Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 109

Thread: For the Ireland Supporters

  1. -81
    SWS84's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2002
    Posts:
    1,546
    vCash:
    3030
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    It hasnt been the constant churning its been having one coach quit on us, then followed by the horrible hire of Cam Cameron. huzienga sought to fix this by bringing in a respected football mind but failed to pay attention that Parcells was a gun for hire that quit on every team he has been involved with. We gave Sparano and Irleland as much time as most football teams would. No team just keeps coaches and gms that continually churn out losing teams.
    I see your point. With all that has happened, it has seemed like churning to me. Your recap is interesting. As much as I liked Huzienga as our owner, it seems he made some really bad hires that have obvioulsy set our franchise back. I guess that's water under the bridge now, though. The main point I was making is Philbin seems like a good coach and I think Ireland is doing a decent job as GM. Let's give them a little time to work together before we start calling for somebody's head.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -82
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    31,592
    vCash:
    24219
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SWS84 View Post
    I see your point. With all that has happened, it has seemed like churning to me. Your recap is interesting. As much as I liked Huzienga as our owner, it seems he made some really bad hires that have obvioulsy set our franchise back. I guess that's water under the bridge now, though. The main point I was making is Philbin seems like a good coach and I think Ireland is doing a decent job as GM. Let's give them a little time to work together before we start calling for somebody's head.
    I agree for the most part philben seems like a good coach, totally disagree on ireland he has had his ups and downs but to me has made some major mistakes that have kept us below average like last years receiver corp and corners. No excuses for that mess
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

  3. -83
    SWS84's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2002
    Posts:
    1,546
    vCash:
    3030
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I agree for the most part philben seems like a good coach, totally disagree on ireland he has had his ups and downs but to me has made some major mistakes that have kept us below average like last years receiver corp and corners. No excuses for that mess
    With respect, I think people are over simplifying things sometimes when it comes to building a team.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -84
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    31,592
    vCash:
    24219
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SWS84 View Post
    With respect, I think people are over simplifying things sometimes when it comes to building a team.
    i personally dont think so. You have a team that has been offensively defient for a few years and you make the receiving corps weaker without a solid plan in place, thats not a recipe for success. You turn a possible strength in secondary to a weakness. You draft year after year and throw money at line and its still no where close to a top line. We did not help our rookie qb by giving him suppar weapons
    Quote Quote  

  5. -85
    phintim's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    3,752
    vCash:
    3384
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    i personally dont think so. You have a team that has been offensively defient for a few years and you make the receiving corps weaker without a solid plan in place, thats not a recipe for success. You turn a possible strength in secondary to a weakness. You draft year after year and throw money at line and its still no where close to a top line. We did not help our rookie qb by giving him suppar weapons
    I hear you but disagree on parts of your observations. Ricky and Ronnie provided a very solid running game along with decent play form Chad Pennington, later Marshall provided the stud reciever. The issue was using Parcells blue print in the beginnig of not drafting QB's in the first round during our first draft, letting the wild cat provide us enought sucess that first year that it over shadowed the defencies still in place on a team that went 1-15 the year before. "If" Henne had played that first year with no wild cat it would have become much more apparent much earlier he and probably Sporano were not going to work out. That first year under Parcells and the sucess caused lots of issues. Henne career here would have more than likely been 2 year istead of 4 and we would have moved on much earlier than we did. Thats IMO. I keep going back to the groceries and the cook thing that Parcells like to use that if the groceires were bad he could not cook them correctly in the same fashion though you can have great groceries and a bad cook.
    Philbin appears to be the better cook even when cooking Sporanos groceries. Last years draft was much different than the pasts indicating to me that Ireland is willing to change his draft phlilospy to match the coach. Now what you missed saying is really last year we had the offensive talent as well as defensive talent on the team and traded it away that we needed to make a run in hindsight to the playoffs. Do you now consider those trades a mistake?
    Quote Quote  

  6. -86
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    31,592
    vCash:
    24219
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    I hear you but disagree on parts of your observations. Ricky and Ronnie provided a very solid running game along with decent play form Chad Pennington, later Marshall provided the stud reciever. The issue was using Parcells blue print in the beginnig of not drafting QB's in the first round during our first draft, letting the wild cat provide us enought sucess that first year that it over shadowed the defencies still in place on a team that went 1-15 the year before. "If" Henne had played that first year with no wild cat it would have become much more apparent much earlier he and probably Sporano were not going to work out. That first year under Parcells and the sucess caused lots of issues. Henne career here would have more than likely been 2 year istead of 4 and we would have moved on much earlier than we did. Thats IMO. I keep going back to the groceries and the cook thing that Parcells like to use that if the groceires were bad he could not cook them correctly in the same fashion though you can have great groceries and a bad cook.
    Philbin appears to be the better cook even when cooking Sporanos groceries. Last years draft was much different than the pasts indicating to me that Ireland is willing to change his draft phlilospy to match the coach. Now what you missed saying is really last year we had the offensive talent as well as defensive talent on the team and traded it away that we needed to make a run in hindsight to the playoffs. Do you now consider those trades a mistake?
    I have considered these trades mistakes for multiple reasons. You trade a pro bowl receiver for 3rd rounders but make no effort to fill that hole and u had draft and free agency, as for Vontae the trade value wise was ok but no plan to cover that position. marshall isnt half the starting cb that Vontae is. In fact Davis was best corner in our secondary his whole time here
    Quote Quote  

  7. -87
    SWS84's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2002
    Posts:
    1,546
    vCash:
    3030
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    I hear you but disagree on parts of your observations. Ricky and Ronnie provided a very solid running game along with decent play form Chad Pennington, later Marshall provided the stud reciever. The issue was using Parcells blue print in the beginnig of not drafting QB's in the first round during our first draft, letting the wild cat provide us enought sucess that first year that it over shadowed the defencies still in place on a team that went 1-15 the year before. "If" Henne had played that first year with no wild cat it would have become much more apparent much earlier he and probably Sporano were not going to work out. That first year under Parcells and the sucess caused lots of issues. Henne career here would have more than likely been 2 year istead of 4 and we would have moved on much earlier than we did. Thats IMO. I keep going back to the groceries and the cook thing that Parcells like to use that if the groceires were bad he could not cook them correctly in the same fashion though you can have great groceries and a bad cook.
    Philbin appears to be the better cook even when cooking Sporanos groceries. Last years draft was much different than the pasts indicating to me that Ireland is willing to change his draft phlilospy to match the coach. Now what you missed saying is really last year we had the offensive talent as well as defensive talent on the team and traded it away that we needed to make a run in hindsight to the playoffs. Do you now consider those trades a mistake?
    Yep. It looks like Philbin actually has a recipe and knows how to communicate it to Ireland whereas Sparano didn't and couldn't . :-)
    Quote Quote  

  8. -88
    PhinSoldia's Avatar
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    3,740
    vCash:
    3256
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    i personally dont think so. You have a team that has been offensively defient for a few years and you make the receiving corps weaker without a solid plan in place, thats not a recipe for success. You turn a possible strength in secondary to a weakness. You draft year after year and throw money at line and its still no where close to a top line. We did not help our rookie qb by giving him suppar weapons

    lockz the rookie wasnt supposed to play, the "plan" hypothetically was to let Garrard waste away while we figured out if these recievers were any good, we were playing for this offseason...even you can see that right?
    Follow me on Twitter.. @DSEmpire_BA

    For My work http://dynastysportsempire.com/author/brent-antonio/
    Quote Quote  

  9. -89
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    31,592
    vCash:
    24219
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    I hear you but disagree on parts of your observations. Ricky and Ronnie provided a very solid running game along with decent play form Chad Pennington, later Marshall provided the stud reciever. The issue was using Parcells blue print in the beginnig of not drafting QB's in the first round during our first draft, letting the wild cat provide us enought sucess that first year that it over shadowed the defencies still in place on a team that went 1-15 the year before. "If" Henne had played that first year with no wild cat it would have become much more apparent much earlier he and probably Sporano were not going to work out. That first year under Parcells and the sucess caused lots of issues. Henne career here would have more than likely been 2 year istead of 4 and we would have moved on much earlier than we did. Thats IMO. I keep going back to the groceries and the cook thing that Parcells like to use that if the groceires were bad he could not cook them correctly in the same fashion though you can have great groceries and a bad cook.
    Philbin appears to be the better cook even when cooking Sporanos groceries. Last years draft was much different than the pasts indicating to me that Ireland is willing to change his draft phlilospy to match the coach. Now what you missed saying is really last year we had the offensive talent as well as defensive talent on the team and traded it away that we needed to make a run in hindsight to the playoffs. Do you now consider those trades a mistake?
    I dont adhere to 1st round qb rule although u have to address the most important position over what we were addressing. We just didnt prioritize qb, Im not sure our attitude has changed I just think Sherman thought alot of Tannehill and made Ireland and Philben believers. I think we wanted to draft qb the previous year just our guys were gone. I dont see our drafts being so different last year. Yes we drafted a Qb high but outside of that the draft stategy to me seemed no different. We did draft qb's under PArcells/ Ireland just not right ones. Not drafting a key need such a wr until late in draft was pretty much vintage Ireland. Too busy trying to be the smartest guy in the room in his mind
    Quote Quote  

  10. -90
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    31,592
    vCash:
    24219
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinSoldia View Post
    lockz the rookie wasnt supposed to play, the "plan" hypothetically was to let Garrard waste away while we figured out if these recievers were any good, we were playing for this offseason...even you can see that right?
    Doesn matter who the qb is, you dont put that below average group of receivers out there. hell if that was the plan then he should have been fired.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 01:06 AM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 08:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •