Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 70

Thread: Ireland quote..

  1. -31
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    35,170
    vCash:
    129542
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Four straight losing seasons and the worst stretch in team history will cause that. If they want that to change, they should try learning how to run an NFL team.
    The above post has been posted so many times by many of the same "fans" the past couple of months. I am more concerned about what the team is going to do next month in free agency and in April in the draft. I am not ignoring the past I just think the one liners about how much some "fans" think they suck or that they need to "try learning how to run an NFL team" have been beaten into our heads quite a bit, wouldn't you agree? I am excited about the upcoming offseason, the national perspective is positive for the Dolphins upcoming offseason, there is no need to keep crying because Ireland was retained. This is a make or break year for him, if they succeed he is gets a contract extension. If he fails he won't be re-signed, it is just that simple.

    Go Dolphins!

    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    298
    vCash:
    770
    Loc:
    Bradenton, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Ireland quote..

    Quote Originally Posted by Playmaker76 View Post
    I am ok with picking O-line in the first round but ONLY if we have already addressed the WR position through free agency by signing either Wallace, Jennings, or Bowe.
    Agreed if we fix the wr position in FA resign fasano and Clemons and Long walks I think it's highly possible we go tackle at 12 might be the best value at a position on need for us. We can't go out and spend big to surround our young qb with weapons then offer him no protection. If Long walks we have a major need for oline
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,620
    vCash:
    12345
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    The above post has been posted so many times by many of the same "fans" the past couple of months. I am more concerned about what the team is going to do next month in free agency and in April in the draft. I am not ignoring the past I just think the one liners about how much some "fans" think they suck or that they need to "try learning how to run an NFL team" have been beaten into our heads quite a bit, wouldn't you agree? I am excited about the upcoming offseason, the national perspective is positive for the Dolphins upcoming offseason, there is no need to keep crying because Ireland was retained. This is a make or break year for him, if they succeed he is gets a contract extension. If he fails he won't be re-signed, it is just that simple.

    Go Dolphins!
    I'm more nervous about this offseason. I've seen no evidence that he's learned from his past mistakes, so I can't really be optimistic that he has. I hope he proves me wrong, but expecting him to based on absolutely nothing would be setting myself up for disappointment.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,620
    vCash:
    12345
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance29 View Post
    Agreed if we fix the wr position in FA resign fasano and Clemons and Long walks I think it's highly possible we go tackle at 12 might be the best value at a position on need for us. We can't go out and spend big to surround our young qb with weapons then offer him no protection. If Long walks we have a major need for oline
    OL or DT should not be considerations at all in the first round. It would make more sense to double down on pass rushers or fill the holes that we created for no apparent reason at WR or CB. Throwing another high pick at the OL would be stagnation.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    35,170
    vCash:
    129542
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I'm more nervous about this offseason. I've seen no evidence that he's learned from his past mistakes, so I can't really be optimistic that he has. I hope he proves me wrong, but expecting him to based on absolutely nothing would be setting myself up for disappointment.
    Ireland alone has never had this much cap space to work with and the team really hasn't been active in free agency the past couple of years because they were close to the cap. Signing stop gap free agents to one year deals doesn't count as being active in free agency. The Dolphins signed one free agent last year to a multi year deal and he ended up in the starting lineup in week one. I am not going to compare past free agents signings like Hicks and Guyton to what is likely going to happen this offseason. Ireland's draft last year looks very good on paper at this point and the early returns were successful(of course some fans will immediately point to Egnew while ignoring the rest of the draft).

    This is going to be a very exciting offseason for the Dolphins, I can't wait. Go Dolphins!
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    aquaman54's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    1,099
    vCash:
    2440
    Loc:
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When I think of Ireland,I always think of my favorite quote from The Outlaw Josey Wales........."Don't Piss Down My Back,And Tell Me It's 'Rainin"!!! I don't believe ANYTHING that has or ever will come out of his mouth!!!
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    8,037
    vCash:
    2506
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    Essentially, he's saying if I'm going to be fired I rather it be done following my own convictions as oppose to someone else's. I personally have no problem with that as long as he's willing to listen to others and take their suggestions, assuming they are valid into consideration also.
    Bill Parcells.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    mnphinfan's Avatar
    Lifelong Fin Fan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    2,354
    vCash:
    1987
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: Ireland quote..

    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I'm more nervous about this offseason. I've seen no evidence that he's learned from his past mistakes, so I can't really be optimistic that he has. I hope he proves me wrong, but expecting him to based on absolutely nothing would be setting myself up for disappointment.
    No evidence? So drafting Tannehill in the 1st & Martin in the 2nd, the exact opposite of Long in the 1st and Henne in the 2nd, isn't proof. It's statements like the one above which shows just how fans are willing to disregard the truth to further their agenda.


    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,620
    vCash:
    12345
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    No evidence? So drafting Tannehill in the 1st & Martin in the 2nd, the exact opposite of Long in the 1st and Henne in the 2nd, isn't proof. It's statements like the one above which shows just how fans are willing to disregard the truth to further their agenda.


    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    So throwing another high pick (yes, an second rounder is a high pick) at an OL that continues to suck after investing a bunch of high picks and stupid amounts of FA money into it is evidence of change? Tannehill was a great pick, but he's hardly evidence of a change in philosophy or even a divergence from the Parcells philosophy as QB is a position that Parcells has never had a problem spending high picks on before.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,620
    vCash:
    12345
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Ireland alone has never had this much cap space to work with and the team really hasn't been active in free agency the past couple of years because they were close to the cap. Signing stop gap free agents to one year deals doesn't count as being active in free agency. The Dolphins signed one free agent last year to a multi year deal and he ended up in the starting lineup in week one. I am not going to compare past free agents signings like Hicks and Guyton to what is likely going to happen this offseason. Ireland's draft last year looks very good on paper at this point and the early returns were successful(of course some fans will immediately point to Egnew while ignoring the rest of the draft).

    This is going to be a very exciting offseason for the Dolphins, I can't wait. Go Dolphins!
    He didn't have cap space because of his own FA blunders. He only has it now because those contracts have expired and he's letting his own draft picks walk yet again. Think about that for a minute. The guy has yet to re-sign a single draft pick that he has made since being here.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 11:41 PM
  2. Replies: 252
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 09:48 AM
  3. MERGED 7X:Ireland live press conference/Ireland Tips Hand?
    By Madman29 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 10:29 AM
  4. Quote for the day
    By nyital571 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 03:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •