Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Draft Winds I: Cordarrelle Patterson

1. -11
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i don't think as a prospect pattersons on the same level as dez bryant when he came out especially in the red zone as a win option but that was a good read...and i think the reason given for why miami won't touch him with that top pick makes perfect sense...the whiteboard with philbin and explaining and executing option routes...
    As far as the comparison with Dez Bryant goes, it's a give and take. He's not the red zone option Bryant was. That's very true. But Dez Bryant isn't the pure vertical threat that Patterson is, either. Patterson truly does have Mike Wallace's pure long speed. And at 6'2" and 216 lbs. as well muscled and strong as Patterson is, he'll scare the bajesus out of defenses deep in a way that Bryant's 4.50 to 4.55 speed won't.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
Message: I saw the PS controller so I figured you'd like the PS logo as well.1972 Dolphins LogoPS4 ControllerMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91

Re: Draft Winds I: Cordarrelle Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Oh I just recognised you from twitter. Good work.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm upset that there are no quotes from elementary school teachers. How are we really supposed to know his true character? (But for real, great stuff)
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    A little to short for my liking...

Great job as always!
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Califa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love sports literature, this was great as always CK. Makes me want to start writing again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Been one of my biggest issues with him. Every single year, EVERY YEAR, he makes one completely boneheaded signing that makes you think he went on a massive coke bender the night before, slept in the office, woke up still high as **** and started making calls to anybody that would answer at 4 AM on a weekday; which is apparently **** players like Naanee, Colombo, Barbie Carpenter, etc.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Austin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Draft Winds, always a great read. Awesome work CK!
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As far as the comparison with Dez Bryant goes, it's a give and take. He's not the red zone option Bryant was. That's very true. But Dez Bryant isn't the pure vertical threat that Patterson is, either. Patterson truly does have Mike Wallace's pure long speed. And at 6'2" and 216 lbs. as well muscled and strong as Patterson is, he'll scare the bajesus out of defenses deep in a way that Bryant's 4.50 to 4.55 speed won't.
    bryants physicality scares the bajesus out of nfl dbs...and he;s as exlposive as any wr in football...he plucks the football clean for such a physical force...any issue that kid has ever had has been with himself...we're talking hall of famer if he would just dedicate himself to the game...he's murderin the red zone and he whoops about any db physically down the field...treats em like step children on any 50/50 ball...

one things for sure though i can't talk about upside and what a guy will be in a couple years like a mingo or a lane johnson and leave out patterson...the talent is undeniable...the route running imo is not on the keenan allen level...but what it always comes down to for me with miami is does this kid fit an option route system and does he play as smart as he needs to in this o...and to that i say no
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At some point when a guy as talented as Cordarrelle Patterson doesn't fit your system, it might be time to look at your system and see what's wrong with it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At some point when a guy as talented as Cordarrelle Patterson doesn't fit your system, it might be time to look at your system and see what's wrong with it.
    that may be true but it's the system your 10 year qb has played in his whole high level career pretty much and one the he shows to me at least to excel in...tannehill reads leverage well imo...i'll adjust the talent i surround him with with what i believe plays to his strengths the most...and one thing this o screams to me is you better be able to read coverage and read leverage and adjust on the fly to it...if you play dumb or raw your ass is gone
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he wont fit the mental makeup. Part of that IMO is the flash. Joe Philbin is not about flash. I tend to think they will be more impressed with Allen than Patterson.

BTW, I didnt read the article because of Sun Sent.

FA: Dmitiri Patterson (Vet min.w/ incentives)
    1. Zach Martin OT
    2. Bishop Sankey RB
    3. Brandon Thomas G/T
    4. Max Bullough ILB
    5. Crockett Gilmore TE
    6. Brandon Linder G/T
    Quote Quote