Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MrEd decodes the recent Ireland media conference...

1. -21
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    Agreed. I have no idea how people can say Reggie is an upgrade over Davone when Davone is absolutely a top 5 slot receiver in the league, and Reggie has never played the position consistently. Would Bush even want to play slot?
    well, I can think of a couple good reasons. One, ACL last year. two, he runs backwards. three, we draft Swope. four, reggie is versatile meaning you line him up in slot one week, next he runs the rock. He is best IMO when he is in motion. five, he got hurt the last three games. six, he still has value becuase he returns punts. seven, ok you get the point.

If people expect Ireland to upgrade the team then you have to be williing to let some leave who you love/like.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Not all that many, myself included were too thrilled with the Pouncey pick when it happened. However, I think at this point, anyone outside of the hardcore, hard-wired ContraryMarys around here, with the benefit of hindsight, would draft him again in a heartbeat as he has the potential to deliver Dwight Stephenson/Jim Langer quality level of service. Jake was epic also, that's until our resident Moron played him in the 4th exhibition game a few seasons back and he's never been the same. Considering the offensive FA options and draft depth this season at WR, I'd be perfectly fine grabbing Warmack at 12, if he's all he's cracked up to be in the Mike Pouncey tradition.
    No, I hated the Pouncey pick and I still hate it. I wanted Kaepernick and I'm still sore about it. No disrespect to Pouncey, he is good, but Kap is on his way to the HOF and many Super Bowl's.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright View Post
    The interpretation of what he's saying may be correct (or of course may not), but anyone who thinks Reggie Bush can play anywhere near as well as Davone Bess at any receiver position is sorely misguided IMO.
    I think you are over-valuing Bess' craft. Bess makes the first guy miss and has great hands and runs nice routes. But he lacks speed/explosiveness. He never really turned into a crutch for Tannehill to lean on and that says alot about bess' skill set. The slot is there to run the middle of the field and create miss matches against the lb's and Nickle corners. He doesn't scare you! Place Bush there and you have mismatch nightmare for teams scrambling around trying to find someone to cover him. Blow the top off with Wallace and let Jennings work intermediate to medium routes. And bush work his magic..
    "I'm bringing it to technology"
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by malzacher View Post
    I think you are over-valuing Bess' craft. Bess makes the first guy miss and has great hands and runs nice routes. But he lacks speed/explosiveness. He never really turned into a crutch for Tannehill to lean on and that says alot about bess' skill set. The slot is there to run the middle of the field and create miss matches against the lb's and Nickle corners. He doesn't scare you! Place Bush there and you have mismatch nightmare for teams scrambling around trying to find someone to cover him. Blow the top off with Wallace and let Jennings work intermediate to medium routes. And bush work his magic..
    When did Reggie Bush suddenly get so difficult to cover?

What makes a player difficult to cover from the slot position is the Wes Welker/Davone Bess brand of squirmy, short area speed and agility and highly nuanced route-running that Reggie Bush has only as a theoretical extrapolation from what he sometimes does when he has the ball in the open field.

Reggie Bush is an effective slot receiver in theory, whereas Davone Bess is one in reality.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One of those TE's mentioned above won't make the team or get traded because their are 3 studs in this draft that are down the seam type clay or egnew won't make it out of camp.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What is your reasoning behind that statement? teams need a center to snap the ball, kapernick and the HOF after one year of football? really!!!! go must date his sister. LOL
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright View Post
    How about what they can do from the slot receiver position without the ball? That's how Davone Bess makes his living, and that's something with which Reggie Bush has comparatively very little experience from that position.

Davone Bess knows how to get open in the short to intermediate ranges, and he moves the chains an awful lot that way. He's a clutch receiver in that way. Who knows what Reggie Bush knows in that regard?

If you're trying desperately to improve the receivers on your team, I don't think you sit Davone Bess down or get rid of him just to find out what Reggie Bush can (or can't) do in a position he's never played full-time. Let's work on improvement, not experiments. Tannehill's development is hinging on it.
    so now were arguing about what a guy does without the ball that makes him special. I get what you are trying to say but my god that's rediculous
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=shouright;1064589599]When did Reggie Bush suddenly get so difficult to cover?

What makes a player difficult to cover from the slot position is the Wes Welker/Davone Bess brand of squirmy, short area speed and agility and highly nuanced route-running that Reggie Bush has only as a theoretical extrapolation from what he sometimes does when he has the ball in the open field.

Reggie Bush is an effective slot receiver in theory, whereas Davone Bess is one in reality.[/QUOT
    It depends on how you look at the position. Do you want a guy who can make a quick catch and possibly the first guy miss then at times drop like a rock. Or would you rather have a guy who is able to make the catch,quickly make the first guy miss and then get up field in a hurry and produce YAC? Bess skill ate is completely different than welker. Play the same position but different styles of play. Bush is unknown in the sense of playing the position but I believe is fully capable of excelling in the slot and we'll be saying , "bess who"??
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Using my phone..it's had lag. We won't really know until we put bush out there n see
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott 1 View Post
    No, I hated the Pouncey pick and I still hate it. I wanted Kaepernick and I'm still sore about it. No disrespect to Pouncey, he is good, but Kap is on his way to the HOF and many Super Bowl's.
    Whoa slow down..

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote