Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Swope > Hartline, Bess

1. -21
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    D. Hopkins>Swope
    S. Bailey>Swope
    J Hunter>Swope
    R. Woods>Swope
    Q. Patton>Swope

The 5 of these guys will probably be available in the 2nd round and I'd much rather have them. If we could get Swope in the 3rd, thats cool though.
    Hopkins should already be gone. Hunter may be better and maybe Wheaton. But the rest maybe Da'Rick Rogers, but you can keep Patton and Woods and Bailey. I don't see them provide so much to be considered greater. And if so, they'll go before we pick likely.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    To me have that 42nd pick open for the possibility if Tavon Austin drops into the 2nd, but I'm thinking Swope because I fully expect Hopkins and Austin togo early in the 2nd before reaching us since Patterson should go top 10, if not 6. With Keenan Allen going somewhere in the mid to late 1st round. Austin will very likely be taken by one of them playoff teams at the bottom of the 1st like maybe New England. So then Hopkins should be picked by one of those high second round pick teams and then Swope, Wheaton, and a few others who disappointed some to pick from. Swope seems like a good choice there in the 2nd round for us. Especially with the Sherman/Tannehill connection there.
    I get that and would have absolutely no problem with the selection. The question is, can Swope provide that explosiveness and big play ability out of the slot position? I know Swope ran fast at the Combine but when you watch him on tape, he doesn't appear that fast. I also know he's smart and can find the open areas in a zone but when I saw him against man coverage in the Florida game, he didn't do so well.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    I get that and would have absolutely no problem with the selection. The question is, can Swope provide that explosiveness and big play ability out of the slot position? I know Swope ran fast at the Combine but when you watch him on tape, he doesn't appear that fast. I also know he's smart and can find the open areas in a zone but when I saw him against man coverage in the Florida game, he didn't do so well.
    much more explosiveness and big play ability then you ever saw from Hartline or Bess.... very UNDERATED YAC toooo

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

Florida has some DAMN GOOD corners also... they are underclassmen but I heard they are moving Pourifoy to WR?
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tavon Austin is starting to grow on me. He is getting good reviews on the routes he ran at the combine. Guy reeks of explosive big play ability. I have a feeling we would regret not drafting him. Swope is a nice receiver but the concussions are a concern.

Bess is not going to get anything more then a 5-7. To slow and no big play ability. Last year of his contract. I think if Miami signs and drafts 3 WRs, Bess is in danger of getting cut. Great story, not much else.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Swope > Hartline, Bess

I really wish people would stop comparing him to Hartline. He is a slot reciever. Dont get carried away after 5 seconds on tv at the combine, its not fair on Swope or anyone else
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bess is a slot receiver. He's not a #2 guy, hes a Wes Welker type of guy...as are most short receivers. I think Bess wasnt utilized properly this past year. Put him back in the slot and he should do just fine. same with Hartline, he was our #1 guy goingup against #1 DBs. Put Hartline as a #2, and he may do better
    Every Republican's worst nightmare: http://truepoizonblogs.blogspot.com/...lican-who.html
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    I agree and would have no problem with the team getting more explosive and big play ability out of the slot position. The question I have...is Swope that player? I know he ran like a rabbit at the Combine, but on tape he doesn't appear to be that fast. I saw Swope struggle against Florida in the second half and that is why I pose that question.
    well i'll put it you this way...swope plays a full 2 tenths faster on tape than bess...he plays more a 4.5 game and has the ability to get down the seam against man coverage...he's also 6 ft and 200 lbs what's bess...5 ft 9...we're talking about a plug and play west coast slot wr that fits this o to a t with better than average slot size and very good speed...if he checks out medically with the concussions i don't see where this is a bad idea by any means...swope is smart like bess separates in short areas like bess and when he crosses a dbs face understands option routes and db leverage recognzies zone and soft spots within it...

now if you're asking me is he a double digit td slot in the pros i'd say probably not but he's got more big play and td potential than davon bess does i know that...larger catch radius better wheels...wouldn't surprise me if we pulled the trigger at #56...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    BIG_FISH_RI

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To me have that 42nd pick open for the possibility if Tavon Austin drops into the 2nd, but I'm thinking Swope because I fully expect Hopkins and Austin togo early in the 2nd before reaching us since Patterson should go top 10, if not 6. With Keenan Allen going somewhere in the mid to late 1st round. Austin will very likely be taken by one of them playoff teams at the bottom of the 1st like maybe New England. So then Hopkins should be picked by one of those high second round pick teams and then Swope, Wheaton, and a few others who disappointed some to pick from. Swope seems like a good choice there in the 2nd round for us. Especially with the Sherman/Tannehill connection there.
    I think you are correct with your assement. Interesting is what will Miami do. Will they reach a little to get one of the top 5 WR? Will they wait and get a few 2nd round WR and see how it plays out. I mean ALL of the WR have questions and concerns. To me the best bang for your buck is Austin.

Never the less the stage is set for a very interesting draft. When will the run on WR start. Top of the second? Middle of second? Top of Third? end of 1st? Will be very interesting to see.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    BIG_FISH_RI

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    well i'll put it you this way...swope plays a full 2 tenths faster on tape than bess...he plays more a 4.5 game and has the ability to get down the seam against man coverage...he's also 6 ft and 200 lbs what's bess...5 ft 9...we're talking about a plug and play west coast slot wr that fits this o to a t with better than average slot size and very good speed...if he checks out medically with the concussions i don't see where this is a bad idea by any means...swope is smart like bess separates in short areas like bess and when he crosses a dbs face understands option routes and db leverage recognzies zone and soft spots within it...

now if you're asking me is he a double digit td slot in the pros i'd say probably not but he's got more big play and td potential than davon bess does i know that...larger catch radius better wheels...wouldn't surprise me if we pulled the trigger at #56...
    Wouldnt suprise me either and the draft will dictate when we make that decisison. The thing with Swope for me is his size!!!!! If we could get him in the slot with that type of size and speed and a Wallace to the mix and the running game is WIDE open. It really doesnt matter who is the other WR is. It could be Mathews/Harline/Fuller for that matter. All that recieve needs to be is average and have good hands.

Swope really made a name for himself and its going to be interesting.....
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hopkins should already be gone. Hunter may be better and maybe Wheaton. But the rest maybe Da'Rick Rogers, but you can keep Patton and Woods and Bailey. I don't see them provide so much to be considered greater. And if so, they'll go before we pick likely.
    I'm sorry but taking Swope at 42 in your mock is a joke. Don't think Patton is better than Swope? How bout when they played head to head and Patton had 21 catches for 233 and 4 TD's compared to Swope's measly 1 catch for 5 yards. Swope is good, but this board blows him up to be way much better than he really is. And chemistry? Tannehill had chemistry with Fuller too and how did that work out? He didn't even make the team.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote