Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o's slow 40 time far more damaging to draft stock than fake girlfriend

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The cone drill is more indicative of what kind of speed he needs as a MLB in the nfl. Not saying he is an awesome prospect but seriously knocking a mlb on a damn 40 time in shorts. I remember how the NFL would not be able to handle Ted Ginn and his amazing speed.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    5th is a stretch, but he is probably falling out of the first. MAYBE a team like Houston, who are desperate to find a competent ILB to place next to a healthy Brian Cushing, take him.

The cone drill is more indicative of what kind of speed he needs as a MLB in the nfl. Not saying he is an awesome prospect but seriously knocking a mlb on a damn 40 time in shorts. I remember how the NFL would not be able to handle Ted Ginn and his amazing speed.
    His other drills weren't that impressive either, including falling over finishing a change of direction drill.

But the bigger story is he built up a lot of good will with how he performed in private interviews, but then pretty much lost a lot of it for blaming his subpar combine on stress from the drills and being tired.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Hey hopefully he does fall and we draft him, he is going to be a good football player. His running a 4.8 shows nothing about him as a damn linebacker
    I am no draft guru. But nothing about this guy really makes me too sure he will be a good football player. Hell, he may never recover menatally from this stuff. I am not at all surprised that he ran slow either.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    His stock fell all the way into a different thread. You're welcome America
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Probably a 3rd Round pick for a team that NEEDS an inside linebacker in my opinion.

Bad draft for teams needing an ILB. Ogletree is an athletic headcase who might keep his nose clean, might not. Te'o is a subpar athlete/headcase. The value lies with Mauti, Bostic, Klein, Reddick, Minter. Take the last one left and you'll probably come out just fine.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Probably a 3rd Round pick for a team that NEEDS an inside linebacker in my opinion.

Bad draft for teams needing an ILB. Ogletree is an athletic headcase who might keep his nose clean, might not. Te'o is a subpar athlete/headcase. The value lies with Mauti, Bostic, Klein, Reddick, Minter. Take the last one left and you'll probably come out just fine.
    Slimm, I think I asked you before, but what ya think about Jake Ryan from Michigan in the future? He's been a playmaker both years for the Wolverines and is really getting better (as a Frosh he had no discipline and was used mostly as a pass rusher, as a Sophomore, he became more rounded).

And man, do I wish Mauti didn't hurt his knee again late in the season. Not a bad athlete by any means, and the kid has intangibles out the wazzou. Mauti is the type of kid that comes in and becomes a leader of a team real quick
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    Slimm, I think I asked you before, but what ya think about Jake Ryan from Michigan in the future? He's been a playmaker both years for the Wolverines and is really getting better (as a Frosh he had no discipline and was used mostly as a pass rusher, as a Sophomore, he became more rounded).

And man, do I wish Mauti didn't hurt his knee again late in the season. Not a bad athlete by any means, and the kid has intangibles out the wazzou. Mauti is the type of kid that comes in and becomes a leader of a team real quick

Mauti is the #3 ILB on my board... ahead of Te'o.

You have asked me prior about Jake Ryan and I hadn't done any individual scouting on the defensive side for Michigan at that time. However, Jake Ryan is a kid that I've looked at recently, and will be in my underclassman thread for 2014 which is stickied atop this forum. Fine player, absolutely.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    What Sherman aspires to be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Been saying for two years now that this kid is so overrated. Everything about him is nothing more than media hype. He's an average LB.

In the NFL Draft, you want VALUE. No value whatsoever in Manti Te'o in the first round. Kevin Minter....there's some real value.

Kevin Minter in the second round is a flat out STEAL for someone.

Minter's workout #s are no better than Te'o's. Each of them could have improved their status to the 20th pick discussion but instead cemented themselves as borderline first rounders/probable second rounders. The talk on here of Te'o falling to the 5th round is ridiculous. Maualuga, Laurinaitis, & Curtis Lofton all ran similar 40 times hell Brandon Spikes ran a 5.0 40 & all of them were 2nd round picks & are solid starters.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post

I think that is about right. A drop halted by a team with NEED. 3rd rd, to a team willing to take a chance.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifinz View Post
    Anyone see Harbaugh's face when he ran the 40? Pretty much summed it up right there.

Quote Quote