Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: For the Ireland Supporters

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Question For the Ireland Supporters

I have made it known that I really would like a new GM and front office here but if Ireland can prove me wrong and get us into the playoffs next season I would change my opinion of him. For all the ireland supporters on this board I have a question- What would it take for you to want him out of here? Would another 6-10 or 7-9 season do it? Are you giving him another 2 more years no matter what?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starting to hear voices

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Undecided. I want to see what happens between now and opening day. IMO, he has a chance to redeem his rep.
    JMB
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland is bulletproof.

He will always be considered the most qualified person for the job. Why? Because he currently has "Miami Dolphins" in front of his title. Its only when he loses those words will he be considered trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I won't put words in their mouth, but my opinion is you will get few Ireland supporters who will state right now that they will withdraw their support after another sub-500 season. They will make sure they have wiggle room if he is retained.
    Tara
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What you Ireland critics failed to realize is most fans loyalties lie deeper than your usual knee-jerk reactions. I could care less whether you're a dolphin fan or not, and why in the world would you think I would? You mean nothing to me, and you never have, and you never will unless you're willing to give me an incredibly large amount of money for nothing. I've been a dolphin fan since 1970, hell yeah I want them to win, but I go in anywhere regardless.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
Message: I saw the PS controller so I figured you'd like the PS logo as well.1972 Dolphins LogoPS4 ControllerMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91

Re: For the Ireland Supporters

If we continue to show progress he stays.

If we keep losing, thanks Jeff but lets see who Joe likes from the Packers.

If he does get a new deal it will be highly amusing around here for a few days lol
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not an Ireland supporter, but I don't think it's going to matter what he does. He obviously has photos of Ross in a very compromising scenario. That's the only way an incompetent GM who's resume repeatedly embraces .500 or sub .500 seasons. How many draft picks from the last 5-7 years are still around? How did our 2nd round picks (which are supposed to be your bread and butter guys) pan out for us? Those have to be some good pictures he has on Ross!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is Irelands 3rd year running the show on his own, he's set himself up nicely with the cap and picks. Considering we are 3 Dan Carpenter missed field goals away from a 9-7 season, I expect this team to go at least 9-7 to 10-6 this year. Playoffs or at least the same record as a playoff team but booted out due to tie breaker is the bare minimum to save his job.
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post

If he does get a new deal it will be highly amusing around here for a few days lol
    Just to clear up, we dont know if hes a "free agent". When they announced Ross had resigned Ireland, they refused to reveal the years. The media speculated that it was 2 years because thats how long Sparano's extension was. That rings false to me, as Ross made it apparent that he intended to keep Ireland after he fired Sparano(apparent because the Harbaugh thing...and the fact he did keep Ireland).
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post

No....it's win or get fired this year for Ireland. Not "this continuing to show progress" stuff. That could mean a 8-8 or 9-7 non playoff year this season but according to you that's showing progress and he stays. Playoffs or Ireland is gone this year. Period. No exceptions.
    Quote Quote