Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Miles Austin?

1. -31
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by damanref10 View Post
    Jerry Jones said today the team has no plans of cutting austin.
    Cutting and trading are night and day.

No reason whatsoever Miami shouldn't offer a 4th or even a 3rd for Miles Austin. I think Ck even mentioned he could then be cut for $0 guaranteed. Sign me up because when healthy he's one of the most explosive WRs in the game. IMO I'd rather have Austin anyday over Jennings.
    Last edited by houtz; 02-25-2013 at 12:10 PM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by damanref10 View Post
    Jerry Jones said today the team has no plans of cutting austin.
    I read that too, but that just tells me he's open to trading Austin.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Anchorage, AK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Didn't Jerry Jones say the same thing about T.O.?
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i don't think the boys will cut him...but this is what i was trying to get across in the trade for wr x thread earlier this week...no ones taking on austins remaining contract and offering good return compensation to the cowboys for miles austin...it's not a smart trade...with his cap # if he won't restructure you can wait for him to be cut if they want out of his money that bad...

not to mention quality wr draft class that will be much cheaper on rookie contracts...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Where is the reset button?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would take the guy but not overpay for him. Given his hamstring problems and miami's heat in in the first 3 months of the season the last thing we need is a guy that has hamstring problems making good chance but not really seeing the field or being able to give 100%. We have dealt with that for years at the wideout position in terms of never finding the right guy that can have a fully productive career here.

This needs to be the season miami FINALLY stops grabbing stop gaps and at straws at a minimum draft a top flight guy and don't look back. You will never find that guy if OL are the priority ever year in the first 2 rounds.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you can trade for Austin even with his huge contract and pick him up for a 4th or even a 5th, why wouldn't you? You're going to pay a WR the same amount in FA and Austin is younger and just as productive as Jennings. The same injury concerns applies for both of them.

I want a top flight prospect as much as anyone but this is a do or die situation for Ireland and possibly the entire staff. You can't rely on a prospect to come right in and make an immediate impact. Just my opinion.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    The Cowboys are over the cap and one of the reasons why they are looking to dump Austin now is to get under it before the start of the league year. Since trades can't happen until the start of the new league year the Dolphins can't offer anything beforehand. You would have to try and convince the cap strapped Cowboys to hold onto him until 4:00PM on March 12th and force them to cut other players to get under the cap.
    That won't be a hard convincing if they think they can get something for him in trade. They need to create between $6 and $7 million for draft picks anyway. They can easily have Austin occupy that space until he's traded. Then if worst comes to worst they have to cut him on the eve of training camp when they need to sign all their draft picks.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This seems like classic bait technique from Jerry Jones and the Cowboys.

You get teams thinking about Miles Austin by dangling him in the water via rumors of cutting him. That will naturally get teams thinking about where he might fit into their depth chart and salary structure. It will also get teams thinking about the possibility of trading for him in order to pre-empt his reaching the free market, locking in his very reasonable $19.1 million 3 year contract.

Then you pull the bait. You let everyone know you're not cutting him. If they want him, they'll have to trade for him.

It's all posturing.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Sounds about right.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've come to the conclusion that Austin and Wallace would be the most ideal duo we could attain this offseason. A Speedster and a YAC guy.
    Quote Quote