Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: For the Ireland Supporters

1. -11
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
Message: I saw the PS controller so I figured you'd like the PS logo as well.1972 Dolphins LogoPS4 ControllerMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91

Re: For the Ireland Supporters

Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    No....it's win or get fired this year for Ireland. Not "this continuing to show progress" stuff. That could mean a 8-8 or 9-7 non playoff year this season but according to you that's showing progress and he stays. Playoffs or Ireland is gone this year. Period. No acceptions.
    good for your. Doesnt change my view though. We wont be a playoff team this year its too big a gap in one year.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    good for your. Doesnt change my view though. We wont be a playoff team this year ita too big a gap in one year.
    we were still in playoff contention week 16 last year. We are on the cusp, and like I mentioned before Dan Carpenter single handedly blew 2 wins for us early in the season.
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikema View Post
    I could care less whether you're as a dolphin fans or nots, and why in the worlds would you think I woulds? You means nothing to me, and you never haves, and you nevers will unless you're willing to gives me a incredibly large amounts of money for nothings. I've been a dolphins fans since 1970, hell yeah I want them to win, but I go in anywheres regardlesses.
    Okay...? LOL.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
    we were still in playoff contention week 16 last year. We are on the cusp, and like I mentioned before Dan Carpenter single handedly blew 2 wins for us early in the season.
    "We were playoff contenders, if only...."

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/923...03737D618EA007

"We were playoff contenders, if only...."

"We were playoff contenders, if only Carpenter hadnt missed his kicks!"

Same song, different year. Good teams are able to succeed even if their kickers screw the pooch a few times. For us it sinks our season.

And had Carpenter really screwed us that badly, our general manager probably should have replaced him. Heck, Carpenter has been missing kicks for years, why were we put in this position in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Leave Users Titles Alone!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oneida County, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have been a fan of his for one reason - I am a Dolphin fan, and I think he is still a member of the Miami Dolphins front office. I come to this site to get new information, not to proselytize. If I knew more than Mr. Ireland I would be in the business of football. Again, since some of the low information users here refuse to understand about control and decision making, they lay all of the blame for the Dolphins troubles at Irelands door. Parcells and Sporano drafted poorly during their time here - was Ireland GM, yes but Parcells was the FINAL decision maker then - put down the game controller and read something about Parcells and his well known decision making control - Were you in the room when Tuna and Tony said Pat White is next - Do you know for fact that Ireland agreed or maybe declined? Something we will never know - but the blame goes to Ireland because he was the GM...I think Mr. Ireland gets this year to prove his value. If he drafts as successfully this year as he has the last two there will be many disappointed users here at Finheaven.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anvil35 View Post
    I have been a fan of his for one reason - I am a Dolphin fan, and I think he is still a member of the Miami Dolphins front office. I come to this site to get new information, not to proselytize. If I knew more than Mr. Ireland I would be in the business of football. Again, since some of the low information users here refuse to understand about control and decision making, they lay all of the blame for the Dolphins troubles at Irelands door. Parcells and Sporano drafted poorly during their time here - was Ireland GM, yes but Parcells was the FINAL decision maker then - put down the game controller and read something about Parcells and his well known decision making control - Were you in the room when Tuna and Tony said Pat White is next - Do you know for fact that Ireland agreed or maybe declined? Something we will never know - but the blame goes to Ireland because he was the GM...I think Mr. Ireland gets this year to prove his value. If he drafts as successfully this year as he has the last two there will be many disappointed users here at Finheaven.
    Yes, we all know that this as Ireland has indirectly already layed blame on Parcells for some past draft decisions. So we have an innept GM that had no true GM authority during most of Parcells tenure and now the last couple years he has??? Is that a better excuse for him or worse for defending his job ???? Sorry, but look at the history of deals he has and repeatedly has not made. Comments to prospective draft picks (your momma a prostitute?). Repeated comments from coaches who turned us down over the two years we were looking. Etc Etc.
    I wish people would stop defending this behavior!
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The answer, 9 or 10 wins and playoff contention, period. This BS about the previous regimes is just that, BS. Ireland has set himself up to succeed with this draft... or not. I have been softly on the Ireland side of the fence for the past 2 years and see progress, but that's no longer enough. Many pieces are in place, some glaring holes exist so now it's time for him to earn his title.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Middletown, Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At this point it doesn't matter whether you like Ireland or don't like Ireland, he's our GM and we're stuck with him for better or worse. Best thing we can all do is hope for the best and give the new players our support.

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

For the Ireland Supporters

I don't find this issue that complicated. They chose a qb - and yes u could argue we should've drafted Matt Ryan - in Henne, he showed promise, so Ireland gave him time. It was the correct approach, just the wrong QB. He was given a do over, and so now, with the promise shown last season by Tannehill, the pressure is on to win and compete IN THE PLAYOFFS. And with the right offseason moves I feel that it's perfectly achievable
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've seen enough, turn the corner of get the **** out. 8-8 or worse and he is gone, 9-7 depends on the how the 9-7 unfolds, 10-6 or better is what I want out of this team this year.
    Hold My Beer and Watch This!
    Quote Quote