Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: More competition for Wallace

1. -1
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks

More competition for Wallace

Ron Rivera has hinted that the Panthers are interested in signing Wallace. While Carolina is cap strapped at the moment, it 's just an example of how many teams we will be going up against should we pursue Wallace. The reason I feel this is Dolphins related is, well, the obvious: he is a hot commodity at our biggest position of need. Thing is, it seems the majority of the posters here seem that the Dolphins landing Wallace is merely a formality. We are going to be getting into some serious bidding wars for his services if we truly want him in Miami. There are multiple teams that will be tripping all over themselves to get him. This said, if we don't get him (or Jennings because of the potential tag) then the masses will begin the annual chant about how we can't bring in talent to Miami and our front office sucks, etc. But if these bidding wars pushes Wallace's price even further through the roof, I, for one, will be glad to back out of the Wallace sweepstakes. We can go younger and cheaper via the draft, see who we can develop with Tannehill and hope for a more "sure thing" WR is next year's draft if we don't see the development the team needs. While there is little question we will be a better football team this coming season, I am careful to keep in mind that everything can't be fixed at once. Granted, every effort should be made, within reason, to solidify our receiving core NOW. The draft doesn't offer a Calvin Johnson by any means this year. But the draft is deep with speed and potential. In all honesty, I'm slightly cooling a bit on Wallace for the simple fact that I don't think he is worth $12-14 mill a season. That's 1/4 of our available cap space on one position. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I won't be disappointed if we sign him. But I doubt I find myself moping over it if we do not. I guess what I'm getting at is that we shouldn't get our hopes up too high just yet. Our biggest need, best available at that need, may not end up wearing a Dolphins uniform.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...a-top-receiver

SCall13, Jr.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: More competition for Wallace

Plenty of teams will want him. Us, the browns, patriots, bengals, Vikings... it wont be easy and he will sign for whoever pays him the most. Dont count on signing Wallace folks.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am not sold on Wallace being a fit and don't view him as our biggest need. But you are correct that a lot of fans see his signing as a mere formality.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    I am not sold on Wallace being a fit and don't view him as our biggest need. But you are correct that a lot of fans see his signing as a mere formality.
    He's nowhere close to being worth the money he wants. He dropped a ton of passes this yr.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldnt be upset if we didnt get Wallace, in fact, I really hope we dont get him cause we'd have to over pay him like crazy and he's just not worth it. Plus if we did pay him a ton of money, then that means good bye to the hopes of drafting a WR early in the 2nd or 3rd round and definitely not in the first round.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake the great View Post
    I wouldnt be upset if we didnt get Wallace, in fact, I really hope we dont get him cause we'd have to over pay him like crazy and he's just not worth it. Plus if we did pay him a ton of money, then that means good bye to the hopes of drafting a WR early in the 2nd or 3rd round and definitely not in the first round.
    Even if we sign Wallace, I'd be comfortable betting that we'd still draft one in the 2nd round.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Carolina has no money...so no they won't be players for him....AT ALL
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As it stands right now Carolina doesn't even have enough money to sign their draft picks never mind
    a $12 million a year free agent. They better start restructuring all those $10 million a year players on their team
    Johnson,Gross,Gamble,Beason
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ct.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miami along with Cleveland, Cincy and Indy all have over 40 mil in cap space. Wallace is looking for the most money he can get so I think that will be in Miami. If it wasnt all about the money for Wallace, he would've signed the deal that Pitt than gave to Antonio Brown. I don't think it's a mere formality that he signs in Miami but I like our chances.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    As it stands right now Carolina doesn't even have enough money to sign their draft picks never mind
    a $12 million a year free agent. They better start restructuring all those $10 million a year players on their team
    Johnson,Gross,Gamble,Beason
    Didn't they cut Gamble already? I think even if they did or are planning on doing so, they're fools for paying top dollar for both Stewart and Deangelo.
    Quote Quote