Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Tyler Eifert HAS to be our pick at #12

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

GM Why Tyler Eifert HAS to be our pick at #12

Our redzone offense has been awful. A young quarterback's best friend is not a running game, it is a security blanket at TE. The greatest thing about Eifert is that he is exactly that, a security blanket. At 6'5 1/2 and his long arms he has such a big catch radius to put the ball. He just said the one player he compares himself to Jimmy Graham and I definitely see the comparison. They are both OUTSTANDING at "Boxing out defenders and grabbing the rebound at the HIGHEST POINT" ohh wait.. they're not playing basketball anymore.......... But the way they can shield off defenders and high point the football is the reason why Jimmy is the best TE in the league and Eifert is the best TE in the draft. He is a GREAT REDZONE THREAT and will instantly improve our redzone offense.Although he is no Gronkowski when it comes to blocking, he has improved every year and half of blocking at TE is effort which he shows in the ruun game....He is a very crisp route runner, lining up at times as an X receiver and running dig routes... Very smooth in his breaks for being 6'5 +.. My one concern with him is his speed. He just said a high time for him Saturday will be a 4.5.. He looks more along the lines of a 4.7.. That is what made me skeptical about taking him at #12 but his ability to box out defenders and go get the football is what has swayed my opinion. With 2-3 receivers next year (hopefully Wallace, and Greg) and reggie bush expected to have a way bigger role in the pass game as a 3rd down back and possibly (and hopefully) as a slot and outside receiver.. With the emergence of Miller and Wallace and Greg on the outside, Eifert down the middle, and Reggie and Bess underneath we have the POTENTIAL
    to field a top 5 offense next year...Ireland make it happen!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cordarrelle Patterson at #12. Dude is going to be incredible.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    oh yeah, buoniconti agrees with me

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...-notre-dame-te
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin

I take Buoniconti's opinions and go the other way.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scotch Plains NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not happening!! There is no way they stay at 12 and draft someone who could potentially drop to the 2nd round. If he is there with our first pick in round 2 great but I don't see it happening so if we drop back and acquire some additional picks I'd be ok w/ it.

Many other positions of need to address I just don't think TE is the #1 position to fill regardless of what we do in FA.
    LETS GO FINS!!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Time is Now

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sheet, some have jets taking Patterson at 10
    24/7 365 day a year #1 Phinatic
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albany, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think there is ANYBODY that HAS to be our pick. There are quite a few options we could go with at 12. Patterson at WR? Eifert at TE? Warmack at OG? Millner at CB? Maybe one of the many DEs available? What we do in FA will have a big say in where we go in the draft, but right now, we have alot of options that will all help our team
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think most of us are 'all in' on drafting a TE ... but not at #12 ... not unless he is a 'special' player -- and don't see Eifert or Ertz as 'special'
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There a few options for big tight ends that make reaching for one at 12 a potentially bad idea, that is unless you believe Tyler is so much better than the others and that he will be an all-pro.

I am not convinced that much separates him from Zach Ertz, or even Gavin Escobar for that matter. There actually are a few other interesting tight ends out there as well.

I'm thinking unless one guy greatly separates himself, it would make more sense to grab one later. Doesn't seem like great value with the 12th pick.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Home of the ONE and ONLY PERFECT TEAM!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PERFECTVILLE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Tyler Eifert and have no problem with taking him at #12! He will be a quality TE in this league. He was the only bright spot in Notre Dame's debacle in the the National championship game. Also, he did it against the number one ranked corner in this draft in Dee Milliner. I think if we are going to catch the Patriots we have to get some more pass rushers so they don't double team Cam Wake all day!ALA GIANTS! The recipe of beating Brady is hit his fairy ass all day!!
    The Jarvis Landry ERA has begun!
    Quote Quote