Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ireland quote..

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I had enough of Ireland last season. His picks as backwards. He should have taken wr in the early rounds and tackle,te,and rb in the later rounds. At this point I am just waiting on the firing. Hopefully we will get another player or two and he can keep what we have intact without creating more holes. I hope these picks are his so he cannot deflect the blame.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    What his eyes are telling him....

Junc, are you Jeff Ireland?

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny6813 View Post
    "If history repeats itself, I don't really care what the public perception is," general manager Jeff Ireland said. "I care about what my scouts say and what my eyes are telling me."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,3549142.story

Is this good or bad? Whatta ya all think?
    thats exactly my philosophy. This isnt politics where your trying to get elected. Your trying to keep your job.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    I had enough of Ireland last season. His picks as backwards. He should have taken wr in the early rounds and tackle,te,and rb in the later rounds. At this point I am just waiting on the firing. Hopefully we will get another player or two and he can keep what we have intact without creating more holes. I hope these picks are his so he cannot deflect the blame.
    not a tannehill fan huh? lol
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That means just one thing. He's drafting oline in the 1st round and is basically telling the fans to go **** themselves. There's a critical difference between arrogance and confidence. When someone's history includes 4 straight losing seasons and multiple failed visions, there should be some level of humility, self reflection, and an openness to getting better.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJetsBlow View Post
    If I was an NFL GM, I'd never care what fans thought. The vast majority of fans are incomprehensibly stupid.
    so they are basically just like Jeff Ireland
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Isn't the General Manager also responsible for ticket sales? He had damn well better care about what the fans think. GMs with empty stadiums don't last long.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    That means just one thing. He's drafting oline in the 1st round and is basically telling the fans to go **** themselves. There's a critical difference between arrogance and confidence. When someone's history includes 4 straight losing seasons and multiple failed visions, there should be some level of humility, self reflection, and an openness to getting better.
    If he drafts offensive line in the first round I guarantee there will be supporters here saying he made the right choice. Ridiculous.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Erie, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you read the quote as part of the article, Ireland is referring to the "public perception" (draft experts) who said Tannehill was a reach and Pouncey was a reach. Ireland is saying he cares more about what his eyes and what his scouts say about a player, not about what Mel Kiper or Todd McShay or Mike Mayock or Charley Casserly or anyone else in the media believes a player should be taken.

Ireland is not referring to the fans at all. Pouncey is one of the best young centers and Tannehill looks like he could be legit with some actual weapons around him.

I have no problem with what Ireland said, especially when you take into consideration the context in which he said it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When my eyes first glanced over this, I thought this said "Ireland quit."

I was expecting a parade, confetti and projectile corks.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the dolphins or ross should of fired him it is a wrong to let him screw us for another year he will mess up this drafe look at his track record he sucks
    Quote Quote