Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Swope > Hartline, Bess

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Swope > Hartline, Bess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agsMmAL_nn8

4.33 unofficial 40, way better chemistry with Tannehill. MUST DRAFT SWOPE this year. NO EXCUSES.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Swope, and he's growing on me. Not sure where we would draft him, especially since he's impressing at the Combine and inevitably moving up draftboards across the league.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Just trust me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll take him. Def better than anyone we have at getting yards after catch except for maybe Bush....if we used him correctly
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let's say we draft Swope at #54, sign Mike Wallace, and with Ireland naming Miller and "Rishard Matthews" as the two whose play should rise significantly in 2013, and then Bess in the slot, since Hartline looks like he's on his way out the door along with Sean Smith.... maybe Tannehill can have both his college WRs to throw to if Jeff Fuller beats out Armon Binn for that final WR spot...

WR: Rishard Matthews, Ryan Swope, Jeff Fuller
    WR: Mike Wallace, Davone Bess

Possible?

But I'd rather cut Davone Bess and re-sign Brian Hartline for the amount we're paying Bess this year which is $4.5mil or so...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    Let's say we draft Swope at #54, sign Mike Wallace, and with Ireland naming Miller and "Rishard Matthews" as the two whose play should rise significantly in 2013, and then Bess in the slot, since Hartline looks like he's on his way out the door along with Sean Smith.... maybe Tannehill can have both his college WRs to throw to if Jeff Fuller beats out Armon Binn for that final WR spot...

Possible?

But I'd rather cut Davone Bess and re-sign Brian Hartline for the amount we're paying Bess this year which is $4.5mil or so...
    In my mock on the main forum I have us taking Swope #54.. I'd take him at #42 if we HAVE too. WE gotta get this guy on our team!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks

Possible?

Bess' base salary is $2.63 million. If you include his signing bonus ($750,000) and roster bonus ($50,000) it goes up to to just over $3.4 million.

Before cutting or trying to trade Bess, why don't we see if Swope or anyone else can actually beat him out for the role.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Possible?

I was with you until you said you'd rather have Hartline than Bess. Bess is considered one of the top slot receivers in the league. Hartline is...not even one of the top receivers on a team that does not have receivers.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    bess and swope are the comparable wrs...not hartline...swopes a slot...like bess...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah i wasnt on board with the swope thing but after seeing him today run and catch i really think we could pick him up as long as its not a huge reach.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    37 inch vert, 4.33 unofficial, great blocker, Tannehill's #1 receiver..... I think he is a LOCK to be picked by us.
    Quote Quote