Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: POSITIVE thread on Michael Egnew

1. -81
    Playoffs Please!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A positive thread about Egnew would be, "We just got a #3 pick back trading Egnew"
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you're ripping Egnew as a blocker and wanting Ertz at pick 42 you need some serious help. Ertz is a terrible blocker and has similiar attributes to Egnew.

I was bothered that he couldnt see the field with the lack of athletic talent at TE that we currently possess, but as 3rd round pick he deserves time to develop. The job of this coaching staff is to develop guys who need a few years to become something. He actually made a few plays last pre-season to include a 31 yard catch down the seam, so I do not get how he doesnt have the ability to do it. This staff held many players back this past year, let the kid develop and try to remember he IS a Miami Dolphin. Not every draft pick comes in day one as a stud, some need that development and grooming, maybe he gets it and maybe he doesnt, cutting him in year 2 of a rookie 3rd round contract makes no sense, IMO.
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Not jaded just speaking my opinion of Egnew as a college player and pro prospect. he caught alot of passes as a junior but had a low average never has been a good blocker.
    You dont think there were better te prospects than egnew

i do but complaining is like crying over spilt milk no?
    Follow me on Twitter.. @DSEmpire_BA

For My work http://dynastysportsempire.com/author/brent-antonio/
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinSoldia View Post
    i do but complaining is like crying over spilt milk no?
    Not crying just calling it like I see it. Im tired of waiting until next year
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Hokies class of 2016

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ford LogoDolphins HomerTannehill 17Snakes!Xbox Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TruePoizon View Post
    matt roth did the whole human cokfighting...excuse me...mma thing, and it didnt seem to help him as a player much.
    what the **** did that have to do with anything?
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shippensburg
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if you can name 10 positives you can automatically takeover as GM becasue anybody with a pulse knows he a waste of a roster spot and pure piece of ****
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Not crying just calling it like I see it. Im tired of waiting until next year

as we are all sir
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is 4.65 a great 40 time for a guy who's not a great blocker and is definitely the 'receiving' TE of the 3 that you'd have on your roster? (maybe it is, I'm just asking). I watched the youtube and I saw a guy who didn't break tackles but did seem to make some great catches in traffic. If hands are going to be his asset then he better start displaying that real soon. He was catching passes from an NFL QB so being able to handle zip on the ball doesn't seem to be a problem (which I do think affects some receivers in transitioning to the NFL game).

To some degree, maybe Miami should just let him do what he's good at. Line up wide and be a monster slot receiver that a LB or nickelback has to cover and exploit the mismatches. I know you want to be able to create deception about whether he's gonna block or run a pattern, but we all know there's plenty of obvious pass downs in NFL games, so who are you fooling?

The dumbest thing we could do is draft a TE to do what Egnew is probably really good at. His measurables are wonderful and he seems to have a fair amount of speed and lateral movement. Not every player has to do everything well. Put him in sets where he can maximize his current skill set, let him get come confidence, and see what happens. Stop trying to force a square peg into a round hole. Resign Fasano for cheap and then there's your 'hand in the dirt' guy.

The worrisome thing is the rumor that Egnew didn't compete hard in practice and failed to man up, creating the perception that he's soft and that his teamates don't respect him. If that continues in mini-camp then he's gotta be replaced. If he can grow a pair and start commanding some respect, then I think we do indeed have our seam threat TE.
    Quote Quote