Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: reggie bush at Wide Receiver?

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    but we should bring back hartline and keep bess?? many people had a 1st round grade on Reggie as a receiver and he caught more passes as a rookie (88) then Hartline or Bess have in one season. He also caught 2 TDs against Buffalo, matching Bess and Hartline's season totals. Get rid of Bess, and sign Jennings, Wallace, and Reggie and have the best trio of receivers in the league!! Bush is a pro bowl WR waiting to happen
    Do you have a link to these people who gave Reggie a 1st round grade as a receiver?

Reggie caught more passes as a rookie because he was Drew Brees check down receiver out of the backfield.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No....

Get some real receivers in here please...
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes!! I would do that in a heartbeat.

Sign him for #3 WR money and trade Bess to Oakland(where he is from) and draft Marquiess Goodwin to backup the oft injured Bush. Cap ramifications would be negligible.

BUT, the other guy was right, don't see Reggie going for it. He could go to the playoffs with Green Bay next year as a RB, or join Cinci or the Browns for big bucks.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    No....

Get some real receivers in here please...
    Like Hartline and Bess?? If you read my signature I am proposing we sign Mike Wallace and Greg Jennings AS WELL as REGGIE
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    Do you have a link to these people who gave Reggie a 1st round grade as a receiver?

Reggie caught more passes as a rookie because he was Drew Brees check down receiver out of the backfield.
    no link, but Charley Casserly, the former HOU GM who passed on him for Mario said he had a 1st round grade on him as a receiver but passed on him because he didn't want to pay 9M for a PART TIME running back
    here's the only scouting report I could find on him at all http://www.draftclass.com/prospects/index.php?id=180 which says " At 6'0, he could line up at receiver in the NFL and look at-home." and....... "Bush could easily line up at receiver and thrive at that position"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I want to see upgrades at WR too, but the way people are talking about Hartline and Bess? It's disgusting. Both players are have a lot to do with why we won any games the past two years. Both players are very dependable catching the ball and their work ethic sets the bar for younger players. I hate seeing talk like this.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsh8r View Post
    I want to see upgrades at WR too, but the way people are talking about Hartline and Bess? It's disgusting. Both players are have a lot to do with why we won any games the past two years. Both players are very dependable catching the ball and their work ethic sets the bar for younger players. I hate seeing talk like this.
    I hate seeing them put the ball in the endzone A COMBINED TWO TIMES out of 133 catches for the two of them
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bush is one of the most explosive players in the NFL... why not put him at slot receiver and let him do what he does best, which is have the ball in open space and make people miss!
    Quote Quote