Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Where Are We In The Turn...?

1. -1
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION Where Are We In The Turn...?

It is clear that, or course, we have not made the full turn toward being a true contender in the league. No one can argue with that fact. But where are we in that turn?

Are we not yet there - are we (1) just about to make that turn, (2) just turning the bend, or are we (3) at (or just a bit over) the midway point in that turn?

I vote for the the third (3) viewpoint. I think we are a few more pieces away from turning (finally!) into a championship caliber squad. Twenty-fourteen (2014) being the season that ignites the Dolphins onto the road to the playoffs and beyond....

(important: my viewpoint is in place if, and only if, we pick up some solid FAs and have a stellar draft. Otherwise I will pick the number two (2) viewpoint as my option)

You? - - >
    -

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    BILLINGS, MONTANA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I will vote Turning the Bend. We are close but, I don't ******* want us to go in reverse and not make the turn capeche. We need to push for the division this year and make a playoff appearance. We also cannot repeat can NOT go backwards if we regress we will not be a great team and we will be a long way away from making that turn. We have some of the pieces we just need a few more and we will be contenders consistently.

GO DOLPHINS!!

2012 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS LOS ANGELES KINGS!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They need to add at least one difference maker on Defense and TWO on offense.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I define "true competitor" to mean that we have all the pieces in place to make a legitimate run at a Super Bowl championship. In my opinion we need to upgrade or replace at ten different positions to meet this criteria: OT, OG, OG, WR, WR, TE, DE, LB, CB, CB. I believe we are in category 1, just about to make the turn.

Obviously we're not going to hit on ten positions in one draft/free agency period. Given our front office's recent draft history, I believe we are three to four years away from a legitimate shot at a Super Bowl championship.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A&O View Post

Are we not yet there - are we (1) just about to make that turn, (2) just turning the bend, or are we (3) at (or just a bit over) the midway point in that turn?

We're on I95 about to get off on the 79th street exit
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We are in year #2 of Tannehill's career. Expect growth then we can have the playoffs. No growth....
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It all hinges on the QB IMO. We can be a contender if RT takes a big step this year in his development. If he doesn't then we are going to be a 5-8 win team. We just don't have enough talent on the roster to carry our QB - it has to be the other way around. We'll find out this year if RT can be "the guy". I'm optimistic he can!
    Quote Quote