Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why has Robert Woods fallen off the radar?

1. -1
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Why has Robert Woods fallen off the radar?

There is always a lot of talk of receivers on this forum, Hopkins, Allen, Bailey, Patterson (my favourite) etc are always discussed but I hardly ever hear a peep (well I know hoops rates him) about Robert Woods around here even when we are specially discussing receiver prospects. I think Woods is great, if we could get him with our first second rounder I would be delighted, though I doubt he will still be on the board.

He is a very smart footballer who i believe could flourish in our west coast offense. An offense of Jennings, Hartline, Woods, Bess would make me drool!

I know some on here don't like him because of his college... I don't support any college team so I don't give a dam about that. Why in your opinion is he under the radar? This time last year his stock was high!
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Combination of things.

1. His teammate Marquise Lee was the better player this year
    2. USC struggles this year bring up questions on him
    3. Since his ankle surgery he hasn't looked as fast or shifty
    4. Other WRs had huge years

Woods would be a great get in round 2.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think any player that's expected to be better than they actually were, just ends up be written off by a lot ofmpeople for some reason. I don't really get it, but thats how it goes.

It's like manti te'o against Alabama. People who are respected as football analyst immediate wrote him off, that was mind boggling.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't see Robert Woods being written off. He's a known quantity and he's settled in at about a 2nd round value.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think he's a steal in the 2nd, he would also fit into our system nicely. Philbin should be in Ireland's ear to get this guy in the 2nd, we'd seriously have one of the best wide receiver stables in the NFL if we get him to go with Mike Wallace.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know this, when syracuse played USC and gave them a battle and bottled up their offense nicely, they turned to Woods and Lee on end arounds and screens. They killed Syracuse in the reverse and quickness game.

People like to lock onto people and just forget about others. like myself. Woods might be one of those guys that slips into the 3rd round. I would think Ireland would jump all over that since he follows his board of 150, unless of course Woods ends up not on that board. Dont see why he wouldnt though.

The thing about USC that scares me is alot of players, particularly WR's, dont seem to transfer well to the pros based on their draft status.

examples:
    Palmer
    Leinert
    Keyshawn Johnson
    Reggie Bush
    Mike Williams WR

OL/DL/LB do fairly well though, go figure
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know if it's still true but some were saying he was a product of the system....? Like Ryan Broyles. And the fact that Marqise Lee had a MONSTER year. I personally think he'd be a steal in the 2nd if we don't go after Bailey or maybe we should wait for Lee in 2014....?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Most of USC receiver problems were that they relied on big slow receivers. Pat Turner and Dwayn Jarret both were very big strong receivers that out muscled the PAC 10 corrners. They were slow and couldnt beat the jam with quickness, which in the PAC 10 they could do on sheer strength but in the NFL you have to explode and those receivers lacked explosion. USC while Carrol was the coach knew they needed big receivers and thats the type of guys that dominated college. Robert Woods does not fit that criteria. He is explosive and a great route runner. He appears to be a football player with intelligence and will be a steal for any team that takes him in the 2nd round!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Heres a question, if Woods and Stedman Bailey are there when we pick in the second, who do you pick? I have a feeling when its all said and done, Bailey wont make it to the 3rd round.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's fallen into the mix of (late 1st-) 2nd-round receivers--there's a whole bunch, like 10-12 of them.
    Quote Quote