Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: For the Ireland Supporters

1. -101
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    You miss my point I was just saying that there is no excuse for having a so called throw away nfl season. if u have good young prospects like Tannehill play them but as to Moore andWallace were never anything other than barely NFL bodies and never will be. I dont expect a team to do anything but blow smoke up butss of fans . They created a hole at receiver and had all off season to fix that hole through draft and free agency. They drafted 4th te's and 3rd runningbacks as well as deep depth lbs before they even addressed receiver, then tried to play low budget with the likes of Chad johnson and nannee. He had a bad plan regardless.
    A good point, and agreed.
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I dont adhere to 1st round qb rule although u have to address the most important position over what we were addressing. We just didnt prioritize qb, Im not sure our attitude has changed I just think Sherman thought alot of Tannehill and made Ireland and Philben believers. I think we wanted to draft qb the previous year just our guys were gone. I dont see our drafts being so different last year. Yes we drafted a Qb high but outside of that the draft stategy to me seemed no different. We did draft qb's under PArcells/ Ireland just not right ones. Not drafting a key need such a wr until late in draft was pretty much vintage Ireland. Too busy trying to be the smartest guy in the room in his mind
    In terms of the draft I was not basing my comment at all on Ryan Tannehill, it was the rest of the draft in terms of the size and measurables that Ireland previously picked. RT Martin was not a road grader tackle that Tony would have wanted, Vernon and Miller were 2 other players with little experience but lots of potential plus both had been nicked up in their short college career, Mathews, Kadu and Randell were classic Ireland late round picks wher he has excelled in the past. Many of his late round picks are guys flying under the radar type picks. Now in the post draft interview there were 2 players I did not mention that we drafted Egnew in the 3rd round and I believe Cunningham in the 6th. One of more noted draft niks on this site noted that Ireland was higher on Mathews over Cunningham indicating that might have been a pick influenced by Phibin and that person also noted that Ireland traded down in the 3rd round prior to using out 2nd 3rd round pick last year indicating that Ireland was not as high on Egnew as most of the other picks.

Well lets hope that they have worked out those kinks and get better at free agency this year.
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It depends on how we perform overall. If the team plays well and the offense & defense is solid then I would be able to tolerate 7-9. 6-10 is most likely my tipping point. Honestly if we play well a Tannehill continues to develop we should get a wildcard spot. Ireland has to get this year right not only for his job but for the future of this organization. Tannehill is the key, he plays well we win.
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The bottom line if Ireland fails, the organization fails and takes a step back. As I have stated I am not the biggest fan of his however I am pulling for him and the organization to hit in free agency with some team players and also the draft. I don't know about everyone else but I am tired of us finishing less than or right around the 500 mark. When need something to hi five each other about. I am really pulling for him with the help of Coach Philbin to get the necessary play makers in here so we can get back to prideful Miami Dolphin football.
    Last edited by Fin Fan in Cali; 02-27-2013 at 11:37 PM.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Hokies class of 2016

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox Logo
    the amount of pages of comments on this in 1 day is hilarious
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There should be no "for or "against". Ofcourse you dont always have to agree with the personel moves, but honestly there should be support no matter who it is up there. This man was hired by OUR organization. Weather he makes bone headed moves or not, at the end of the day he's still a big part of the Miami Dolphins organization. So me? I'm for whoever it is in that position trying their damned hardest to build a winning NFL franchise.
    The superior man blames himself. The inferior man blames others.

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
    Vince Lombardi

Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus View Post
    I have made it known that I really would like a new GM and front office here but if Ireland can prove me wrong and get us into the playoffs next season I would change my opinion of him. For all the ireland supporters on this board I have a question- What would it take for you to want him out of here? Would another 6-10 or 7-9 season do it? Are you giving him another 2 more years no matter what?
    He would have to botch this offseason...the past two offseasons when it was clear we were setting up for a big haul this season I wasn't too worried about making a "splash"

We need to fill a ton of holes with the resources we have
    Supporter of logic and organizational consistency

Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    He would have to botch this offseason...the past two offseasons when it was clear we were setting up for a big haul this season I wasn't too worried about making a "splash"

We need to fill a ton of holes with the resources we have
    It wasnt about a splash it was about filling holes on offense and defense that were attainable and signing crap like Nannee, Marshall and Hicks were not good moves
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So who has changed their mind? I still want him gone and let the new gm pick a coach or keep philbin.
    Quote Quote