Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ireland quote..

1. -41
    Phantom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey Jeff, kick the dog, he is lying to you !!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    No evidence? So drafting Tannehill in the 1st & Martin in the 2nd, the exact opposite of Long in the 1st and Henne in the 2nd, isn't proof. It's statements like the one above which shows just how fans are willing to disregard the truth to further their agenda.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    I think the axiom that you go by in scouting is you like to see a quarterback with 30 starts under his belt before hes ready to play, and we kind of violated that, our principle, Ireland said.
    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...ll/#more-20034

Yeah, its the exact opposite...but he also stated it went against his professional principles. Which is more likely, that he will consistently go against his professional principles or he will go back to said principles for other positions? Its important to note that Ross was pressuring him(even bringing it up in public) to land a franchise quarterback.

Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 2
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FLORIDA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman54 View Post
    I don't believe ANYTHING that has or ever will come out of his mouth!!!
    Can't trust anything really coming from this team anymore. Heck, even outside of this team media wise. Last year at this time the media had us with Manning as starting QB.

If you don't want to feel to bad just consider anything they say as political talk and wait until after FA and the draft to see who is actually on the roster before you get too excited/disappointed.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Home of the ONE and ONLY PERFECT TEAM!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PERFECTVILLE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJetsBlow View Post
    If I was an NFL GM, I'd never care what fans thought. The vast majority of fans are incomprehensibly stupid.
    Especially this new fanbase!
    The Jarvis Landry ERA has begun!
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    He didn't have cap space because of his own FA blunders. He only has it now because those contracts have expired and he's letting his own draft picks walk yet again. Think about that for a minute. The guy has yet to re-sign a single draft pick that he has made since being here.
    That is true, but as of right now over 80% of the players drafted during his tenure as GM haven't had their rookie contracts expire yet. Those who will have their contracts expire on March 12th are currently in contract negotiations so the "none have been re-signed" argument won't stand in a couple of weeks. The under 20% that have had their rookie contracts expire were picks from the early days of the Parcells era. I know Ireland had the GM title and he didn't just collect a pay check during that time, but you are naive if you think Parcells wasn't calling the shots. Ireland is being judged from 2011 and on, and none of those picks have had their rookie contracts expire so it is hard to say he has never re-signed his own picks.

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jax.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Olinemen can be found in later rounds. Skill players must be taken early. I dunno, it's all a gamble. Thomas not worth a 2, Egnew not worth a 3, Bess worked out great. Educated gambling.

JI has to hit homeruns for his job and the fans sake.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJetsBlow View Post
    If I was an NFL GM, I'd never care what fans thought. The vast majority of fans are incomprehensibly stupid.
    What does that make the GM of a team with four straight losing seasons that still hasn't shored up an oline he has put every conceivable resource into?
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The issue I have with this whole discussion is the following: Ireland has been here for five years as our GM, a period of time that most objective observers would say is adequate for any good general manager to rebuild a roster and make it competitive with the best in the league. Now we are here in his sixth draft and sixth period of free agency and we still have nine or ten starting positions on the team that require upgrade before we can be considered to be realistically competitive for a trip to the Super Bowl. Think about that deeply for a moment. He has had five years to turn this ship around and almost half the starting lineup still requires upgrades to be competitive with the best of the league. In my opinion, if that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about Ireland's stewardship of our beloved Dolphins then nothing will.

So, does anyone have any plan that is more realistic than the odds of hitting the Powerball for how Ireland can update all nine to ten starting positions that need upgrades in one draft and free agent season? I want us to be Super Bowl competitive in 2013, not 2023.
    Last edited by z926538; 02-23-2013 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Additional thought.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    The above post has been posted so many times by many of the same "fans" the past couple of months. I am more concerned about what the team is going to do next month in free agency and in April in the draft. I am not ignoring the past I just think the one liners about how much some "fans" think they suck or that they need to "try learning how to run an NFL team" have been beaten into our heads quite a bit, wouldn't you agree? I am excited about the upcoming offseason, the national perspective is positive for the Dolphins upcoming offseason, there is no need to keep crying because Ireland was retained. This is a make or break year for him, if they succeed he is gets a contract extension. If he fails he won't be re-signed, it is just that simple.

Go Dolphins!
    Not really because Ross could easily retain him just as he did before. Its not like contract are honored
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I'm more nervous about this offseason. I've seen no evidence that he's learned from his past mistakes, so I can't really be optimistic that he has. I hope he proves me wrong, but expecting him to based on absolutely nothing would be setting myself up for disappointment.
    Well then you're not a fan, you're a "fan". Real fans go on blind faith and everything is pixies and fairy dust for us.
    Quote Quote