Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best way to improve team

1. -11
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Move Reggie to WR?

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Move Reggie to WR?

why is that so funny? we have miller and thomas at runningback, reggie is best used with the ball in his hands in the open field... put him in the slot and let him be 3rd down back
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    why is that so funny? we have miller and thomas at runningback, reggie is best used with the ball in his hands in the open field... put him in the slot and let him be 3rd down back
    Name the last average RB who was moved to WR and worked out...
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    i just love the trio of wallace jennings bush at wr
    keep dreaming
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Name the last average RB who was moved to WR and worked out...
    Bush isn't an average back. What I mean by that is his skill-set is very different from most running backs. His hands and route running are far from average
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's an average back. Lots of skills, can do a lot of things, but he can't play WR.

You don't move veteran RBs to another position at this point in their career. Reggie isn't going for that even if he could play WR. Never heard of a RB being a great route runner either lol.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    don't be afraid to think outside the box
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not afraid of thinking outside the box.

But I am afraid of relying on silly gimmick offense...just like I never embraced that dumbass Wildcat that every said would "be the future of the NFL." I knew that garbage would be short lived as will this goofy pistol offense that's another passing fad.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vacaville, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I guess Im missing something. This is just my opinion, but as far as the offense is concerned, I just cant see blowing millions in cap space on a couple of WR's. If I was Ireland, which Im glad Im not, this is what I would do.

Jake Long - One word, bye. If he hadn't been injured the last 2 seasons, and maintained his initial level of play, I would have said you sign this guy no matter what. Too many times in the last 2 seasons have I seen him make too many average DE's look good. It sucks from a standpoint that we have alot invested in him to this point, but I cant see investing more seeing as he is kind of a risk now injury wise.

Reggie Bush - Im torn on him for 2 reasons. 1, the time that we have had him we have yet to use him to his strengths as a reciever, instead trying to turn him into something he is good at, but not consistent enough at to be his primary focus. He is truly underutilized in the passing game. On the the flip side, if we had a solid passing game......wow he could be a major asset. Unfortunately, I didnt get to see as much of Lamar Miller as I had hoped and I am in no way sold on Daniel Thomas. I think Reggie should be resigned.

Brian Hartline - Gives us that Welker type reciever, that we have all seen all too many times, unfortunately. I would love for him to stay, but certainly not at the money he is looking for. The 1000 yard and only one touchdown thing bothers me, personally he has potential to be a solid #2, but is most likely only a #3. We have that in Bess, who I like as well, and I think the addition of a solid #1 could do wonders for both. If the price is right, we need to keep him.

Randy Starks - A must sign, use the franchise tag if you have to, this guy needs to stay! I will get more into his role soon.

These are the only free agents of ours that I am concerned about, the rest in my opinion are easily replaceable via free agency or the draft. With that said, I will move on to the free agents I think will help this team and in my opinion is the best way to use this cap space that we are so blessed with this off season......
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Hartline and Bess; they both do a good job of moving the chains. However, they aren't very good at yards after the catch or scoring TDs. I think that Swope would be a good replacement for Bess, and he already has chemistry with Tannehill. That means that Bess would have to be traded, or released when his contract expires. I'd keep Hartline, but not at the price that he wants. I don't follow other NFL or college teams, so I have no opinions on WRs in FA or the draft.

As for Reggie, would his production improve with a better o-line? It seems like Fasano is needed mostly for blocking, due to the poor play of the o-line. Long has to go... he'll be too expensive for a team with a lot of holes to fill. I hope that Ireland and Philbin do their homework and are 100% certain that Martin is strong enough to start at LT (or RT) BEFORE the draft. Once the 2013 season starts, it will be too late if Martin is still getting pushed around and run over every other play. For insurance, I'd look for a decent OT in free agency. IMO, Pouncey is a guaranteed starter, Martin is a probable starter if he gets stronger, and the other spots are up for grabs. I'm not very optimistic about the o-line; they spent years on it and still couldn't put together a good one. Now, it's a new scheme and they have to find guys who fit.

As for Ireland, I don't envy his position at all. You know that he'll have to lose some fan favorites, but that's business. On the other hand, this team has been mired in mediocrity for so long that our "playmakers" aren't very good compared to the rest of the league (with the exception of Wake). To be honest, I wish that it were possible to replace 80% of the roster in one single off-season.
    Quote Quote