Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: For the Ireland Supporters

1. -71
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Most others(for example: Mike Berardino, Armando Salguero, Ben Volin) have said Ireland's contract expires after this season. If I am looking for breaking news or real inside information Omar Kelly is one of the LAST ones I would listen to or trust. If everyone else says one thing and he says another, I am going with the majority, especially when we are talking about Omar. He hardly ever breaks stories or hits on his reports. The guy couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

I would love to hear this audio Omar had, if it even exists.
    The Dolphins announced Saturday morning that Ireland had signed a “multiyear extension” on a contract that had been set to expire after the 2011 season. It’s possible Ireland’s contract now runs beyond 2013 as why else would the team not be specific in this case as they were with Sparano’s new deal?
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...-contract.html

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross has awarded general manager Jeff Ireland a multi-year contract extension, keeping Ireland and head coach Tony Sparano under contract through at least the 2013 season.
    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...act-extension/

Theres Berardino and Violin.

Ive actually been looking for a definitive answer to Ireland's contract, could you please post where you got the information?
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Omar seems to be alone in this thought (no surprise). I have read several articles and all indicate his contract expires at the end of this season. He was given a 2 year extension at the same time Sparano was in 2011.
    Save for bleacher reporter, ive only read it was an "multi-year" extension. Not one had an exact date. I've been looking for the info, could you please link the article(s) youve read?
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...-contract.html

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...act-extension/

Theres Berardino and Violin.

Ive actually been looking for a definitive answer to Ireland's contract, could you please post where you got the information?
    You just linked two articles from the day the contract was extended, when details are always few and still not completely known. I am talking about much more recent articles by these writers, not the minutes afterward.

Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    You just linked two articles from the day the contract was extended, when details are always few and still not completely known. I am talking about much more recent articles by these writers, not the minutes afterward.
    Ive searched for them and been unable to find them, its something ive looked up at various times. Could you please link the articles?
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Ive searched for them and been unable to find them, its something ive looked up at various times. Could you please link the articles?
    Was one of the first few results that came up on Google for me:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sp...-to-avo/nWX4M/

How important is this offseason for GM Jeff Ireland, whose contract expires after the 2013 season? He emptied out the Dolphins’ training facility last week, inviting every coach, scout and front office executive – pretty much everyone but the secretaries and night watchmen – to Indianapolis to help scout draft prospects.
    That was just from 4 days ago, which is much more recent and relevant than the that three year old article.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I gave a detailed outline of why I would keep Ireland and why we should this year if he does the following.
    1.Has as good or better college draft this year as last year. Why because "Coach Phibin" has declared thats the priority of how he want to build his team through the college draft.
    2. Identifies the Dolphins top free agents he wants to keep and resigns them just like he did last year with Cameron Wake and Paul Saloi.
    3. Identifies and sign top free agents available like Marcus Thigpin and avoids signing injury prone players like Artis Hicks, David Gerard and R. Marshall like he did last year.

If does not do that and we still have a winning record then I am board with dismissing him if does do that and we have a loosing record I am still on board with retaining Ireland and probably letting a buy like Sherman go instead.

I will state the reason to have faith is last years draft was differnent in the types of players we chose compared to past drafts which give me confidence.
    I will also state I have lost some faith from last year when Vonte Smith was traded which created one of the 2 major weaknesses on the team connerback and wide reciever and while not a Brandon Marshall fan due to his additude when you realize the difference talent wise with both those guys what we had on the team last year that either Philbin, Ireland or both could not make it work for the greater good of the team it worries me. I keep going back to Shula when we won consistently and he changed his game plan to fit his talent not the other way around that I have seen and had to endure since he has left the Dolphins and is a huge reason we are loosing IMO>
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    I wouldn't have minded if Ireland was let go before last year, but when we retained him IMO at that point we were stuck with him for a minimum of 2-years. I don't believe in turning things over again and again. IMO it's one of the main reasons our franchise has suffered the last 10-years or so...
    I agree. We need to stop the churning. With each coaching change there comes a new scheme and certain player profiles along with it. We are making progress. Let's stay the course for a while and see what we can do.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SWS84 View Post
    I agree. We need to stop the churning. With each coaching change there comes a new scheme and certain player profiles along with it. We are making progress. Let's stay the course for a while and see what we can do.
    It hasnt been the constant churning its been having one coach quit on us, then followed by the horrible hire of Cam Cameron. huzienga sought to fix this by bringing in a respected football mind but failed to pay attention that Parcells was a gun for hire that quit on every team he has been involved with. We gave Sparano and Irleland as much time as most football teams would. No team just keeps coaches and gms that continually churn out losing teams.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    It hasnt been the constant churning its been having one coach quit on us, then followed by the horrible hire of Cam Cameron. huzienga sought to fix this by bringing in a respected football mind but failed to pay attention that Parcells was a gun for hire that quit on every team he has been involved with. We gave Sparano and Irleland as much time as most football teams would. No team just keeps coaches and gms that continually churn out losing teams.
    Yes, but again, it appears you place ZERO blame on the TUNA when he was here. Keeping Ireland was not a bad move after the TUNA left, it was possibly a bad move to keep him after we let Sparano go.

As it stands now, or rather before this off-season started, bringing in a new GM to work with Philbin would seem like an odd move. IMO the only way that kind of move would make sense is if we let Philbin go as well. I don't agree with that, because I think Philbin is a good HC.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    Yes, but again, it appears you place ZERO blame on the TUNA when he was here. Keeping Ireland was not a bad move after the TUNA left, it was possibly a bad move to keep him after we let Sparano go.

As it stands now, or rather before this off-season started, bringing in a new GM to work with Philbin would seem like an odd move. IMO the only way that kind of move would make sense is if we let Philbin go as well. I don't agree with that, because I think Philbin is a good HC.
    I only agree at this point it is too late to fire ireland, he should have been fired along with Sparano. I dont think Philben and Ireland's fate should be co dependent this season. If ireland does not get job done this year lets please find a gm and lets get the damn path to winning on the way. I have never absolved Parcells of the disaster we have become I was against his hire because we needed a long term guy and Parcells was and is always a quitter. Parcells and Ireland have done a subpar job here in Miami to this point, Ireland has another chance so maybe he will make most of it, i wouldnt bet my hard earned money on it.
    Quote Quote