Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: For the Ireland Supporters

1. -21
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Ireland has to see the team fight for a playoff spot, if not get it. Obviously something is different as Ireland has taken more scouts this year to the combine than he has in past years.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am guessing the people that answered by questioning fan status or by saying that they will root for the team through thick and thin have no criteria for the front office to meet. Also I realize that we as fans have no power to cause any change to the front office situation but we also have no power to enact imaginary trades and free agent pickups but we have fun doing that on this board as well. Thank you to all the people who actually gave an answer to the question posed, it helps me understand your point of view a little better.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I too am an old timer who doesn't believe in the knee jerk reaction. What will show up more is because this year he has cap and draft picks and no one looking over his shoulder like Parcells. If he falters then Ross should look to a replacement. He will still need help from coaches and scheduling. I do believe we go playoff this point forward.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by erralyn View Post
    I won't put words in their mouth, but my opinion is you will get few Ireland supporters who will state right now that they will withdraw their support after another sub-500 season. They will make sure they have wiggle room if he is retained.
    Bull****. sub-500 and he won't have any supporters. this is it. winning season and playoffs or he's gone.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

GM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus View Post
    I have made it known that I really would like a new GM and front office here but if Ireland can prove me wrong and get us into the playoffs next season I would change my opinion of him.
    I have been opposed to Ireland in all the posts I have made on the forum and to be frank I need to chill out. Negative thinking is never the right way to go. I will thus think positively with the hopes that our GM will indeed make the right moves. We are all together on this - to make our Miami Dolphins a contender. So I am from this point looking at Ireland in a new way. He will get it done. We must believe he will...get it done.
    -

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus View Post
    I am guessing the people that answered by questioning fan status or by saying that they will root for the team through thick and thin have no criteria for the front office to meet. Also I realize that we as fans have no power to cause any change to the front office situation but we also have no power to enact imaginary trades and free agent pickups but we have fun doing that on this board as well. Thank you to all the people who actually gave an answer to the question posed, it helps me understand your point of view a little better.
    I suppose i didnt answer your original question, my apologies. Im not a Ireland supporter, but because of the history of this forum i feel erralyn hit the nail on the head. People might be filled with conviction now, but give themselves wiggle room to change their "vote" after next season.

When we have a losing season next year i feel fans will suggest our draft class showed potential and give the team a mulligan because of how hard our schedule is. They will advocate keeping him because of the "quality" of the rookies he brought in. If he is actually fired, i believe those same fans will slam him relentlessly. I base this prediction on the behavior i witnessed after Sparano was fired.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    IMO, we need to make the playoffs. I want ireland to succeed and I don't like to sit around criticize him for his mistakes in the past. I just want everything to work out for the better of our team and I hope ireland is our successful gm for the next 5-10 years. However if we don't land a spot in the playoffs this year , I believe it is time to make a change at our gm position in 2014.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In truth, is it Ireland's fault that we did not make the playoffs last season or is Carpenter's fault? Those field goals would of given us a winning season last year. And yes I understand that Ireland did select Carpenter in his first year as a Dolphin GM. Still...
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ???
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash: