With all of the free agent and draft threads being started, I decided to try to create a realistic off season plan for the Dolphins.

First, Ill start off with team re-signings and cuts

I think Jake Long should be franchised. I know $15 million is a big #, but tagging Long gives the Dolphins the opportunity to groom a rookie and give Yeatman and Martin another year to develop. If Long stay injury free and plays all year, or comes even close to his previous All-Pro form, we can decide next year what to do with him. The worst case scenario would be that Long gets injured again and we let him go next year. The best case scenario is that he returns to his previous form and we can attempt to sign him to a deal similar to his rookie contract. Long's salary was never an issue until he started getting injured the last 2 years.

I would cut Richard Marshall, Kevin Burnett, Karlos Dansby, and Dan Carpenter. That would result in almost $18 million in cap savings this year.

Re-sign

Brian Hartline 4 years/$20 million
Matt Moore 2 years/$7 million
Chris Clemons 4 years/$16 million

Ive struggled whether to tag Starks instead of Long, but I think we can move Odrick back to his natural position at DT.

Free Agents

G Andy Levitre 4 years/$28 million
WR Mike Wallace 5 years/$58 million
CB Keenan Lewis 4 years/$16 million
CB Leodis McKelvin 2 years/$6 Million
LB Erin Henderson 4 years/$15 million
LB Dannell Ellerbe 4 years/$17 million
RB Mike Goodson 3 years/$8 million
TE Fred Davis 4 years/$20 million

Draft

1. DE Zeke Ansah BYU I'd like to take WR Patterson here but I think he will be gone after his combine showing. Unless Damontre Moore, Bjorn Werner, or Jarvis Jones is available, I think Ansah is the pick.

2. CB Xavier Rhodes FSU

2. WR Robert Woods USC

3. CB/S Davis Amerson NCST

3. T Menelik Watson FSU

4. OG Dallas Thomas TENN

5. RB Marcus Lattimore SC

7. WR Conner Vernon DUKE

7. K Caleb Sturgis FL

Id love to hear comments and opinions.