Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick 3-round mock, part II

1. -1
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quick 3-round mock, part II

This is part I
    1 Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
    2a Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
    2b Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
    3a Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State
    3b Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M

This is part II

1. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    This may be a bit of a reach on Eifert, but it's not a huge reach. Eifert is projected to be selected anywhere in the late first or early second. With needs elsewhere in free agency, Miami can ensure it has a playmaker at tight end by selecting Eifert with the #12 overall pick.

2a. Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
    This is one of my favorite defensive ends in the entire draft. He would have to fall a little bit to be selected here, but it's not completely out of the question. Okafor has great athletic ability and strength. He's got a frame perfect for the defensive end position. He's an extremely team-oriented player and would be an immediate starter on the opposite side of Cameron Wake.

2b. Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
    As the combine showed us, there's a ton of athletic ability in this class of receivers. It's also a group that has a lot of depth. Wheaton put up great numbers at Oregon State and would be the offensive spark Miami needs to be more dangerous in the passing game.

3a. Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
    This is an obvious pick for Miami. Swope, who before the combine was projected anywhere in rounds 3-5, solidified himself as a day-two pick with his performance at the combine. He thrived with Tannehill in Mike Sherman's offense at Texas A&M. Like Wheaton, Swope makes this receiving corps even more electric.

3b. Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State
    Not the biggest guy in the world, but he can certainly play. He would be a much-needed addition to a team needing more talent in the secondary.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    CB needs to be taken sooner if Sean Smith is not signed in my opinion. If Long does not resign then OT in first 5 picks needs to happen.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Looks good to me JC. I really like the weapons you add to our offense. I am really hoping that we draft Swope.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbanger View Post
    CB needs to be taken sooner if Sean Smith is not signed in my opinion. If Long does not resign then OT in first 5 picks needs to happen.

I think free agency is a good place to get some help on the offensive line and defensive backfield. Our draft all depends on what happens in free agency. If we were able to draft Eifert, Wheaton and Swope, I'd be OK with a smaller splash at receiver in free agency.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shreveport,La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah...you guys can kinda stop mocking swope in the 3rd as he is at worst a second now after that 4.out the building time at the combine
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kloud_9 View Post
    Yeah...you guys can kinda stop mocking swope in the 3rd as he is at worst a second now after that 4.out the building time at the combine

With most of the draft class impressing with their .40 times, Swope didn't move up as much as you are saying. He was AT BEAST a 3rd rounder before, now he still likely won't go until the 3rd round. With all of the receivers that'll still be on the board, he'll last til the 3rd.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiFinsJC View Post
    With most of the draft class impressing with their .40 times, Swope didn't move up as much as you are saying. He was AT BEAST a 3rd rounder before, now he still likely won't go until the 3rd round. With all of the receivers that'll still be on the board, he'll last til the 3rd.
    I dont think Swope lasts until the third either. I bet Robert Woods lasts though, and I think there is a decent shot that Nuk Hopkins lasts until round 3. If Hopkins does last that long then I grab him, forget other needs. I also go TE in Free Agency and grab the CB round 1 or 2.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'll be surprised if okafor gets out of round 1 given the de class...you're not sniffing robert woods in the 3rd...swope could easily go late round 2...given that size and speed and he's a plug and play slot wr with that size could provide some boundary play
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i'll be surprised if okafor gets out of round 1 given the de class...you're not sniffing robert woods in the 3rd...swope could easily go late round 2...given that size and speed and he's a plug and play slot wr with that size could provide some boundary play
    Hoops, how many WRs are legitimately going to get taken in the second, by your estimation?

The list of names I've seen mocked in the second is massive. Patterson prob a 1st rounder, Allen may creep in at the bottom of the first, then you're looking at Austin, Hunter, Williams, Woods, Patton, Wheaton, Bailey, Hopkins, King, Dobson. People now adding Swope. Even if you kick a couple of guys out of that list like Dobson and King (I would not object to us taking King with our second 2nd rounder, personally), you've got maybe 9 WRs in a round of 32 players. Has that ever happened?

Some players will slide into Round 3, surely. I'm not sure that Woods won't be one of them. I certainly wouldn't rule it out.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    Hoops, how many WRs are legitimately going to get taken in the second, by your estimation?

The list of names I've seen mocked in the second is massive. Patterson prob a 1st rounder, Allen may creep in at the bottom of the first, then you're looking at Austin, Hunter, Williams, Woods, Patton, Wheaton, Bailey, Hopkins, King, Dobson. People now adding Swope. Even if you kick a couple of guys out of that list like Dobson and King (I would not object to us taking King with our second 2nd rounder, personally), you've got maybe 9 WRs in a round of 32 players. Has that ever happened?

Some players will slide into Round 3, surely. I'm not sure that Woods won't be one of them. I certainly wouldn't rule it out.
    round 2 is definitely gonna be heavy wr action...we better not sleep if we wait til then...i don't think dobson and king are in play for that round personally...more round 3 guys...but someone may pull the trigger on a bigger body guy like dobson there...i think bailey given what he ran last into round 3...could see hopkins there also imo...

definitely big action on the position in day 2 though...they're gonna fly off the board
    Quote Quote