Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Ireland quote..

1. -51
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Ireland alone has never had this much cap space to work with and the team really hasn't been active in free agency the past couple of years because they were close to the cap. Signing stop gap free agents to one year deals doesn't count as being active in free agency. The Dolphins signed one free agent last year to a multi year deal and he ended up in the starting lineup in week one. I am not going to compare past free agents signings like Hicks and Guyton to what is likely going to happen this offseason. Ireland's draft last year looks very good on paper at this point and the early returns were successful(of course some fans will immediately point to Egnew while ignoring the rest of the draft).

This is going to be a very exciting offseason for the Dolphins, I can't wait. Go Dolphins!
    You should have a look to see how many "stop gap" free agents the two superbowl teams had on their roster, I believe it was close to 30. This idea you have that 1 year "stop gap" contracts shouldn't count towards a GM's record is ludicrous.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    No problem with what he says at all. If its my a$$ on the line I'm going to do what I feel is best for the team. I'm sure most if not all of you would do the same thing if it was your a$$.
    Last edited by LandShark13; 02-24-2013 at 01:06 AM.

Follow me @LandShark_13
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    He didn't have cap space because of his own FA blunders. He only has it now because those contracts have expired and he's letting his own draft picks walk yet again. Think about that for a minute. The guy has yet to re-sign a single draft pick that he has made since being here.
    Hmm well this is the first class that needs to be resigned, and tbh nobody's been worth resigning.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Hmm well this is the first class that needs to be resigned, and tbh nobody's been worth resigning.
    Which is another problem. If Long, Hartline, and Clemmons walk, 2008 and 2009 are all off the team.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Devin Townsend Project: Kingdom (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZjziohaPc
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Which is another problem. If Long, Hartline, and Clemmons walk, 2008 and 2009 are all off the team.
    I wouldn't expect all of them to walk. Clemons will likely be back and Hartline is probably more than 50% likely to be back.

Fun fact: The Patriots had 28 draft picks between 2007 and 2009 and only one was re-signed.

Quote Quote  

6. -56
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't expect all of them to walk. Clemons will likely be back and Hartline is probably more than 50% likely to be back.

Fun fact: The Patriots had 28 draft picks between 2007 and 2009 and only one was re-signed.
    Another Fun fact: Patriots havent won a Superbowl since they beat the Eagles.

When Donovan McNabb was quarterback. Before they got caught spying on other teams. Before Matt Cassel was drafted. The last time they won the Superbowl, Miami had Dave Wannstedt as a coach.

Even through all of that, the Patriots have still had more success than Miami. Im not sure if your advocating us failing like them or using their failures as a measuring stone, but i would perfer us doing better than the Patriots. After all, two wrongs dont make a right.

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Thus is the problem.

We need to draft better.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Well, when we start winning the AFC every year instead of having four straight losing seasons we can start doing things like the Patriots.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Clemmons will be back but he really shouldn't. We could easily upgrade there.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny6813 View Post
    "If history repeats itself, I don't really care what the public perception is," general manager Jeff Ireland said. "I care about what my scouts say and what my eyes are telling me."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,3549142.story

Is this good or bad? Whatta ya all think?
    I believe that means Chance Warmack. So, good.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    dolfin 4 life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

shone green from jets anyone?

I think he has a lot of gas in the tank left and he would provide veteran leadership to lammar miller and daniel thomas and he would b able to stickit to the jets twice a year.I
    Quote Quote