    Shouright, throw into the equation that along with Bush in the slot and as our 3rd down RB (the way the Saints used him), we'd have Jennings in thus scenario as well as the pass catching TEs to upgrade the slot. And if you throw in a Marquise Goodwin in the 3rd down for good measure, the position is much upgraded then a lead footed 10 yard pass catcher that will keep your RBs with a bunched up line of scrimmage.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dade County
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anything but an offensive lineman in the first, please.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It just seems that Long and Smith are "the" guys that the team will meet their demands. It just sounds and smells like what's cooking. It also sounds that, in fact, there are actually two guys that are definitely coming back as well either on a team discount or via the Franchise Tag. And those two players are Randy Starks and Reggie Bush. Yep. That's what seems to be coming out of what is being implied.

Those are first, the two "lowest" Tag numbers of the possible candidates receiving the Tag and then, this is how the numbers seem to indicate them...watch:

Let's start off with Reggie Bush. Ireland "needs" Reggie Bush on this team to have any hope of reaching the playoffs and getting an extension. Bush being used in the slot and as the 3rd down back who changes pace with Miller as Miller's backup RB is an upgrade over what Davone Bess (who Ben Volin is lending to the buzz that Bess is indeed being talked about as a candidate for the door) offers. Bush at $5mil for two or three years is $10-15mil deal with maybe $8mil guaranteed and a $4mil cap number in 2013. If not, he's tagged at $8mil and he now enters FA in 2014 a year older and/or agrees that the team has upgraded during the Tag season and agrees to the 3 year reduced deal. Bush will be here is my feeling.

Starks is the same deal. They do the Bush scenario with Bush if they come to a long term reduced deal with Starks. If not, they very likely get Bush to agree to a $5mil 2-3 year deal, dump Davone Bess (saving almost $3mil anyway to help) and you tag Starks at the $8mil and he realizes damn, I'm stuck and will hit FA a year older or damn, this team is improving, and come to an agreement during the Tag period to a long term fair/reduced deal...or stays with the tag and hits FA next season. Or Bush stays with the tag and hits FA next season.

I have this implication/numbers seem to be pointing to Long, Smith, Starks, and Bush are "definites" coming back in 2013. Long and Smith under long term deals and one of Starks or Bush under the tag and the other in a hometown friendly 2 or 3 year deal.

Fasano will come cheap and give me a sense that they indeed will pit Egnew and Clay in a competition for a slot/seam threat role at TE than a blocking role which Fasano will impressively fill. And if this happens.... and they don't see Hartline come down significantly on his contract demands.... then that wouldn't surprise me one bit that Mortenson's report can indeed hold water that Wallace being given whatever he asks for as soon as March 9th comes and then allow Jennings and Hartline to spend time in the market to give them a gauge on whether the contract numbers Jennings receives are not as high as some may think and then go ahead and pay a little more for Jennings in order to upgrade over Hartline and give Tannehill two Pro Bowl type "vets" to throw the ball to.

This also helps Stephen Ross redeem the lack of enthusiasm that led to low ticket sells in 2012 and generate a good Offense will be on display in 2013 with two dynamic WRs for a now seasoned and promising Tannehill to throw to, with then selecting Mike Mayock's Best Player in the Entire Draft at #12 in Chance Warmack to solidify the OL he will be throwing and the RBs will be running behind with Fasano in to help protect.

Egnew improves, Miami looks great, Ireland is safe. Fans are happy.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The interpretation of what he's saying may be correct (or of course may not), but anyone who thinks Reggie Bush can play anywhere near as well as Davone Bess at any receiver position is sorely misguided IMO.
    Agreed. I have no idea how people can say Reggie is an upgrade over Davone when Davone is absolutely a top 5 slot receiver in the league, and Reggie has never played the position consistently. Would Bush even want to play slot?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    Based on what I heard and read into and by listening to Ben Volin's confirming of an idea I threw out there earlier this week...

Randy Starks will be the candidate for the Franchise Tag. $8mil cap number and you keep the DL intact adding a pass rusher sometime in the first 2 rounds to compete with Vernon and (Odrick who will still keep the role of rotating between backup DT and DE).

I also read into the Bush revelations that Bush seems a candidate to replace Davone Bess in the slot (Bess could be shopped during the draft), he is in the last year of his contract, would save us about $3mil of cap space and Bush becomes more of a playmaker in the slot upgrading the slot, which Ireland mentioned during the Senior Bowl as something they were looking at...and also puts Lamar Miller as the starting RB with Bush sspelling him and becoming the 3rd down back. Thomas, and Thigpen become depth guys.

I read that Wallace is not only our #1 target, but now I'm thinking that we may instead of targeting a TE in FA, they may find Hartline's asking price a bit much and according to Mortenson may look to even try to reel Jennings in to a deal not to much different and give Tannehill "two" veteran star WRs to throw to.

Volin adds that Fasano looks to be brought back, Egnew will be used as a slot type of TE, and that it is more likely that it is "Clay" whose roster spot is the one that will be in danger if he doesn't super improve!

Long looks to be the guy Ireland will meet his demands on a long term deal, the same with Sean Smith. Marshall seems safe and finally. ....

Ireland lent to my previous hunch that Chamce Warmack may indeed be the target at #12.

He stressed not given an eff what previous history repeating itself on his record (implication by media guy was picking OL) and Ireland stated that you may have playmaker/impact player being one thing I think it can very well be OL. Did mention Safery too, so I wouldn't be surprised if Miami has Vaccaro on the radar should Warmack be gone or a FS in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Anyone read into this and come out with at least something in this vain?

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/ar...5-434f52923e23.
    I took the so-called reach pick to be Eifert. There is no way in hell that guy gets passed Atlanta. Philbin loves good TE's let alone ones who can block.
    Quote Quote