Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o's slow 40 time far more damaging to draft stock than fake girlfriend

1. -11
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the fake girlfriend thing never came up he wouldn't have to do the NFL combine and just wait for the pro day. His stock has went way down, I don't think I've ever seen a guy go from possibly Top 5 to maybe 5th round.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    If the fake girlfriend thing never came up he wouldn't have to do the NFL combine and just wait for the pro day. His stock has went way down, I don't think I've ever seen a guy go from possibly Top 5 to maybe 5th round.
    This. I really see him falling big time. The girlfriend thing is something that teams are not really wanting to deal with for the next four years. Especially for a guy that seems to lack a lot of explosiveness. Every highlight of the guy just seems to be right place right time. Now with guys like Zach Thomas that was because of sheer instinct, but I do not see that, it is really just a lot of tipped balls and horrible throws to a guy in a spot on random luck. A lot of the plays seem like he is in the wrong spot if things hadn't gone terribly wrong he would be toast. In the Bama game guys were able to get past the line to the second level and he was not good at handling that traffic. Huge issue in the NFL. 5th round is where I see him going, could be worse if teams with need are able to find options earlier. I don't see a team without a big need taking him because of everything that has gone on and this is what seems to happen in late rounds.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinidadDolfan View Post
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madmic21 View Post
    This. I really see him falling big time. The girlfriend thing is something that teams are not really wanting to deal with for the next four years. Especially for a guy that seems to lack a lot of explosiveness. Every highlight of the guy just seems to be right place right time. Now with guys like Zach Thomas that was because of sheer instinct, but I do not see that, it is really just a lot of tipped balls and horrible throws to a guy in a spot on random luck. A lot of the plays seem like he is in the wrong spot if things hadn't gone terribly wrong he would be toast. In the Bama game guys were able to get past the line to the second level and he was not good at handling that traffic. Huge issue in the NFL. 5th round is where I see him going, could be worse if teams with need are able to find options earlier. I don't see a team without a big need taking him because of everything that has gone on and this is what seems to happen in late rounds.
    Wow, 5th rd is sooooo far from where he was projected as recently as December.
    I feel for the guy...he will be the Brady Quinn of this years draft. Cameras on him as pic-by-pick rolls by. Pretty emarassing I would say.
    I will go on record to say that he will be drafted bottom of 2nd or top of rd. 3
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Was never a huge fan of his to begin with, but this seems to be pointing out some big red flags with him. Regardless of the whole fake girlfriend thing, I think things like his horrible showing at the title game, poor combine showing, etc. is very concerning. And instead of taking it head-on, he's full of excuses for everything and doesn't take any personal responsibility. Even if he was available in the mid-rounds, I'm not sure I'd want him on our team. He's a huge distraction (press) and doesn't seem ready for the NFL. Too many other good options at LB, so I'd just pass.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    God I'm really tired of hearing about this guy...
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey hopefully he does fall and we draft him, he is going to be a good football player. His running a 4.8 shows nothing about him as a damn linebacker
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Definitely hurt him more than the girlfriend. 4.8 just isn't fast enough to be "elite" anymore I don't feel like. He plays a little faster than that, but this gives me doubts about his potential at the next level; when you have guys like Patrick Willis and Luke Kuechly who can run a 4.5. It's just becoming part of the bigger faster NFL I suppose

But who are you? the guy that just randomly overly hates Notre Dame? Damn man chill out.

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Apparently Te'o is blaming his slow time on "stress" from the interviews. If I'm a GM that is NOT the answer I want to hear. He is basically saying he can't handle the pressure of an NFL lifestyle. Yeah, he is getting more attention than anybody else, if the kid can't handle polite reporters, how will he be able to handle a locker room full of players making fun of him?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fifth round is a real possibility for him. As I said he wouldn't have done the NFL Combine, the scouts would blindly still see him as a top 10 prospect, and he would just have gone straight to the pro day if it weren't for the fake girlfriend thing.

And I don't see how he's going to be a very good player, he looks like Channing Crowder to me. A guy that doesn't have the speed nore athleticism to cover athletic tight ends like Hernandez and Gronkowski.

I hope the Jets' draft him in the first round but I doubt Rex is that stupid.
    Quote Quote