Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o's slow 40 time far more damaging to draft stock than fake girlfriend

1. -1
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ooops Manti Te'o's slow 40 time far more damaging to draft stock than fake girlfriend

Manti's troubles continue. Smaller than advertised, slower than expected....How far do you think he will slide?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...eo-real-impact

"Te'o ran a 4.82 40 and could have possibly dropped out of the first round. Teams need fast linebackers who can drop into coverage and chase down tight ends or fast running backs. Unless Te'o improves that 4.82, he might get some second-round grades. This doesn't mean he can't be an every-down player."

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    maybe, personally i dont think his 40 time is a big deal, now maybe being manhandled in championship game would impact my decision. judging a damn LB by his 40 time in shorts is far from smart
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    maybe, personally i dont think his 40 time is a big deal, now maybe being manhandled in championship game would impact my decision. judging a damn LB by his 40 time in shorts is far from smart
    I hear ya. But I wonder......
    I really wonder if his implosion in his last game was a result of either:

a) Just can't handle the "big boys"
    or
    b) Was not mentally "there" because of the impending fear of the story breaking

Now, if the answer is a) then he would not be on my draft board at all. But, if he just couldn't get his mind in the game, because he knew that the school would break the story not long after the game, and that his life would explode, and that he would be ridiculed and laughed at by the whole nation....and that everyone would see that he perpetuated the "lie".......then I would better understand. And then I would consider him later on in the draft.

I really believe that his "crumbling" in the last game was a result of his mental anguish and fear, rather than a result of stiffer competition. you just don't dominate the way he did and then fall apart in 1 game (regardless of the talent he was facing) if the problem is athletic talent against a tough team.

He was spooked.

And for me, that is another red flag. Knowing that someone/something can get far enough inside his head to make him do stupid things.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    His pro day is more important than the combine. 40 times are fools gold anyway. I'm more concerned about game speed.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Anyone see Harbaugh's face when he ran the 40? Pretty much summed it up right there.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, wasn't pretty at all.
    He will slide, no doubt. But, how far??
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Been saying for two years now that this kid is so overrated. Everything about him is nothing more than media hype. He's an average LB.

In the NFL Draft, you want VALUE. No value whatsoever in Manti Te'o in the first round. Kevin Minter....there's some real value.

Kevin Minter in the second round is a flat out STEAL for someone.

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Disapearing in the BCS Championship only to be seen on his back run over, the fake girlfriend and lack luster speed is way to many red flags.
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it's not just the 40, as Hoops so elegantly put it, everything Te'o did yesterday was mediocre. Re-watching some of his film, he really wasn't the playmaker he was hyped up as. A lot of tipped INTs, and a lot of tackles 4-5 yards down the field.

He's not a bad prospect, but looking back, he's not a WOW guy.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Average LB whose hype superseded his on the field talent. Hype garnered by false stories and playing for Notre Dame, media darlings that they are...

Glad we don't have to worry about the Fins drafting him. This guy wouldn't sniff the starting lineup on our D.
    "Any ideology that fundamentally divides one group from another and prevents them from recognizing their common humanity is a problem" - Sam Harris

Fin fan till' the coffin slams!
    Quote Quote