Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Philbin not a fan of Jennings?

1. -41
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by houtz View Post
    We have what 9 picks? We're building through the draft regardless of what is done through FA. Considering we have a ton of cap room and have to use a majority of it, Miami won't be quiet in FA.

Bowe, Austin, Jennings, Welker, Wallace, Miami will land one of them. No doubt in my mind.
    "Building through the draft" might be the most overused phrase on FH now. Everybody "builds through the draft," even those most active in FA. You can sign a FA and STILL "build through the draft," especially when, as you pointed out, you have 9 picks.

That being said, hopefully we don't go with "draft crap WRs in bulk at the end of the draft" strategy again...

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Looavul
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    "Building through the draft" might be the most overused phrase on FH now. Everybody "builds through the draft," even those most active in FA. You can sign a FA and STILL "build through the draft," especially when, as you pointed out, you have 9 picks.

That being said, hopefully we don't go with "draft crap WRs in bulk at the end of the draft" strategy again...
    truth. Not to mention we have a ton of cap room we basically must spend. I'm not dead set on Wallace, but we must add quality starters via FA (eg Levitre, Vollmer, Avril etc). I'm soured on Jennings considering the injury history. If not Wallace, go all out WR in early rounds (Patterson, Austin, Allen, Hunter, Hopkins, Swope etc).

Ill trust Philbins judgment though as I did last year on Flynn.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I do think that the timing of this, just after the Packers leaked that they are thinking about using the franchise tag on Jennings, is definitely deliberate. Mind games.
    Oh no, we suck again!
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post

Yes and no, teams like Washington had absolutely no success through free agency and during that same time had a lot of poor drafts as well. Since they've focused more on the draft they've become very good at it; Brian Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan, RG3, Alford, Trent Williams.

Most teams who focus more on free agency, maybe it's coincidence, but they tend to be rather poor drafting teams. Even a traditionally good drafting team like the Eagles have seen their drafting take a huge hit in recent years as they focused more on free agency (though my boy Brandon Graham graded out really well coming off ACL surgery)

The best teams in free agency just pick and choose.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hokies class of 2016

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ford LogoDolphins HomerTannehill 17Snakes!Xbox Logo
    smokescreen?
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They stated their was a rumor that Jennings wanted 13 mill.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    how the heck would joe have spent all that time with greg jennings seen his year in and year out production and i mean top 10 wr type production be a locker room leader and from all indications team first guy and not like him???

you gotta be kidding me...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    smoke screen.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    how the heck would joe have spent all that time with greg jennings seen his year in and year out production and i mean top 10 wr type production be a locker room leader and from all indications team first guy and not like him???

you gotta be kidding me...

Yep. This reminds me of those fervent denials just days before the last draft when the Jaguars were saying very publicly "Hey, if you want Ryan Tannehill, we pick right before Miami, come and get it" and Dolphins insisted that it was ridiculous that the team had made up its mind from the top down to draft Ryan Tannehill, blah blah blah.

Protesting too much, and such.
    Quote Quote