Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Swope > Hartline, Bess

1. -31
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't get the whole chemistry argument. Everyone kept saying Fuller was going to be a great signing for us last year since he played with Tannehill before. Im not sure it makes much of a difference.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Halo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Tannehill 17
    Lol if people actually expect him to be more productive than the 2. Swope wishes he had their hands/route running. It's going to take some time for his game to translate to the NFL. Also anyone who has actually seen him play and not just go off my pretty body stats knows that he doesn't play like he runs a 4.3.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    I'm sorry but taking Swope at 42 in your mock is a joke. Don't think Patton is better than Swope? How bout when they played head to head and Patton had 21 catches for 233 and 4 TD's compared to Swope's measly 1 catch for 5 yards. Swope is good, but this board blows him up to be way much better than he really is. And chemistry? Tannehill had chemistry with Fuller too and how did that work out? He didn't even make the team.
    I'm not a fan of Patton. I believe he's overrated. Every one here pegged as some playmaking speed demon and I saw a 5 yard catch here a 7 yard catch there and no breaking any tackles. Yes he got a few bombs thrown for TDs which gave him those yards, but that slow ass 40 didn't take me by surprise either. Same with everyone hyping up Terrence Williams. I'll pass on those two. I find them avg Joes "to me".

I don't even want Robert Woods. Give me Patterson, Hopkins, Austin, Swope, and Goodwin. Y'all can keep the rest of your friendly neighborhood Keenan Allens and all these other greek gods amd titans. I have my list and I believe we risk losing out on him if we wait. As I expect Patterson, Hopkins, and Austin gone by the time we pick at 42.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Yes Keenan Allen will be gone too, but like I said, I don't want him.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    Lol if people actually expect him to be more productive than the 2. Swope wishes he had their hands/route running. It's going to take some time for his game to translate to the NFL. Also anyone who has actually seen him play and not just go off my pretty body stats knows that he doesn't play like he runs a 4.3.
    Swope is a pretty good route runner himself and has excelled in 2 completely different offenses. The one thing that video shows consistently is that Swope is a master at the wheel route. But the video also shows a few things.

1.He is not afraid to take a hit
    2.He can break tackles
    3.He locates the ball in the air
    4.He will go up and fight for the ball
    5.He's not exactly slow

The 4.37 was probably more the fast track at Indy (though Tannehill stated that Swope was a legit 4.3 guy) but even a 4.4 is significantly faster than he was projected to run.

I don't get the whole chemistry argument. Everyone kept saying Fuller was going to be a great signing for us last year since he played with Tannehill before. Im not sure it makes much of a difference.
    Different types of WRs. Fuller, at one point, looked like he was given every opportunity to make the team. IIRC Rishard Matthews ironically enough was the only WR that was not given a run with the first team offense. Fuller IMO was also more of a case of a big Big-12 WR taking advantage of smaller DBs that don't play physical rather than being a better player. Swope had a damn good year against SEC guys while Fuller disappeared when A&M played tougher opponents.

Either way, I think it's safe to say that the combine has really helped Swope out.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can get just about as many scores out of a blindfolded, one-legged rodeo clown as you can get out of Davone Bess.

A team cannot run an offense that threatens success, or sustains success through this guy.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Lake MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agsMmAL_nn8

4.33 unofficial 40, way better chemistry with Tannehill. MUST DRAFT SWOPE this year. NO EXCUSES.
    No thanks I'll pass on stone hands Swope the body Catcher!
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    You can get just about as many scores out of a blindfolded, one-legged rodeo clown as you can get out of Davone Bess.

A team cannot run an offense that threatens success, or sustains success through this guy.
    you saw Swope play his best game against Bama
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post

I like Bess and I appreciate that a guy who just doesn't have NFL caliber speed has been able to have a relatively successful career, but I also agree with this.

It's silly to say that Swope is better than Bess or Hartline without having played a single down in the NFL, but he certainly has the potential to be better and I'd be pleased if we brought him in to try to upgrade the slot position. Bess just... isn't a guy who is going to contribute to a prolific offense.
    God bless, I'll hang up and listen.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    Let's say we draft Swope at #54, sign Mike Wallace, and with Ireland naming Miller and "Rishard Matthews" as the two whose play should rise significantly in 2013, and then Bess in the slot, since Hartline looks like he's on his way out the door along with Sean Smith.... maybe Tannehill can have both his college WRs to throw to if Jeff Fuller beats out Armon Binn for that final WR spot...

WR: Rishard Matthews, Ryan Swope, Jeff Fuller
    WR: Mike Wallace, Davone Bess

Possible?

But I'd rather cut Davone Bess and re-sign Brian Hartline for the amount we're paying Bess this year which is $4.5mil or so...
    I was with you until you said you'd rather have Hartline than Bess. Bess is considered one of the top slot receivers in the league. Hartline is...not even one of the top receivers on a team that does not have receivers.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    I'm not a fan of Patton. I believe he's overrated. Every one here pegged as some playmaking speed demon and I saw a 5 yard catch here a 7 yard catch there and no breaking any tackles. Yes he got a few bombs thrown for TDs which gave him those yards, but that slow ass 40 didn't take me by surprise either. Same with everyone hyping up Terrence Williams. I'll pass on those two. I find them avg Joes "to me".

I don't even want Robert Woods. Give me Patterson, Hopkins, Austin, Swope, and Goodwin. Y'all can keep the rest of your friendly neighborhood Keenan Allens and all these other greek gods amd titans. I have my list and I believe we risk losing out on him if we wait. As I expect Patterson, Hopkins, and Austin gone by the time we pick at 42.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Yes Keenan Allen will be gone too, but like I said, I don't want him.
    Did you watch the Louisiana tech/Texas a&m game? He was absolutely dominant. Friendly neighborhood Keenan Allen's? Was that supposed to be funny?
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote