Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Only DE's worth #12 pick

1. -51
    Just trust me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Drafting for need almost always leads to failure. Just because something isnt a hole today(and Defensive End is actually a hole for us now) doesnt mean it wont be tommorow. Solid receivers can be found in the second or third round, the only way a defensive end falls is if he is a flawed player. Not to mention good wideouts hit free agency more often than good pass rushers.

We know have a franchise quarterback. With such a quarterback, we shouldnt be picking high in the draft anytime soon. We need to take the chance we are given to shore up a critical position for years to come. Wideout can be filled in free agency or in the second round. Our pass rush cant.
    I don't think you can say that " we know we have a franchise QB " .......well I guess you can say what ever the hell you want, haha....but I think it's way to early to say that.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Only DE's worth #12 pick

Quote Originally Posted by Etuoo33 View Post
    Werner got owned by the RT for the Canes. Pass in the 1st. Mingo is only 240# and may be too small for a DE?
    He had 1.5 sacks in that game so I don't think he got too owned.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinMagic View Post
    If Jordan is there at 12, i would take him over any wr. I'm not a fan of Ansah. He doesn't have good stamina, he's inconsistent and he gives up on plays...ALOT. he's only so high because of his size and athleticism but this guy has bust written all over him. Who's that guy the jets drafted a few years back? Thats him all over again.
    Who was that man? None other than the invincible OSU Buckeye Vernon Gholston. I will admit that part of me was hoping since I am a buckeye fan that we would draft him. But you're right he is like Ansah. Raw, hasn't played much football, but has amzing athleticism. Gholston has some serious guns, but no game. I live in Oregon now and am forced to watch many Ducks games, and Dion Jordan is very fast and very good. He has a great motor. I would love to see us take him at #12. I worry about the Eagles taking him, but I think they have more pressing matters at OL to be taking a DE. But we shall wait and see. I hope we go DE or OL first, then pick WR, CB, TE with the next 3, in no particular order.
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    TORONTO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What about margus hunt?
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There are guys moving up-down...Lotuleilei, pending on his pro-day, just moved down. 3 tackles might be taken before us, as well as Warmack (maybe even Cooper), Ansah, Floyd, Jordan, Milliner, and 1 or 2 qbs (Buff-Ari-KC-NYJ). Thats 10 guys, leaving a possibility of Mingo, Moore, Jarvis Jones, Werner, Banks, Patterson, Allen, Eifert, Cooper, Okafor, Ertz, Vaccaro, and Rhodes for us to choose from. Now, if we move down to the early 20s, maybe even a few of these guys might still be there, and we pick up another draft pick or two, which is my preferred scenario. How cool would it be to lock Ertz around 21, then get Woods wr, Trufant CB, either Okafor-Datone Jones or Carradine DE, then Bayley or Amerson and Pugh T in round 3? Or if Wallace is had in FA, get a guy like Bayley and strenghten the Backfield and Oline? Damn, the possibilities are endless, and the sleep depravation is getting even WORSE as the days get closer to FA and the draft...
    Quote Quote