Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Why Tyler Eifert HAS to be our pick at #12

1. -41
    phindoc

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Eifert will be a special player, there is no way he falls to 42. If you watch him on every play he does something positive, never takes a play off. He is just one of those guys that can make a difference. And he will be a pro bowl TE. Obviously we need WR's, and it would be difficult to take Eifert if Patterson is available at 12, but if we pick up a Wallace or Jennings in FA then go with Eifert and we are set on offense for years to come.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Physically Eifert is leading the top TE prospects but I still don't believe he is worth a low first round pick. This isnt Gronk.
    your right, he is not injury prone or a half-silly man albeit very talented.

Eifert is a first round pick. Its cemented. Green Bay will likely want a TE.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    Eifert actually had 24 reps but two were discredited I think he is a future All-Pro.. I mean there are certainly 3-5 guys who if they happened to be their would be shocking and definitely worthy of the choice, but the plan should be to take Eifert. No one will remember if Eifert was #12 pick of #25. what they will remember is how many Redzone Tds he scores.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Mike Mayock "Tyler Eifert has OWNED the day"
    Hey! thats my liine! I used it when we took Pouncey too.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiFinsJC View Post
    Lol because the guy is an inch shorter than his listed height he is being overhyped? Give me a freaking break!
    You tell me what makes him so special? Because I have not been convinced that this guy even knows the route tree. The media have been selling this guy with nothing to really back it up except "look at his tape" this guy is freakish. Well, I watched the tape and what I noticed is he is a kick returner slash reverse/end around guy and he did most of those vs. Troy, Marshall, and Vande and couple others.

I am not saying this kid couldnt eventually be somebody, but there is actually no tape that proves he can come right in and know this offense and do anything special in it from day one. There is no proof. Its all been talk. hype. media selling everything they dont even know about. They watch his moves in the open field and gawk. But thats not how it happens in the NFL. If he is a threat as a returner, they either kick away, deep, or short where they can nail him early, which is what the league did with Ted Ginn. Ginn was talked about in much the same way coming out. Patterson is bigger, and less likely to hit the ground, in fact, he may shake a couple of guys out of their shorts, but in the end to me, I didnt see much on tape that showed he was an everydown WR. And its a fact that he didnt show much vs. Alabama and other big teams in the SEC. He had a big end around play vs. GEorgia. Once again, an end around. That crap doesnt work in the pros. At least not on a weekly basis or a bi-weekly basis.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    your right, he is not injury prone or a half-silly man albeit very talented.

Eifert is a first round pick. Its cemented. Green Bay will likely want a TE.
    The Falcons will also probably be in the market for a talented TE to continue helping Matt Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rrrrphin View Post
    You get more value with Vance McDonald at 2b or 3a
    he has bricks for hands, if not for that I would say he was clear cut #2 TE in draft after Eifert
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    dolfin 4 life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I a
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    dolfin 4 life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree tyler should b r first pick. We should also sign fasano back, brian hartline, mike wallace, release reggie bush and find a bigger and mature veteran rb, 2nd round pick shold b cornerback, 2nd 2nd round pick should be wr, third round draft pick should b lb and qb, the other slots should b for o line and depth.
    Quote Quote