Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be the steal of the draft?

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Who will be the steal of the draft?

So come draft time every year there are players that are risky or overlooked due to injury history, character issues, poor testing/measurables or lack of playing time and even if the tape says they can ball they get passed over (ala Zach Thomas, Jake Scott and Donald Driver ).

So with the draft fast approaching who in your opinion will be the steal of the draft and why?

Mine....
    Cornellius "Tank" Carradine - Big body, talent is there but is overlooked for good reason the other two ends on FSU were Werner and Jenkins not to mention the ACL injury. I think he was starting to round into form before the injury and says he will be 100% by April meaning he can get some workouts in before the draft. I like his burst and his ability to play with leverage and you can never question his motor as this dude goes for it every play. With the injury he may not be a 3 down guy to start but honestly I think this guy can be a very good player.

I want to note if you think the draft steal is a 1st round guy but will go later than you think he should GO FOR IT.

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly a guy like Lattimore who is going to get drafted later on and produce big numbers down the road. Another is Christine Micheals guy has all the ability in the world especially in the right system if he can grow up. It may be only for a two year stretch but he's going to do well for someone.
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadi-Phin View Post
    Honestly a guy like Lattimore who is going to get drafted later on and produce big numbers down the road. Another is Christine Micheals guy has all the ability in the world especially in the right system if he can grow up. It may be only for a two year stretch but he's going to do well for someone.

I didnt even think of Lattimore that guy is a BEAST as a UGA fan i have seen him in big games and dude can ball. Someone taking him in the 6th might get a very Terrell Davis kinda player.

Another is Justin Hunter, Patterson is putting up big numbers at the combine and has a great highlight reel but Hunter is a stud was fast becoming a top 5 pick till he hurt his knee. This past year was his first year back that 2nd year is typically the one where most (YES NOT YOU AP) come back into form he is a legit 6'4 and can run and attacks the ball in the air could be a HUGE steal.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I completely agree with you on Carradine. He's the #1 DE on my board.

It's usually a good bet to find some RB that has the skills you're looking for at that position, but will be available late because he runs a 4.6 in the 40-yard dash. The Arian Foster/Alfred Morris type back...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Stedman Bailey
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I completely agree with you on Carradine. He's the #1 DE on my board.

It's usually a good bet to find some RB that has the skills you're looking for at that position, but will be available late because he runs a 4.6 in the 40-yard dash. The Arian Foster/Alfred Morris type back...

I want Carradine on the Dolphins, I have no idea where you would have to draft him especially if he can work out before the draft and shows even flashes of what he is capable of. I love when a guy plays as hard and with as much heart as that guy does, other stuff can come and more than likely will come when you work as hard and have the intensity to do so.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Carradine would be a great addition, but the word is out. He is going higher, his stock is rising.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have to probably go with a guy like Marcus Lattimore who, because of that injury, could go into the 5th or 6th rounds. If he can overcome that injury he's gonna be a beast. I've seen a bit of tape on him and that guy is just an absolute animal.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tank Carradine is going to rise to where he's no longer really a steal. He's a great player, but I think there are indications he's going to be correctly valued.

Right now Marquess Wilson looks like one of the most underrated players in the Draft. To hear the media tell it, he'll get all the way into the 6th or 7th round. He's WAY better than that. He belongs in the top group of wide receivers, more so than a few guys that are considered in that group.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Who will be the steal of the draft?

If he is on the straight and narrow then Honey badger in the mid rounds could be a steal.
    Quote Quote