Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Slimm's 2013 Position Rankings

1. -101
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Just off the top of my head I'd say that Janoris Jenkins at the top of the 2nd round was the most recent example of an elite talent slipping. Although we all know why. He was easily a top 10 talent (clean).

The Okafor scenario is pretty cut and dry. I have a higher grade on Okafor as opposed to Bostic. Secondly, we're factoring impact here. A pass rusher affects the game more than an inside linebacker is able to.

All of this is actually much more complicated when it's being explain in detail in my opinion, because my mind automatically calculates all of these factors instantly without conscious effort. Particularly the intangible factors of impact, positional value, etc.
    Last year, my buddies and I had pretty heated arguments as to who was the better player between Jenkins and Gilmore. Felt like I was on crazy pills. I get what you're saying about the explanation making it seem more complicated than it is. Thanks, Slimm.
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Slimm's rankings of our draft

Here's a gem of a thread that is apropos right now....I found myself doing this anyway, so thought I'd share it with the board.

I've simply taken each of our picks through the first 5 rounds and pulled out where they stood in Slimm's rankings. Makes it easy to compare and get a quick feel for 'how we did' according to Slimm.

I've listed each pick with 3 lines.
    First line: Round/position in the round ( overall slot in draft ) Player - Position
    Second line: Slimm's positional ranking - player - valued round
    Third line: slimm's ranking on his big board ( you can compare this directly with the 'overall slot in draft number )

Granted this is from 2/28 but it's the best overall big board I could find...

1.3 ( 3) Dion Jordan - DE
    6. Dion Jordan - 1st round
    19. Dion Jordan / DE / Oregon

2.22 (54) Jamar Taylor - CB
    4. Jamar Taylor - 2nd round
    40. Jamar Taylor / CB / Boise St.

3.15 (77) Dallas Thomas - OT
    16. Dallas Thomas - 4th round (guard)
    173. Dallas Thomas / OG / Tennessee

3.31 (93) Will Davis - CB
    12. Will Davis - 3rd round
    87. Will Davis / CB / Utah St.

4.7 (104) Jelani Jenkins - LB
    12. Jelani Jenkins - 5th round
    208. Jelani Jenkins / LB / Florida

4.9 (106) Dion Sims - TE
    6. Dion Sims* - 3rd round
    72. Dion Sims* / TE / Michigan St.

5.31 (164) Mike Gillislee - RB
    16. Mike Gillislee - 4th round
    162. Mike Gillisliee / RB / Florida

Made me feel better about some of the guys I'd never heard of! Also, as a body of work, we ended up with:
    - one top 6 player
    - 1 2nd rounder
    - 2 3rd rounders
    - 2 4th rounders
    - 1 5th

Which is maybe about average based on the ammo we started out with ( considering we gave up 1 2nd rounder to get the top 6 player ).
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacjunk View Post
    Here's a gem of a thread that is apropos right now....I found myself doing this anyway, so thought I'd share it with the board.

I've simply taken each of our picks through the first 5 rounds and pulled out where they stood in Slimm's rankings. Makes it easy to compare and get a quick feel for 'how we did' according to Slimm.

I've listed each pick with 3 lines.
    First line: Round/position in the round ( overall slot in draft ) Player - Position
    Second line: Slimm's positional ranking - player - valued round
    Third line: slimm's ranking on his big board ( you can compare this directly with the 'overall slot in draft number )

Granted this is from 2/28 but it's the best overall big board I could find...

1.3 ( 3) Dion Jordan - DE
    6. Dion Jordan - 1st round
    19. Dion Jordan / DE / Oregon

2.22 (54) Jamar Taylor - CB
    4. Jamar Taylor - 2nd round
    40. Jamar Taylor / CB / Boise St.

3.15 (77) Dallas Thomas - OT
    16. Dallas Thomas - 4th round (guard)
    173. Dallas Thomas / OG / Tennessee

3.31 (93) Will Davis - CB
    12. Will Davis - 3rd round
    87. Will Davis / CB / Utah St.

4.7 (104) Jelani Jenkins - LB
    12. Jelani Jenkins - 5th round
    208. Jelani Jenkins / LB / Florida

4.9 (106) Dion Sims - TE
    6. Dion Sims* - 3rd round
    72. Dion Sims* / TE / Michigan St.

5.31 (164) Mike Gillislee - RB
    16. Mike Gillislee - 4th round
    162. Mike Gillisliee / RB / Florida

Made me feel better about some of the guys I'd never heard of! Also, as a body of work, we ended up with:
    - one top 6 player
    - 1 2nd rounder
    - 2 3rd rounders
    - 2 4th rounders
    - 1 5th

Which is maybe about average based on the ammo we started out with ( considering we gave up 1 2nd rounder to get the top 6 player ).
    Ted Slimm Jr would've made this draft his bitch. abosolutely spot on.

Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Tank Carradine is a fantastic player. That's why like 6 weeks ago I was saying he needs to be on Miami's short list for the 12th overall pick.

Would I rank him above Werner? No. Would I rank him above every other defensive end prospect in the Draft? Yes.
    So if I'm reading this right neither you nor Slimm would have taken Jordan at #3, it will be interesting to see how it plays out,
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Turin, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    seeing Davis rated in 3rd round is something reassuring: it wasn't a totally absurd pick....

viceversa, not so good reading his rating for Jankins and Thomas, both about 100 pick earlier..

also, thinking about Carradine in SF is kinda of depressing: what a passrush/defensive line they are going to have!

is there a possibility that Ted Slimm Jr will rate every team's draft, like he did last year? it would be awesome

anyway, thanks for this wonderful thread
    Buzz Meeks....
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    So if I'm reading this right neither you nor Slimm would have taken Jordan at #3, it will be interesting to see how it plays out,
    I'm higher on Dion Jordan than I think Slimm is as we've had some arguments about him, but no in the end I wouldn't have traded up to #3 overall for him.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No I would not have traded up for Dion Jordan, although it certainly beats the hell out of trading up for a left tackle. That's about as positive a spin as I can put on it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Give Ireland credit if he believes Jordon will be Demarcus Ware...at least it's based on some reasoning.
    The Dallas Thomas pick was a gross need pick. Overall, I would have preferred to trade either down from 12 into the 20s and up from 2b and 3a into the 20s... Players like Rhodes, Carradine, Eric Reid, J. Taylor (happy we got him) excellent value..
    The RD. 3 TRADES WERE TERRIBLE...Ireland got cute and got burned... Shouldve stayed where he was and grabbed Armstead and a WR.. Thoughts appreciated..
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovethefish View Post
    Give Ireland credit if he believes Jordon will be Demarcus Ware...at least it's based on some reasoning.
    The Dallas Thomas pick was a gross need pick. Overall, I would have preferred to trade either down from 12 into the 20s and up from 2b and 3a into the 20s... Players like Rhodes, Carradine, Eric Reid, J. Taylor (happy we got him) excellent value..
    The RD. 3 TRADES WERE TERRIBLE...Ireland got cute and got burned... Shouldve stayed where he was and grabbed Armstead and a WR.. Thoughts appreciated..
    The funny thing is Armstread replaced Dallas Thomas at the Senior Bowl, but he himself was injured during the season. Armstread played with a broken collarbone at the joint end throughout the whole season. That is toughness and to hold his own during senior bowl is quite impressive. If Ireland was to take an injured player, he should have taken Armstread before anyone else of course having to reach at 54. Armstread will probably show early dividends as Saints starter before either Dallas Thomas or Will Davis does.
    Quote Quote