Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 109

Thread: Slimm's 2013 Position Rankings

  1. -71
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    1,754
    vCash:
    4233
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Slimm:

    Just for giggles, if you had to name five players you can realistically see being around at #12, while being satisfied with the selection: who would they be?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -72
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,160
    vCash:
    2939
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Tank Carradine is a fantastic player. That's why like 6 weeks ago I was saying he needs to be on Miami's short list for the 12th overall pick.

    Would I rank him above Werner? No. Would I rank him above every other defensive end prospect in the Draft? Yes.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

  3. -73
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    31,951
    vCash:
    30529
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ireland doesn't have the leash to take carradine at #12...it's possible carradine may not even suit up in 2013 for ya...he definitely won't be 100 percent if he does...

    fully healthy i got no problem with it but off an acl and likely to not be ready for full contact once camp opens i don't think ireland would do it
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  4. -74
    j-off-her-doll's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2009
    Posts:
    8,178
    vCash:
    9082
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    ireland doesn't have the leash to take carradine at #12...it's possible carradine may not even suit up in 2013 for ya...he definitely won't be 100 percent if he does...

    fully healthy i got no problem with it but off an acl and likely to not be ready for full contact once camp opens i don't think ireland would do it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ShOyx0kZ9Y

    He plans to do some drills on the 19, and he plans to do full workouts the week before the draft.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -75
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    8,986
    vCash:
    3392
    Thanks / No Thanks
    His rehab is ahead of the curve and he's probably going to work out at FSU's pro day. He'll be ready to go by September, although being at 100% would be pretty incredible.

    I think he faced better offensive tackles than his teammate Werner, and it looked to me like Werner got the clean up sacks as quarterbacks were trying to get away from Carradine coming off their blind side. He was the guy that teams focused the majority of their double team and chipping efforts towards.

    No matter where he's drafted, whether it's #1 overall or the 2nd round... I think he's probably going to end up the best defensive end from this draft. There's no question he was the best one I saw on the field in college football along with Clowney before he got hurt.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -76
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    31,951
    vCash:
    30529
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ShOyx0kZ9Y

    He plans to do some drills on the 19, and he plans to do full workouts the week before the draft.
    workouts and full contact two different things...i'd say odds he's a full go come training camp 50/50
    Quote Quote  

  7. -77
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,160
    vCash:
    2939
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    I've heard a number assigned to where he is with his rehab saying he's about 1 month ahead of where you would normally expect a guy to be. The fact that he'll be able to hold a workout in April is testament to that.

    I'd say he's probably on about Ryan Broyles' timeline rather than Jonas Gray's. Broyles was playing by Week 3 and taking a heavy workload by Week 7. The only thing that prevented him from taking a total of about 600 to 650 snaps this year (which is where he was trending) is the fact that he tore his OTHER ACL (real bad luck, there).

    So I would think that would be a valid estimate for Tank Carradine...600 to 700 snaps in his rookie season. That's plenty. That's 1st round plenty.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -78
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,160
    vCash:
    2939
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    And there's no denying that Carradine went against better tackles than Werner. Carradine played against left tackles while Werner played against right tackles. Carradine faced Xavier Nixon. Werner faced Cornell Green. There's a difference.

    On the other hand, there's also no denying that Carradine was allowed by the scheme and the position responsibilities to get after the passer more freely than Werner.

    One of the reasons I've got such a crush on Devin Taylor post-Shrine week is I saw him playing consistently on the right side with streamlined responsibilities and less hesitation, and he was an absolute beast. I think he'll be better in Miami as a right end than he was as a college left end.

    When I've seen Werner flip over to that side, I've seen him rush the passer even better than he did at left end.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -79
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    933
    vCash:
    1651
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    And there's no denying that Carradine went against better tackles than Werner. Carradine played against left tackles while Werner played against right tackles. Carradine faced Xavier Nixon. Werner faced Cornell Green. There's a difference.

    On the other hand, there's also no denying that Carradine was allowed by the scheme and the position responsibilities to get after the passer more freely than Werner.

    One of the reasons I've got such a crush on Devin Taylor post-Shrine week is I saw him playing consistently on the right side with streamlined responsibilities and less hesitation, and he was an absolute beast. I think he'll be better in Miami as a right end than he was as a college left end.

    When I've seen Werner flip over to that side, I've seen him rush the passer even better than he did at left end.
    Totally agree. I've watched a lot of tape on Werner and when he flanked wide against right tackles in pure rush mode or rushed against left tackles, he did very well. But many times against right tackles he would line up just outside their shoulder and take them on, watching for the zone read plays or runs, keep the tackle at arms length. Against the left tackles, he would just blow right upfield and not worry about contain as much.....Carradine would do the same.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -80
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    933
    vCash:
    1651
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i swear psu that you should be a guru...this guy knows how to rate talent folks...in the event i ever get a job which i've already had convos with my wife about pursuing it i'm coming to get ya...
    Haha....well if you ever pursue that job, you come find me. I'm in. I've been trying to find my way into the business for years.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Slimm's November 2013 NFL Draft Position Rankings (Seniors)
    By TedSlimmJr in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 01-13-2013, 06:56 PM
  2. Slimm's 2013 prospects (underclassman)
    By TedSlimmJr in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 04:52 PM
  3. Slimm's 2013 Prospects (Seniors)
    By TedSlimmJr in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 04:47 PM
  4. Slimm's Position Rankings
    By TedSlimmJr in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 06:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •