Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: For the Ireland Supporters

1. -41
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by BC26 View Post
    So are you suggesting we sign a handful of older veterans so that we aren't young? You must be one of the guys that thinks we should chase Cullen Jenkins and Michael Turner. The average age of the team will go up, so naturally we will win more games, right?
    No I'm suggesting it is the same old tired excuses! Guess what those young players from 08, 09&10 are one the way out the door.

The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Restore the greatness!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikema View Post
    What you Ireland critics failed to realize is most fans loyalties lie deeper than your usual knee-jerk reactions. I could care less whether you're a dolphin fan or not, and why in the world would you think I would? You mean nothing to me, and you never have, and you never will unless you're willing to give me an incredibly large amount of money for nothing. I've been a dolphin fan since 1970, hell yeah I want them to win, but I go in anywhere regardless.
    Uh, no. My loyalty is to the Miami Dolphins and if I believe the person in charge of bringing in talent over the last five years hasn't done a good job of it, then I want that person gone. A five year analysis of his work isn't knee-jerk. Is Jeff Ireland the worst GM in the league? I don't believe so. But I don't believe he has the eye to consistently bring enough talent to make this team a Super Bowl team.

Ricky Williams: the greatest back in Miami Dolphins history

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by endorPHINS72 View Post
    Uh, no. My loyalty is to the Miami Dolphins and if I believe the person in charge of bringing in talent over the last five years hasn't done a good job of it, then I want that person gone. A five year analysis of his work isn't knee-jerk. Is Jeff Ireland the worst GM in the league? I don't believe so. But I don't believe he has the eye to consistently bring enough talent to make this team a Super Bowl team.
    Well said.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus View Post
    I have made it known that I really would like a new GM and front office here but if Ireland can prove me wrong and get us into the playoffs next season I would change my opinion of him. For all the ireland supporters on this board I have a question- What would it take for you to want him out of here? Would another 6-10 or 7-9 season do it? Are you giving him another 2 more years no matter what?
    I wouldn't have minded if Ireland was let go before last year, but when we retained him IMO at that point we were stuck with him for a minimum of 2-years. I don't believe in turning things over again and again. IMO it's one of the main reasons our franchise has suffered the last 10-years or so.

I won't say if we don't make the play-offs he needs to go, but we need to be at least 9-7 and there needs to be a positive feeling about where the franchise is heading. Especially concerning our offense, and with Tannehill's progress within that offense. I'd also like to add it's more important to have a positive feeling than the results of final record. Ireland shares in a lot of the blame when the TUNA was here, but the TUNA was such an egomaniac it only seems fair to allow Ireland a little rope to hang himself. If that positive feeling is not there, as much as I hate it, I say we throw them ALL OUT and start all over again.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Just to clear up, we dont know if hes a "free agent". When they announced Ross had resigned Ireland, they refused to reveal the years. The media speculated that it was 2 years because thats how long Sparano's extension was. That rings false to me, as Ross made it apparent that he intended to keep Ireland after he fired Sparano(apparent because the Harbaugh thing...and the fact he did keep Ireland).
    Omar actually said on wqam this season Irelands contract ran through 2015 (maybe 2016, don't remember exactly), he said it all nonchalantly and I remember the host freaking out, the conversation went something like this:

Host: Well we'll see what happens when Ireland's contract is up after next season..
    Omar: His contract isn't up until 2015
    Host: WHAT!?! BACK UP, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!
    Omar: Huh, you didn't know that, I thought it was common knowledge. Oh yeah, he's under contract through 2015.

Take that for what its worth, it was a strange conversation and I have no links but Omar seemed to think Ireland would be under contract for at least 2 more seasons.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    I suppose i didnt answer your original question, my apologies. Im not a Ireland supporter, but because of the history of this forum i feel erralyn hit the nail on the head. People might be filled with conviction now, but give themselves wiggle room to change their "vote" after next season.

When we have a losing season next year i feel fans will suggest our draft class showed potential and give the team a mulligan because of how hard our schedule is. They will advocate keeping him because of the "quality" of the rookies he brought in. If he is actually fired, i believe those same fans will slam him relentlessly. I base this prediction on the behavior i witnessed after Sparano was fired.
    Where I always get confused is why would someone who is a Dolphins fan support Ireland? I assume none of us are his family. I guess I miss the connection. Are you implying those ppl just love anything that has the Miami Dolphins in front of it? If so, how insulting is that?

For me the way I see it is the ppl who are always calling for ppl to get fired or whatever are just frustrated GM's. Short of winning a title the same ppl do the same things. I've seen it since 1997 on these MBoards. It seems at times they think they know more than the paid professionals. I tend to think the ppl who support what we have simply try and deal with the reality of the situation. Even if we don't like the decision, the Dolphins are still our team, why make it a negative thing? This is supposed to be our hobbies, yes? I guess I don't understand the frame of mind.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by endorPHINS72 View Post
    I think specifically with this subject, this seems to be the root issue. You either believe the TUNA had final say when he was here or you don't. If you believe the TUNA was in TOTAL control, you tend to give Ireland a bit more leeway. And if you believe Ireland has been in control the entire time, it's understandable to not see any upside there.

My thing is the TUNA hired Ireland, and the TUNA has such a large ego there's no way IMO he would even allow Jesus to make the final call.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For the life of me, I listen to people bash Ireland, then I see your answers to solve the problem and all I see is Madden.

But I got news for you all, you can poo poo the man all you want, but it will do no good, you know why? Cus we are going places! Joe Philbin is the reason why, then Ryan Tannehill.

We are so set up to succeed its not funny and timing is everything is my favorite cliche.

Last year all I heard was all about Ireland and how bad he is and how we shouldnt draft RT. Then after the draft, everything Ireland dissapeared. You people were no where to be seen. Your like leeches.

Fact is, Ireland's downfall is he started out a rookie GM under Parsells toutalage. Then he set out to collaboratively work with Sparano to get guys with some of them guys Sparano pounded the table for.

Well, here we are today and the guy running this football team is Joe Philbin. Most people didnt even want the guy and thought he looked like the old Miami U coach and made a little fun of him. Well, Philbin is well respected around the league and you should clearly have seen the difference in drafts from last year to Sparano years. This year should be even better but of course, he will get poo pooed until reality sinks in again and what you will soon realize is that we will be playng with more of a full deck as opposed to Legadu no no starting. I cant even friggin believe we were a couple of FG's and a close game with Indy and SF away from actually doing something starting out with friggin legadu naanee!!!!!

People who hate Ireland will always hate Ireland. It doesnt matter what we do next year even if we go to the playoffs, once you hate someone, thats it, you dont change your mind. Your just fooling yourself. If you cant see the progress, you wont see it next year. But Joe Philbin will be the real reason for success because Ireland works closely with his HC to buy the groceries. You should love that in these days of the ego. To think that people cannot see that Pouncey was a great pick because its not a skill position, as if you need to draft a skill position in round one no matter what according to what the media sets as the value of what a friggin football player is.

whateva! Im just going to enjoy this offseason knowing I got a QB, and if we land Swope, we got ourselves a real playmaker that no one even thinks belongs in the 2nd round cus he doesnt sound great! hehehehe! whateva!

FA: Dmitiri Patterson (Vet min.w/ incentives)
    1. Zach Martin OT
    2. Bishop Sankey RB
    3. Brandon Thomas G/T
    4. Max Bullough ILB
    5. Crockett Gilmore TE
    6. Brandon Linder G/T
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why I support Ireland this year is because of last years draft class plus Philbin. I counted 10 college rookies contributing on last years roster. All the Ireland hater conveniently overlook Thigpen a free agent pickup last year and bring up the missed and toward the end of the year I like the street free agents like Patterson and some of the young college free agent offensive line men. He also resigned Wake and Pual S. good moves. In reality and I have said this many times I thought RT and Philbin were bad decisions last year and I posted I felt Ireland was on a very short leash and would volunteer to run him out of town. Well I cannot blame the guy on one hand and not give him credit on the other like most of Ireland haters continently do. Moving on I also believe that many of our losses were a product of Tony S after seeping him perform with the Jets. Ok that covers reasons to support the guy.

First Ireland needs to close as many holes as possible with as many of our own free agents as he can reasonably afford to do. Recently they polled the top 50 NFL free agents and the Phins had 20 percent of them.
    I believe that Clemons, Fasano should be retained because they are cheap (3 million per year each) and fill voids until replacements can be found, Starks they should use the franchise tag on him he has been a good player but is getting older so the tag fits him pretty well, Sean Smith would be my next target if he is willing to stay and be reasonable I would hate to pay him 8 million but I would because loosing Davis last year and Smith just leaves to large a hole, next target would be Hartline at 5 million and either Bush or Moore at around 5 million to decide to choose to sign from and I would go with bush first as he provide another weapon instead of a replacement with approximate 10 million to spend on Wallace. Restructure the contracts of Marshall and Patterson would give us the room for the rookie class. We have holes at tackle and backup QB which Ireland has to roll for in the draft.
    This leaved us in a better postion to attempt to draft the best player available but let face it this team would still have needs at DE pass rusher, CB, OT and TE. If Irland did all of the above or appeared to have really tried to make it happen and get the same amount of college rookies to make the team this year as well as last then I say Ireland has done his job regardless of losses. I personally have concerns that Sherman might be more of a problem than a solution. I would say if Ireland could pull off a really good DE in the first round, TE and CB in then second round, OL and Safty in third, RB in 4th if Bush is not resigned, 5th round would be a QB or LB according to if Moore is signed and in the 7th round kicker and probably another LB. If all but let's say like last year 2 do not make the team plus let's say 3 college free agent rookies from this year or last year make the team then guys it is a success. You keep Ireland and start evaluating the coaching staff.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    Where I always get confused is why would someone who is a Dolphins fan support Ireland? I assume none of us are his family. I guess I miss the connection. Are you implying those ppl just love anything that has the Miami Dolphins in front of it? If so, how insulting is that?

For me the way I see it is the ppl who are always calling for ppl to get fired or whatever are just frustrated GM's. Short of winning a title the same ppl do the same things. I've seen it since 1997 on these MBoards. It seems at times they think they know more than the paid professionals. I tend to think the ppl who support what we have simply try and deal with the reality of the situation. Even if we don't like the decision, the Dolphins are still our team, why make it a negative thing? This is supposed to be our hobbies, yes? I guess I don't understand the frame of mind.
    Im more than implying that, i bluntly stated it in an earlier post. Every organization has individuals who feel it can do no wrong. Every company has yes men. People deify those they admire, even if the thing the person is famous for has nothing to do with ethics. You find that offensive, i say its human behavior. Its just a behavior i have very little regard for. As someone who forms my opinions based on evidence and logic, i find peoples sycophantic tendencies to be frustrating, albeit one i recognize.

And football, and the Miami Dolphins specifically, are hobbies. Some of us like our hobbies to be fun. We have an emotionally attachment to our hobby because at one point in time it was fun. Its not fun when the Miami Dolphins lose. In order to have fun again, we would like them to win. If someone had the hobby of building model planes they wouldnt want the planes to come out flawed. If someone had the hobby of sailing boats they wouldnt want the boat to only be in stuck in place.
    As well, just because something is a hobby doesnt mean we are blind to reality. The Miami Dolphins are, at the moment, a bad team. Thats reality. Only saying great things about a bad team isnt "trying to deal with the reality", its indulging in denial.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote