Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 65

Thread: B. Werner's #'s

  1. -1
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2012
    Posts:
    139
    vCash:
    1210
    Thanks / No Thanks

    B. Werner's #'s

    Based on his measurables today, does he drop to us?Dion Jordan had better than expected numbershttp://walterfootball.com/combine2013DL.php
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    fanfin's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2012
    Posts:
    1,808
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ansah and Jordan will be the first two picked. Not sure in what order, the question is do we want Werner if he falls to #12?
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    72 silky's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2011
    Posts:
    710
    vCash:
    381
    Loc:
    Toronto Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Over warmack or Patterson hell no! I'd take eifert @12 before Werner
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,757
    vCash:
    14351
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: B. Werner's #'s

    Quote Originally Posted by 72 silky View Post
    Over warmack or Patterson hell no! I'd take eifert @12 before Werner
    Lay off the crack Silky and watch some tape. Werner is an ogre and a fairly smart one to boot. If he falls to 12, we have to take him.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    J Tes's Avatar
    next generation

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    2,312
    vCash:
    2688
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 72 silky View Post
    Over warmack or Patterson hell no! I'd take eifert @12 before Werner
    If you're taking a guard at 12 it would have to be Cooper. He's a much better fit for this offense
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    NUGap's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2012
    Posts:
    236
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    Ansah and Jordan will be the first two picked. Not sure in what order, the question is do we want Werner if he falls to #12?
    I'm not on board with the whole Ansah train, regardless of if he's a target for the Dolphins or not. I know he's a physical freak, etc, etc, but he doesn't present nearly the same qualities as Werner on tape. I know Ansah had a good Senior Bowl and his combine numbers are excellent, but I'd still be wary of picking someone that raw that high. Some drafts are mocking him as high as 6. I know part of that is due to the dearth of top 10 talent, but that's like trying to tell me that Ansah is a more valued pick than JPP, Aldon Smith, or even Chandler Jones (all "raw" guys, who had far more on tape than Ansah). I just can't buy that, I'd take him at the end of the first round. Given the choice of Werner or Ansah at 12, Werner would easily be the pick. I mean even given the pick of Werner or any other player "expected" to be there at 12 outside maybe Dee Milliner, I'd pick Werner.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,757
    vCash:
    14351
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: B. Werner's #'s

    Quote Originally Posted by NUGap View Post
    I'm not on board with the whole Ansah train, regardless of if he's a target for the Dolphins or not. I know he's a physical freak, etc, etc, but he doesn't present nearly the same qualities as Werner on tape. I know Ansah had a good Senior Bowl and his combine numbers are excellent, but I'd still be wary of picking someone that raw that high. Some drafts are mocking him as high as 6. I know part of that is due to the dearth of top 10 talent, but that's like trying to tell me that Ansah is a more valued pick than JPP, Aldon Smith, or even Chandler Jones (all "raw" guys, who had far more on tape than Ansah). I just can't buy that, I'd take him at the end of the first round. Given the choice of Werner or Ansah at 12, Werner would easily be the pick. I mean even given the pick of Werner or any other player "expected" to be there at 12 outside maybe Dee Milliner, I'd pick Werner.
    This!
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    72 silky's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2011
    Posts:
    710
    vCash:
    381
    Loc:
    Toronto Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Lay off the crack Silky and watch some tape. Werner is an ogre and a fairly smart one to boot. If he falls to 12, we have to take him.
    Settle down no need to get all firery, it's my opinion. I just feel suronding our franchise QB with as much top talent we can would be a better then getting a DE when our D line was a strength last season. Well that's how I thought it worked.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,757
    vCash:
    14351
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: B. Werner's #'s

    Quote Originally Posted by 72 silky View Post
    Settle down no need to get all firery, it's my opinion. I just feel suronding our franchise QB with as much top talent we can would be a better then getting a DE when our D line was a strength last season. Well that's how I thought it worked.
    I will agree with you there, just don't see the value at 12 that with many others that Werner would represent. I do have to admit that I am an FSU alum and homer so I got a but testy. Sorry about that.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Hayden Fox's Avatar
    At the end of the day...

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    21,523
    vCash:
    46786
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Ansah has a higher upside than Werner, but I like the kid.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Why Bjoern Werner makes no sense to me at 12...
    By MrEd in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-06-2013, 02:35 PM
  2. B. Werner looking like he might be there at 12.. Do we take him?
    By dolphinsbshaw72 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-09-2013, 11:29 PM
  3. Bjoern Werner at 12?
    By dolphinsbshaw72 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-23-2013, 12:42 PM
  4. Bjoern Werner will enter draft... and other tidbits
    By 2413fanphins in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 10:06 PM
  5. Werner DE in 1st Round
    By Pat-London in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-27-2012, 01:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •