Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Slimm's 2013 Position Rankings

1. -51
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I take it I'm not doing bad in #MockTwo then. So far I have two of your top 15 players and four of your top 50 players.

You have what now? I apologize, I'm afraid I don't understand.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    You have what now? I apologize, I'm afraid I don't understand.
    Sorry I should explain. There's a writers' mock draft going on right now. They run it through a website called mockone.net and also through twitter. Writers for various teams sign up as General Managers and there are 32 of them. Each General Manager already being a writer for his team, he tends to know his team's needs inside and out, tendencies, etc...and MOST of them do player evaluation (with varying degrees of skill, obviously). You can trade with each other, or just make your picks. It's essentially like a war game in the military but with the Draft, and personally I find it interesting to see what kinds of trends are happening out there with respect to where players could go, that you might find a little unadvertised by traditional draft media.

Right now I'm General Manager of the Dolphins. I took Bjoern Werner at 12 overall, and traded back up into the 1st round to take Cordarrelle Patterson. Then I took Travis Kelce at pick #54. Then I took Shamarko Thomas at pick #82.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry I should explain. There's a writers' mock draft going on right now. They run it through a website called mockone.net and also through twitter. Writers for various teams sign up as General Managers and there are 32 of them. Each General Manager already being a writer for his team, he tends to know his team's needs inside and out, tendencies, etc...and MOST of them do player evaluation (with varying degrees of skill, obviously). You can trade with each other, or just make your picks. It's essentially like a war game in the military but with the Draft, and personally I find it interesting to see what kinds of trends are happening out there with respect to where players could go, that you might find a little unadvertised by traditional draft media.

Right now I'm General Manager of the Dolphins. I took Bjoern Werner at 12 overall, and traded back up into the 1st round to take Cordarrelle Patterson. Then I took Travis Kelce at pick #54. Then I took Shamarko Thomas at pick #82.

I understand. I see it in your sig now... I couldn't figure out what you were talking about when you mentioned getting your hands on two of my top 15 players but you obviously traded up. That's a pretty good haul you got there.

Who the hell are those other writers drafting? Good grief.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I understand. I see it in your sig now... I couldn't figure out what you were talking about when you mentioned getting your hands on two of my top 15 players but you obviously traded up. That's a pretty good haul you got there.

Who the hell are those other writers drafting? Good grief.
    Geno Smith at #1 overall, Barkevious Mingo at #3 overall, etc.

I'm not up again until pick 174. I'm aiming to pick the kid that was so explosive he exploded his own heart. I think he stands a chance at being legitimately one of the top three corners in this class. If he lives.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I'm not up again until pick 174. I'm aiming to pick the kid that was so explosive he exploded his own heart. I think he stands a chance at being legitimately one of the top three corners in this class. If he lives.
    Wasn't he doing interviews at the combine? Crazy stuff. He was so good before that freak thing, will be interesting to see where a team rolls the dice on him, having plenty tape of that ceiling he has. I remember hearing that whatever it was that he tore isn't any more likely to get injured than it was pre-injury - though it was such a rare thing, who knows.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Some comments:

- I can't put Zac Stacy above Franklin and Ball....i like those guys too much.
    - I like the Mike James 5th round grade. I don't think he goes there b/c i think he's undervalued, but he can do a lot from special teams to 3rd down blocking/receiving and spot duty carries. He'll definitely make a roster imo.
    - BIG fan of Kelce. I have him ranked really high as well. Also a fan of Stoneburner....i think he'll be a good value later in the draft. I think you have Ertz a little low though.
    - Wheaton above Keenan Allen? No way. Allen is incredible off the line and runs great routes, is super smooth. I also have Woods much higher. I think he's been overlooked b/c of Marquise Lee.
    - Totally agree on Bostic....think he's a stud inside. Never liked Te'o, so 3rd round is ok with me. Ogletree in the 2nd also makes sense to me....the guy lacks instincts, slow to react, doesn't read keys but athletic as hell....think he's better suited for the outside.
    - I think Arthur Brown is a little low, i'm thinking 2nd round. I also like Gerald Hodges more around the 4th instead of the 6th.
    - Big fan of Hugh Thornton out of Illinois. Most mocks have him in the 4th, which i think is a steal! Glad to see you agree and have him ranked higher. Also like Alvin Bailey. Would like Miami to get either one.
    - Wow, you really blasted Menelik Watson. 7th round for the Brit!!
    - I agree that Shamarko Thomas is completely underrated at the moment due to his height. The guy can fly and hit like a truck. I like Cyprien in the 2nd though.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    Wasn't he doing interviews at the combine? Crazy stuff. He was so good before that freak thing, will be interesting to see where a team rolls the dice on him, having plenty tape of that ceiling he has. I remember hearing that whatever it was that he tore isn't any more likely to get injured than it was pre-injury - though it was such a rare thing, who knows.
    Only the doctors can say. But I heard him say that immediately after surgery, his doctor said he should be back to playing football in something ludicrous like three months. So it might not be as career affecting as we'd assume.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Slimm I was wondering if u had any insight on a wr Ryan Spadola out do Lehigh. He is the son of my mothers co worker. Saw he ran a 4.41 unofficial I believe and I did not see him on your wr listing. Just was looking for some intelligent feedback, I was impressed enough her son got a combine invite but was looking for a little more info if you got it.

thanks
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Slim, can you elaborate on why Carradine is your #1 rated defensive end?
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PSU Cane View Post
    Some comments:

- I can't put Zac Stacy above Franklin and Ball....i like those guys too much.
    - I like the Mike James 5th round grade. I don't think he goes there b/c i think he's undervalued, but he can do a lot from special teams to 3rd down blocking/receiving and spot duty carries. He'll definitely make a roster imo.
    - BIG fan of Kelce. I have him ranked really high as well. Also a fan of Stoneburner....i think he'll be a good value later in the draft. I think you have Ertz a little low though.
    - Wheaton above Keenan Allen? No way. Allen is incredible off the line and runs great routes, is super smooth. I also have Woods much higher. I think he's been overlooked b/c of Marquise Lee.
    - Totally agree on Bostic....think he's a stud inside. Never liked Te'o, so 3rd round is ok with me. Ogletree in the 2nd also makes sense to me....the guy lacks instincts, slow to react, doesn't read keys but athletic as hell....think he's better suited for the outside.
    - I think Arthur Brown is a little low, i'm thinking 2nd round. I also like Gerald Hodges more around the 4th instead of the 6th.
    - Big fan of Hugh Thornton out of Illinois. Most mocks have him in the 4th, which i think is a steal! Glad to see you agree and have him ranked higher. Also like Alvin Bailey. Would like Miami to get either one.
    - Wow, you really blasted Menelik Watson. 7th round for the Brit!!
    - I agree that Shamarko Thomas is completely underrated at the moment due to his height. The guy can fly and hit like a truck. I like Cyprien in the 2nd though.
    i swear psu that you should be a guru...this guy knows how to rate talent folks...in the event i ever get a job which i've already had convos with my wife about pursuing it i'm coming to get ya...
    Last edited by hooshoops; 03-01-2013 at 01:52 AM.
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote