Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Swope > Hartline, Bess

1. -11
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    what today did with swope who doesn't play as ast as he timed but does play 4.5 fast is at that timed speed and that plus size for the slot at 6 ft and over 200 lbs make the odds on that kid getting to round 4 pretty much zilch...there's no way that kid should be on the board still in round 4...no damn way

unless medical is such a red flag with prior concussions...on the field though and with how he tested 4th round at that size is rediculous
    Which is why I'd trade/cut Davone Bess (use his savings) to sign Hartline and draft Swope at pick #42 to replace/upgrade over Bess in the slot. I'd of course, sign Mike Wallace to start opposite Hartline and you have Swope in the slot with Matthews and say a Marquise Goodwin another super speedster at pick #82 to backup Wallace and give him a breather or two during games or sub Thigpen in PRs, since Bess will be gone and Thigpen is our KR.
    Last edited by MrEd; 02-25-2013 at 01:26 AM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i see these trade bess threads...i hope people realize a slow slot that doesn't offer much td production isn't gonna net even a top 3 round pick...cutting bess is tough...if i had a thought like that about going with swope going forward which frankly i like and has better speed for the boundary when he is lined up there which will help his stock some what the smart play for miami would be to draft swope on the sneak attack as no one will expect it with bess in house and then wait til camp with bess and swope and see what bess value is during camp...at best i say it's a 4th round pick more likely a 5th rounder...his contract may get some interest though as he's cheap...

don't just cut bess though right now...he's a starting slot in this league...no guarantee swope gets to you either
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would not use first 2 rounds on Swope. I would wait till third or forth round. Other WRs still better in first 2 rounds. He dropped some easy balls and lets ball get too close into his body today. He is good but a slot WR that should drafter later.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    Let's say we draft Swope at #54, sign Mike Wallace, and with Ireland naming Miller and "Rishard Matthews" as the two whose play should rise significantly in 2013, and then Bess in the slot, since Hartline looks like he's on his way out the door along with Sean Smith.... maybe Tannehill can have both his college WRs to throw to if Jeff Fuller beats out Armon Binn for that final WR spot...

WR: Rishard Matthews, Ryan Swope, Jeff Fuller
    WR: Mike Wallace, Davone Bess

Possible?

But I'd rather cut Davone Bess and re-sign Brian Hartline for the amount we're paying Bess this year which is $4.5mil or so...
    Bess' base salary is $2.63 million. If you include his signing bonus ($750,000) and roster bonus ($50,000) it goes up to to just over $3.4 million.

Before cutting or trying to trade Bess, why don't we see if Swope or anyone else can actually beat him out for the role.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i totally believe miami wants to get more explosive and big play ability in the slot...and i bet money that sherman is fully endorsing ryan swope...and i bet tannehill is singing his praises also...

bess at $3.4 mil is not a great contract...it's not awful but it's one that i could see miami wanting to work with...still does miami possibly lose it's top 2 consistent wrs in bess and hartline in one offseason...seems unlikely...but then again neither of these guys offer much red zone or big play ability...and we know the staffs not happy with the wr position...could purge everyone but mathews and probably retain marlon moore as a 5th wr for specials and start over...don't rule it out
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Looavul
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Swope > (Hartline + Bess)

fixed that for you

Neither can score TDs. Swope will score TDs. If we let Hartline walk and trade Bess for 4th or 5th, we can load up on playmakers that might actually get themselves into the end zone at a collective clip of at least 1 time per game, not 1 time per year.

this might be the greatest ever combination of A-list WR FA's (wallace, bowe, jennings, welker, amendola etc), trade possibilities (Austin, Harvin) and a DEEP WR class filled with lots of great looking next level talent. ever. this is the perfect scenario for our team in its current state, i really hope Ireland doesnt botch it.

I and countless others on here and hopefully the Dolphins front office have been eyeing Swope for a long time, and he kinda screwed us today with his insane combine. but at least it reinforces that he should be a target. he could potentially be a huge upgrade over Bess, and can actually line up on the edge sometimes without disappearing.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i totally believe miami wants to get more explosive and big play ability in the slot...and i bet money that sherman is fully endorsing ryan swope...and i bet tannehill is singing his praises also...

bess at $3.4 mil is not a great contract...it's not awful but it's one that i could see miami wanting to work with...still does miami possibly lose it's top 2 consistent wrs in bess and hartline in one offseason...seems unlikely...but then again neither of these guys offer much red zone or big play ability...and we know the staffs not happy with the wr position...could purge everyone but mathews and probably retain marlon moore as a 5th wr for specials and start over...don't rule it out
    I agree and would have no problem with the team getting more explosive and big play ability out of the slot position. The question I have...is Swope that player? I know he ran like a rabbit at the Combine, but on tape he doesn't appear to be that fast. I saw Swope struggle against Florida in the second half and that is why I pose that question.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    D. Hopkins>Swope
    S. Bailey>Swope
    J Hunter>Swope
    R. Woods>Swope
    Q. Patton>Swope

The 5 of these guys will probably be available in the 2nd round and I'd much rather have them. If we could get Swope in the 3rd, thats cool though.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    I agree and would have no problem with the team getting more explosive and big play ability out of the slot position. The question I have...is Swope that player? I know he ran like a rabbit at the Combine, but on tape he doesn't appear to be that fast. I saw Swope struggle against Florida in the second half and that is why I pose that question.
    To me have that 42nd pick open for the possibility if Tavon Austin drops into the 2nd, but I'm thinking Swope because I fully expect Hopkins and Austin togo early in the 2nd before reaching us since Patterson should go top 10, if not 6. With Keenan Allen going somewhere in the mid to late 1st round. Austin will very likely be taken by one of them playoff teams at the bottom of the 1st like maybe New England. So then Hopkins should be picked by one of those high second round pick teams and then Swope, Wheaton, and a few others who disappointed some to pick from. Swope seems like a good choice there in the 2nd round for us. Especially with the Sherman/Tannehill connection there.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    To me have that 42nd pick open for the possibility if Tavon Austin drops into the 2nd, but I'm thinking Swope because I fully expect Hopkins and Austin togo early in the 2nd before reaching us since Patterson should go top 10, if not 6. With Keenan Allen going somewhere in the mid to late 1st round. Austin will very likely be taken by one of them playoff teams at the bottom of the 1st like maybe New England. So then Hopkins should be picked by one of those high second round pick teams and then Swope, Wheaton, and a few others who disappointed some to pick from. Swope seems like a good choice there in the 2nd round for us. Especially with the Sherman/Tannehill connection there.
    + 1
    Quote Quote