Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Langer72's mock 1.0

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks

Langer72's mock 1.0

Well, I am calling it 1.0, I may decide to make some changes in the next 2 months.
    For now..
    1. Barkevious Mingo DE
    2A. Jonathan Banks CB
    2B. Markus Wheaton WR
    3A. Ryan Swope WR
    3B. Christine Michael RB
    4. Kenny Stills WR
    5. Dustin Hopkins K
    6. Hugh Thornton OG
    7. Cornelious Washington DE

I wanted Tavon Austin with the 2A pick, but he will likely be gone. I am holding out hope for him though.
    Banks is a quality CB. We need to upgrade and there is a possibility that Smith's asking price is too high.
    I picked 3 WR's hopefully 2-3 will be upgrades. Stills is intriguing at that spot...quickness/ Speed. We need speed, and all three have speed and different aspects to their games
    Mingo and/or possibly Washington can be the complimentary edge rusher opposite Wake.
    Christine Michael is a big back to replace Daniel Thomas, who has been a injury prone disappointment. Bush/Miller share the scat back, but we will need a thumper.

My assumptions are that Long, Hartline, Fasano, and Bush will resign. I think Smith is asking for too much..he is on his way out.
    We will make a strong play for Finley TE. He will upgrade the passing attack from the TE position at a reasonable price. No FA receivers...too expensive, we will draft them.
    Matt Moore will leave for a better opportunity, and Devlin will enter camp as the #2. We may pick up another veteran before camp and likely sign rookie Bray or another undrafted QB.

Thoughts?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Stills ability, but that kid is an acquired taste, character wise. Has a rep for taking plays off, jogging around when he isn't the target, questioning coaches etc, getting penalties against him for over-aggessiveness. He also seems to have a pretty inflated ego. Seemingly he, Jefferson and one other player are known as the Cali Trio in Oklahoma. They seem to spend their time telling the world how awesome they are and generally acting the diva.

On the flipside, he's a competitor when he is the focus of attention. Brandon Marshall redux. I doubt he fits in the "committee of WRs" scheme.

I wondered why he was getting mocked as low as he was - because the physical traits and talent are there - and that seems to be the message coming out of college, fwiw. In the fourth, that might be worth taking a gamble on anyway, as the talent is 2nd round, imo.

I'm not on the Mingo bandwagon, I think the risks of him not panning out are too high for the draft slot. Like the rest of the picks, though I'm maybe not sure our endzone woes are addressed enough by Swope, Wheaton and Stills.
    Last edited by Fin Thirteen; 02-25-2013 at 08:43 AM.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Banks at 2A?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Langer72's mock 1.0

banks will probably go to Tampa bay in round one if we pass
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd buy this mock all day and twice on sundays. Adding all those young receivers would be beautiful. Love the kicker pick, MIngo and Banks are both studs and would be steals in those spots.
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't see this happening. I seriously doubt Banks lasts that long. I don't think I'd spend a 3rd on Swope.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mingo is one of the biggest boom/busts picks IMO, maybe you hit a home run and he's the next Ware or maybe he's out of the league in a few years. Love Banks, but don't think he makes it out of the top 20. Wheaton and Swope would be nice additions at wide receiver.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can see Banks making it to 42. Odds are against it, but I have him as my 4th CB. I think it's probable that Rhodes goes before him. Milliner almost certain will. I can see Trufant or Alford going before him too - depending on how they look from this point forward. Alford is the guy I'm eyeing if we pass on CB in Round 1. Rhodes would be solid at 12. Think he has the most potential to be a lock-down CB.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    Mingo is one of the biggest boom/busts picks IMO, maybe you hit a home run and he's the next Ware or maybe he's out of the league in a few years. Love Banks, but don't think he makes it out of the top 20. Wheaton and Swope would be nice additions at wide receiver.
    He definitely won't be the next Ware, he doesn't have the size. I think teams are hoping he's Von Miller . . . or close to it.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd roll the Dice on Mingo. I think Sam Montgomery is more likely to bust then Mingo.

If Jordan and Anash aren't there he may be are guy
    Quote Quote