Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Slimm's 2013 Position Rankings

1. -11
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    IMHO Ertz is the best TE in the draft. In round 3 he would be an absolute steal.

As the sleeper of the bunch, I think we need to try to draft that Jordan Reed. I see him as an upgrade to the Clay role. He has better open field ability than Clay.

At RB, Gillislee is the sleeper IMHO. In round 4, he is a steal.

The only 2 QBs I kinda like in this draft are Nassib and Wilson.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    I like your WR list. Im with you on Bailey of course as I have been saying for months he is the best WR of the bunch.

Im really starting to like Keenan Allen's ability as I have seen more of him. I would not mind taking him at 12 if we had to and then pick up Bailey in the 2nd or 3rd if he fell.

I like Goodwin and Dobson as sleepers in this group.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    I'd love to hear a breakdown from the resident experts on Chris Gragg. I had never heard of him before the combine, but saw his 40 time, and looked up what is readily available on him on the net, and nothing exceptional was written about him as a prospect. It appears he was playing injured his senior season, and I'm sure that affected his production. Does he have anything to offer? What are his strengths (other than speed) and weaknesses? Is he a mid-late round option if we skip on TE early?

Safe assumption that you don't watch much SEC football? If not, here's a thread from way back where I talked about Chris Gragg. Personally, I've been extremely intrigued by this kid since he was a sophomore.

Don't let that 6'3", 245 pound frame fool you. He's one of the best blockers at the position in this class, despite being the best athlete of the tight end group.

Just scroll down a few posts on the first page here...

http://www.finheaven.com/show...rrated+Seniors
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    damn...robert woods #12...keenan allen all the way down at #4...damn
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Slimm's 2013 Position Rankings

What do you dislike about Ertz? Very interested to hear your views, I keep hearing there isnt much between Ertz and Eifert.
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    Landry Jones and Barkley sure lost some money staying another year didn't they? And to think some wanted us to bypass last years impressive QB draft to wait for a shot at Barkley.
    I'm not sure some wanted to bypass last year's QB class as much as they would've preferred Miami just stop winning meaningless games in order to secure a legitimately elite quarterback in Andrew Luck. As it was, Miami could've had the DROY at #8.

Barkley certainly lost money by coming back, but he's still the same quarterback, which is pretty damn good. He should have no problem coming in and throwing more INT's than TD's inbetween batted down passes if that's the standard you're insinuating he live up to.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Keep em coming Dr Slimm. I know I wasnt the only person awaiting this thread.

Quick question. What do you think of this kid from BYU at DE?

Im not a big combine guy, but I have to say Im intrigued after watching him do drills. Seems like a project, but at 12 this could be a great pick for us. He could provide immediate help rushing the passer on 3rd downs opposite Cam Wake, but could totally replace him in 2-3 years when he developes his complete game. Vernon and this kid could be a great book end of the future for the phins. Is he a JPP type who came into the league with raw skills and amazing physical ability that can develope into one of the leagues best DEs?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    What do you dislike about Ertz? Very interested to hear your views, I keep hearing there isnt much between Ertz and Eifert.

It's a little bit of what I like more about the guys ahead of him than what I dislike about Ertz. Although his extremely short arms combined with his lack of vertical eliminates him as the type of seam threat, and mismatch in the passing game that a guy like Eifert brings. There's plenty between Ertz and Eifert. Couple that with the fact that as many as 6 TE's ran better than he did and I believe a 3rd round grade is about right.

I don't have as high a grade on Ertz as I had on Fleener or Dwayne Allen last year.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Keep em coming Dr Slimm. I know I wasnt the only person awaiting this thread.

Quick question. What do you think of this kid from BYU at DE?

Im not a big combine guy, but I have to say Im intrigued after watching him do drills. Seems like a project, but at 12 this could be a great pick for us. He could provide immediate help rushing the passer on 3rd downs opposite Cam Wake, but could totally replace him in 2-3 years when he developes his complete game. Vernon and this kid could be a great book end of the future for the phins. Is he a JPP type who came into the league with raw skills and amazing physical ability that can develope into one of the leagues best DEs?

I like him. He actually tests out better than Pierre-Paul in every single category. But he's a little bit different type of player. I like his ability to by physical at the POA. He's more of a stack-and-shed playmaker as a DE, probably the best stack-and-shed DE I've scouted. I'm not going to call him the next JPP because JPP exceeded any expectations that anyone had. He's good enough to be the #2 DE on my board.

Ansah has impressed me at every opportunity, particularly the position drills you're talking about. The interesting thing is that for a player that I believed played so physical at the POA, I actually thought he rushed the passer better on film from a 2-point stance. Reminds me of Willie McGinnest.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Safe assumption that you don't watch much SEC football? If not, here's a thread from way back where I talked about Chris Gragg. Personally, I've been extremely intrigued by this kid since he was a sophomore.

Don't let that 6'3", 245 pound frame fool you. He's one of the best blockers at the position in this class, despite being the best athlete of the tight end group.

Just scroll down a few posts on the first page here...

http://www.finheaven.com/show...rrated+Seniors
    Nope. You pegged me right. Outside of my Canes, I don't catch lots of other college games, SEC or otherwise. Just don't have the time really. Thanks for taking the time to go into more detail about Gragg, and linking to your prior assessment of him. On the surface it would seem he fits the mold of what the Fins front office was hoping they would get out of Egnew.
    Quote Quote